The Killar Adventure - crossing Sach pass at night with family.

Rajinder

No we did not went to Surangani the photo was clicked from chamba bairagarh road. but now we will go there soon to see the gurudawara.

Rajinder

Great Turns !
Great Clear Pictures !
This is for Reference Guide for everyone here !

Can't understand location of these three turns on Google Maps.
As I can see on Google Map is On Tandi - Kishtwar Road, there are 2 points.
One going towards Kishtwar (Sach Pass Road joins Tamdi-Kishtwar Road.)
Second goes towards Tandi (Cut for Killar).
3rd one is where ?
Before Satrundi Check post ?
Google Map shows Satrundi Helipad.
This will help i guess . When we go to Killar from Sach pass and cross Bagotu after that first confusing turn come.
turnone.jpg

Its before chenab bridge
turnone1.jpg

The second confusion point is after crossing chenab bridge
secondturn.jpg

GPS points show from where we turned back
secondturngps.png

The third confusing point
turnthreeg.jpg
turnthreegps.jpg

Rajinder

I completely agree that the turn in 3rd pic are absolutely confusing, even during the day time. The turn in 1/2nd pic can be managed in day time as the wrong road is pretty narrow and clearly shows not into use (all this only in daylight, ha ha ha).
And in night time, every point showing multiple ways becomes a nightmare.

Well knowing the deadly terrain (no mans land) and that too in pitch dark timings, better to say NO instead.
I am still wondering why the police men at Satrundi didnt stop you at 1600 hrs. They do advise caution to people (other than locals) traveling late in the day.
On lighter side may be Police men at Satrundi think that I look like local driver LOL. But I think they do not stop people from going to Killar because we reached at Satrundi at 17.20 P.M. and proceeded further at 17.41 P.M.
satrundi.jpg
In winter the days are short and moon was absent from sky that night so itwas more tempting :)
moon.jpg

Divyang

There are three confusing turns on the way to Killar from bairagarh, The first one is before the bridge and other two after the bridge. When you travel in the day its less confusing. This is first confusing turnView attachment 732384
View attachment 732383
The second confusing turnView attachment 732385
Rajinderji hats off for your courage. But here a thought crosses my mind that if government doesn't place a direction sign there, one of us passing on that route can always place one ourselves there. A board of metal sheet with wooden frame will hardly cost 200-300 bucks but serve a great purpose in such situation.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0730 using Tapatalk

Rajinder

Rajinderji hats off for your courage. But here a thought crosses my mind that if government doesn't place a direction sign there, one of us passing on that route can always place one ourselves there. A board of metal sheet with wooden frame will hardly cost 200-300 bucks but serve a great purpose in such situation.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V0730 using Tapatalk
Right Sir, I felt so may be next year if we go we will make boards and take them along. or just some spray cans and put direction sign there.