The Ladakh foodie pit stops.....

komodo

Abeer Aulakh
Manali has some amazing food! I especially love Johsons, Drifters and Lazydog (I think that's what it's called). Plus I remember having some really wicked pizzas at Naggar, the name of the place escapes me. But my favorite place is a small restaurant/cafe bang opposite to the Vashisht turn, owned by a Tibetan couple. They make some seriously good food and it's very very reasonable. Plus it has outdoor seating nearby Beas. Whenever I go to Manali I always go there. And again the name escapes me because IIRC the place has no sign board, just says cafe. And I had the BEST cup of coffee there. The Aunty said some Italian tourist had gifted her some coffee and I had so many cups that I felt like running all the way to Rohtang top :D

This is the place
leh2 1227.JPG

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@AnupJi:
Yes, it is!
But what else one get to eat (hygienically) at extremely remote and secluded places? :)

kprixie

@Komodo....i am most definitely going to check this cafe out. Delicious coffee....only Johnsons has delicious coffees in Manali. IL FORNO used to have amazing coffees when Roberta was running the place, but since new owners came...even coffee was a big disappointment.
BTW...the bike looks deadly...love it. which one is it?

komodo

Abeer Aulakh
@Komodo....i am most definitely going to check this cafe out. Delicious coffee....only Johnsons has delicious coffees in Manali. IL FORNO used to have amazing coffees when Roberta was running the place, but since new owners came...even coffee was a big disappointment.
BTW...the bike looks deadly...love it. which one is it?
I've always wanted to try IL Forno but somehow I never went because either I was at Johnsons or at aunty's cafe. BTW she closes down at 4pm.

Anyway, that bike is a Hero Honda Karizma and the one's in the front are Enfields.

kprixie

i am a newbie at biking so ps excuse the ignorance. i saw the Yamaha sign and was curious. i ride a 500 machismo whenever i get the chance. borrow a relative´s bike...type...:grin: will buy mine soon though.

kprixie

my husband is crazy about the Yamaha Vmax...and i like the HARLEY cruisers....:)

- - - Updated - - -

We found this lovely cafe near Lamayuru restaurant in LEH. in front of Lamayuru is a lane and if you walk down that lane for 2 mins...you will see this cafe called OPEN HAND on your right. its got to die for Chocolate cake and delicious coffees and herbal chai, homemade soups, apple pies, brownies, sandwiches, wraps etc. we absolutely recommend the Chocolate cake and coffees and pie and cheesecake. warm staff and a foreigner couple were running it.

below are pics of the Veg Lasagne...which was just about ok.
then the bowl of Chicken broth..which was delicious...
then herbal chai..
IMG_4463.jpg
IMG_4472.jpg
IMG_4473.jpg
IMG_4474.jpg
IMG_5046.jpg