The Ladakh foodie pit stops.....

komodo

Abeer Aulakh
really amazed to see the kind of stuff available in Leh.. i have there four times and always found myself starved :shock:
Same here! I guess I never bothered to venture out enough thinking nothing better than maggi could be found. How wrong was I?

adsatinder

explorer
Great Show..........
Great Food.................
Great Remedy ..................
For Starvation.........................

kprixie

Hotel Dragon LEH......

food here was quite tasty. we had the best Soup on our trip in this hotel no cornflour..just an honest to goodness Soup. i highly recommend.
also the Veg Chopsuey was yummy...

IMG_4489.jpg
IMG_4490.jpg

kprixie

MULBEK.....
i know many of you prefer to stop at Lamayuru for your meal....i would strongly recommend MULBEK.

Frankly ...i feel this guy deserves his own thread. Why? .......How many times have you been travelling and remember been served with a honest to goodness, simple meal...served with such warmth..affection and simplicity. i absolutely adore such places and for me these are the rare gems i wish i get blessed with...i hope to stumble on to more such places...and I hope many of you now do make it a point to stop and savour his homey food and hospitality.

JUST A GENTLE REMINDER.......this place has just very simple food. for all those who expect the dal fry..masaledar paneer etc..ps avoid. this guy served us the most DELICIOUS..Daal...light and delicious Baigann ki Subzi...i never tasted such yummy, simple Baigann. hot tawa Phulkas. thats it. for 60 Bucks. he said he also makes Jammu Rajma....Kadhi etc but has mostly a set menu.

LOCATION...............well he has got the best Location of all. He is in MULBEK. and bang in front of the famous MULBEK BUDDHA STATUE. you cannot miss it at all. its on the Highway and this particular place is called Mandi in MULBEK. when coming from Srinagar its on your Left. so right in front of this huge..famous..Centuries old Buddha Carving on A Huge Rock...is this guy's dhaba. there are two Dhabas here the one i am talking of is the Sharma Dhaba..he is from Jammu.

here are the pics....

- - - Updated - - -

guys please EXCUSE .for that Lopsided picture. i forgot to set it right and just pasted it. my mistake...
we clicked some Sparrows while waiting for our meal....a very short wait. as the service is quick. the food is delicious...and here is Mr Sharma from Jammu who runs this place. when we stopped here there was no one there...what a pity!

IMG_5353.jpg
IMG_5349.jpg
IMG_5359.jpg
IMG_5352.jpg
IMG_5351.jpg
IMG_5360.jpg
IMG_5358.jpg

kprixie

DRASS..........

we stopped for a quick bite at this hole in the wall place in DRASS. its a Dogra hotel and we were expecting some Rajma there but he said the season has been very bad this time and with such few tourists stopping by...he did not make rajma that day. but he made some delicious aloo pyaaz paranthas in a jiffy with some Masala chai...DELICIOUS.... this hotel/ Dhaba is just after the JKTDC in Drass....when you are coming from Srinagar its on your left. i strongly recommend this place...........:)

IMG_5372.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Hotel Dragon LEH......

food here was quite tasty. we had the best Soup on our trip in this hotel no cornflour..just an honest to goodness Soup. i highly recommend.
also the Veg Chopsuey was yummy...

View attachment 416301
last winter i had a craving for chowmein in Leh and on the last day before our departure we went walking to the bus stand and finally had chowmein at a dhaba. It was served with a bowl of hot vegetable soup which looked like the one you have posted. It was very different from the normal veg soup but after few gulps i kinda developed a taste and it tasted wonderful. On the flipside, the chowmein was pathetic.

MULBEK.....
i know many of you prefer to stop at Lamayuru for your meal....i would strongly recommend MULBEK.

Frankly ...i feel this guy deserves his own thread. Why? .......How many times have you been travelling and remember been served with a honest to goodness, simple meal...served with such warmth..affection and simplicity. i absolutely adore such places and for me these are the rare gems i wish i get blessed with...i hope to stumble on to more such places...and I hope many of you now do make it a point to stop and savour his homey food and hospitality.

JUST A GENTLE REMINDER.......this place has just very simple food. for all those who expect the dal fry..masaledar paneer etc..ps avoid. this guy served us the most DELICIOUS..Daal...light and delicious Baigann ki Subzi...i never tasted such yummy, simple Baigann. hot tawa Phulkas. thats it. for 60 Bucks. he said he also makes Jammu Rajma....Kadhi etc but has mostly a set menu.

LOCATION...............well he has got the best Location of all. He is in MULBEK. and bang in front of the famous MULBEK BUDDHA STATUE. you cannot miss it at all. its on the Highway and this particular place is called Mandi in MULBEK. when coming from Srinagar its on your Left. so right in front of this huge..famous..Centuries old Buddha Carving on A Huge Rock...is this guy's dhaba. there are two Dhabas here the one i am talking of is the Sharma Dhaba..he is from Jammu.
This dhaba right in front of the Statue serves delicious tea, one of the best one i had in Ladakh, we had multiple cups to enjoy. Had yummy parathas at this place in one of my previous visits to this place.

4.jpg

DRASS..........

we stopped for a quick bite at this hole in the wall place in DRASS. its a Dogra hotel and we were expecting some Rajma there but he said the season has been very bad this time and with such few tourists stopping by...he did not make rajma that day. but he made some delicious aloo pyaaz paranthas in a jiffy with some Masala chai...DELICIOUS.... this hotel/ Dhaba is just after the JKTDC in Drass....when you are coming from Srinagar its on your left. i strongly recommend this place...........:)
we had a simple yet delicious chicken at Drass at Hotel Cafe View, situated right at the start of the market. They charged a hefty price for it but after some haggling reduced to acceptable levels. Then enjoyed some local cookies with tea in one the shops in front of the same hotel.

DSCF2032.jpg

DSCF2033.jpg