Sam231276

Let's Make Life a Ride
INTRO :Hi Everyone !!! It's been quite a while now I have posted anything here. But as said Better late than never.

PREFACE : As you all possibly know (mainly from my posts),that when it comes to motorcycle trips,my trusted riding partner has always been Prateek. @prateek2210 ans this trip couldn't be any exception to that...so,as always planning over WhatsApp (mainly),calls and meets started from Jan 2017. It had to be the hills as Curves are fun (yes,pun intended :p )...now the question that we kept on asking each other at least a 100 times....Where ? Kidhar ? Kothaye ? Kiththe ? (language limiter kicked in..LOL )....after quite a few hopeless discussions we locked for McLeodGanj. When ? The extended weekend around Holi !! And yes Prateek by then graduated from his 6+ year old Apache RTR 180 to the Honda CBR250R Repsol ABS (what a long name !! ).

PRE JOURNEY PREPARATIONS & PLANS:

Dates -
11-13th March 2017 (both dates inclusive)
Starting time : Proposed time for 11th March was 5AM from Dilshad Garden,New Delhi, which as per IST (Indian Stretchable Time) and weather (rain),got delayed and finally was 7 am.

Camera gear :
Surprise Surprise !! As the name of this travelogue suggests - NO DSLR-s....We both carried and filmed only using our Mobile phone camera-s and out action cam-s,details of which are as follows -

My Gears - My Motorola G4 Plus Mobile Phone & two Go Pro-s (Hero basic and Hero 4 Silver)
Prateek's Gears - Motorola E Power, SJCAM SJ4000, ISAW Extreme A3

[NOTE : We were not lucky to be sponsored by any of the above mentioned brands]

Riding Gears :

Mine - PGS Riding Jacket,Cramster Riding pant,DSG Primal Gloves, Indian Army boots from Delhi Cantt. and some Karolbagh Balaclava-s..

Prateek - SCOYCO Riding Jacket, Cramster Gloves, Taichi Leg guards and Indian Army boot from Delhi Cantt.

JOURNEY : The overall journey went over pretty fine except the enormous and insane traffic congestion near AnandPur Sahib,Punjab, where due to some religious gatherings it was an absolute gridlock. Even when we were on bikes,it took us a good 2 hours to sneak through. This happened even during our return journey.

Okay now, enough of talking...Let some of the photographs do the rest of it and also I will embedd my Vlog Link for you all to watch it.

One of the innumerous Photo Stops en route :

IMG_20170311_115801830.jpg

Another Photo Stop

IMG_20170311_140836178.jpg

Photo Stop by the Beas River.

IMG_20170311_153441556.jpg

Mandatory Selfie

IMG_20170311_171232531_HDR.jpg

View from 2nd floor of our Hotel at Fatehpur

IMG_20170312_083249149_HDR.jpg

Backdrop of the same hotel...simply breathtaking it was....

IMG_20170312_101039989_HDR.jpg

Couldn't just resist the backdrop.

IMG_20170312_112909772_HDR.jpg

Another selfie...

IMG_20170312_112956833.jpg

Our rides ....

IMG_20170312_113048741.jpg

Off-roads ? Climbing up the hill ? It's all a piece of cake on board The Himalayan.
Pic Credits @prateek2210

IMG_20170312_130442931.jpg

The White Tiger enjoying the Mighty snow capped peaks and the scenery

IMG_20170313_100100382_HDR.jpg

A Wallpaper shot

IMG_20170313_102856249_HDR.jpg

& The last click of the trip before it actually was "Battery About to Die"

IMG_20170313_174044352_HDR.jpg

That's it brothers... and here's the Video Link for you all to enjoy the Vlog I created...

prateek2210

Preface : Ever since I bought the CBR250R (used), I had the itch of taking it out to the hills asap. January I bought it and was waiting to get some of the things in the bike repaired/fixed. I had this Holi extended weekend as office holiday and it was perfect time to take it to the hills. So the planning started.

Planning : Me and Samrat (Youtube Channel : As I Ride Motovlogs) started planning with one more motovlogger to head towards Mcleodganj. The plan was to leave on 11th morning and return on 13th night. Also I was no where inetersted in playing holi here so I chose these days.
Now my bike was still on old oil and had busted shocker seal , headlight throw was uneven and tail lamp was not lighting up on braking. So got Shell synthetic, changed oil filter, got new shocker seal, got the lights fixed and was ready for trip which was just 5days away.
But its my life, last moment hiccups have to be there. Tuesday I noticed oil droplets in office parking, I straightway went to buy new oil filter and decided to get it checked after 50kms of riding. Came back from office on Wednesday , went to my mechanic , got filter changed, still there were drops. Only to find , after few minutes that it was loose drain nut. So for such petty issue, I took half day of my office, burnt petrol , waited at svc to get filter.

Anyways with this sorted, Samrat said his leaves are very dicey on the weekend. So I stopped planning everything and asked Samrat to confirm me on Friday night. Same night the third motovlogger had to be home as his mom was ill so he backed out, leaving me and Sam for a trip which even we were not sure on.
Sam confirmed me in evening that trip is on. So I started packing stuff in the tank bag, and damn it felt small with all the woollens going in it.
We changed the destination to Auli as that was too on our list, and we were excited to see the temp there being -2 degrees.

Day 1 (All goofed up) : 11th March, I woke up at 4am only to see its raining outside, whatsapped Sam, and he said , lets wait for the rain to settle down and then leave. This waiting thing made us late and I reached his home at 6am. Also Auli temp dropped till -6degrees and we were "under packed" for it, so went on with the original plan of Mcleodganj/Dharamshala. I transferred some of my things to Samrat's saddle bag and the bag which was to be tied to his rear seat. I was just using the Tank bag (Cramster Turtle) and a waist pouch.

This is how we looked when we were starting.

We at last started at 7.30 am from petrol pump and decided to take the route Delhi : Murthal : Karnal : Ambala : Rupnagar : Anantpur Sahib : Dharamshala.

Till panipat toll , I was frozen because of cold winds, so finally took a stop for Tea there.

The stretch is quite confusing for me as there were too many highways and turns for different places. This was after Ambala when we were confused where to go

Then we took another break at Kurukshetra for sugarcane juice, that was our breakfast.

As soon as we left this place, we were surrounded by paddy fields , punjabi jeeps, bullets with loud exhaust and this scenery.

Then as soon as we reached Anantpur Sahib we were welcomed by pure Beas river, the water was seriously blue in color, so pure, so unpolluted and so serene.

But soon after this happiness was screwed with religious procession, we were actually in a traffic jam for 40minutes. Which eventually resulted in our time increase and we knew that we will reach our destination by night.

We stopped just before hills, to have tea and change clothes

And this was my view of dash for whole ride.

Last edited:

Shaq

INTRO :Hi Everyone !!! It's been quite a while now I have posted anything here. But as said Better late than never.

PREFACE : As you all possibly know (mainly from my posts),that when it comes to motorcycle trips,my trusted riding partner has always been Prateek. @prateek2210 ans this trip couldn't be any exception to that...so,as always planning over WhatsApp (mainly),calls and meets started from Jan 2017. It had to be the hills as Curves are fun (yes,pun intended :p )...now the question that we kept on asking each other at least a 100 times....Where ? Kidhar ? Kothaye ? Kiththe ? (language limiter kicked in..LOL )....after quite a few hopeless discussions we locked for McLeodGanj. When ? The extended weekend around Holi !! And yes Prateek by then graduated from his 6+ year old Apache RTR 180 to the Honda CBR250R Repsol ABS (what a long name !! ).

PRE JOURNEY PREPARATIONS & PLANS:

Dates -
11-13th March 2017 (both dates inclusive)
Starting time : Proposed time for 11th March was 5AM from Dilshad Garden,New Delhi, which as per IST (Indian Stretchable Time) and weather (rain),got delayed and finally was 7 am.

Camera gear :
Surprise Surprise !! As the name of this travelogue suggests - NO DSLR-s....We both carried and filmed only using our Mobile phone camera-s and out action cam-s,details of which are as follows -

My Gears - My Motorola G4 Plus Mobile Phone & two Go Pro-s (Hero basic and Hero 4 Silver)
Prateek's Gears - Motorola E Power, SJCAM SJ4000, ISAW Extreme A3

[NOTE : We were not lucky to be sponsored by any of the above mentioned brands]

Riding Gears :

Mine - PGS Riding Jacket,Cramster Riding pant,DSG Primal Gloves, Indian Army boots from Delhi Cantt. and some Karolbagh Balaclava-s..

Prateek - SCOYCO Riding Jacket, Cramster Gloves, Taichi Leg guards and Indian Army boot from Delhi Cantt.

JOURNEY : The overall journey went over pretty fine except the enormous and insane traffic congestion near AnandPur Sahib,Punjab, where due to some religious gatherings it was an absolute gridlock. Even when we were on bikes,it took us a good 2 hours to sneak through. This happened even during our return journey.

Okay now, enough of talking...Let some of the photographs do the rest of it and also I will embedd my Vlog Link for you all to watch it.

One of the innumerous Photo Stops en route :

View attachment 708899

Another Photo Stop

View attachment 708900

Photo Stop by the Beas River.

View attachment 708901

Mandatory Selfie

View attachment 708902

View from 2nd floor of our Hotel at Fatehpur

View attachment 708903

Backdrop of the same hotel...simply breathtaking it was....

View attachment 708904

Couldn't just resist the backdrop.

View attachment 708906

Another selfie...

View attachment 708907

Our rides ....

View attachment 708908

Off-roads ? Climbing up the hill ? It's all a piece of cake on board The Himalayan.
Pic Credits @prateek2210

View attachment 708909

The White Tiger enjoying the Mighty snow capped peaks and the scenery

View attachment 708910

A Wallpaper shot

View attachment 708911

& The last click of the trip before it actually was "Battery About to Die"

View attachment 708912

That's it brothers... and here's the Video Link for you all to enjoy the Vlog I created...

Some nice shots in there!