The rates for the J & K tourism run Dak Bunglows in Kargil and Zanskar are revised.

Just learnt that the rates for the J&K tourism Dak Bunglows in Kargil, Suru and Zanskar (purtikchey, parkachick, panikhar, tongul, juldo, etc) are doubled to Rs 400 for a double room. Till last year the rates were Rs 200, and have been revised this year for the oncoming tourist season. Was informed about the same by the JK tourism department office in Kargil.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Re: The rates for the J & K tourism run Dak Bunglows in kargil and zanskar are revise

Thanks for the heads up Dhiren, while the price hike is substantial, it still isn't too expensive. However it may just have a bad effect on the pricing of other guest houses.

cuteketal

Re: The rates for the J & K tourism run Dak Bunglows in kargil and zanskar are revise

hi
how do we book JKTDC Bunglow in Kargil?

hi
how do we book JKTDC Bunglow in Kargil?
Cuteketal, from what i am given to understand, advance bookings are actually not made, especially for kargil, since during the period may to september, there is a lot of VIP movement, but please get in touch with the JK tourism office in kargil.

Mr Ghulam Rasool Lal, is the tourist officer in charge, his email id is [email protected], you could ask him his contact numbers over mail, since i only have his mobile number, i would not like to put it on the forum.

Please also note that JKTDC is different organization from JK tourism, and the Dak bunglows in kargil, zanskar come under JK tourism directly.

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator

This is the official phone number of Tourism Office in Kargil, 01985-232721

This is the official phone number of Tourism Office in Kargil, 01985-232721
This number is not working. Does anyone know about the procedures of booking rooms in the Dak Bunglow in advance? I called up Kolkata JKTDC office and they said me the bookings are made on spot only. Is this true?

Stayed at J&K Dak Bunglow at Kargil on my recent trip to Ladakh (July 2013).

There are 2 types of rooms available: normal (twin bedded with attached bath & a balcony; charged Rs 400/-) and suite (twin bedded with attached bath, balcony, & a small drawing room; charged Rs 500/-).

The normal rooms available are 3 in number while there is only 1 suite, all of which are in the 1st floor. There are also some rooms on the ground floor apart from a big dinning hall and kitchen, but the caretaker only showed us the rooms on the 1st floor. However, he offered one of the ground floor rooms when we asked him to arrange a room for our driver. All of the rooms come with geyser facilities and quite ok to stay for a night. The dak bunglow also has a cook.

Here I attach a picture of the normal room:

DSCN3760.jpg

Last edited:

swsumit

Wanderer

hello sir ,
i wanted to book acco at kargil and rangdum for sept 2014 . is it possible for u to give me the number of Mr Ghulam sahib

regards
sumit