The Scary experiences thread

Sandeep Dhawan

The Contrarian!
Let me share another one.

My college days

It was close to midnight. 10 frenz including me relaxing at some person's room after networks exam in the evening.
We hadn't eaten anything since morning.
We were hungry. What to do?

5 kms far there is a highway <> Yamunanagar - Ponta Sahib. Few dhabas as there, namely

Maharaja Dhaba > Famous for its shahi paneer
Green view dhaba > famous for nothing :p

That's ok but who will go and bring food.

3 people agreed after lots of push

1. Sandeep Dhawan who will be driving a HP registered LML NV (without papers)
2. Dheeraj Rustagi
3. Gaurav Sharma

All three on a single scooter without helmet.

Hardly 3 kms we had driven. Suddenly felt movements/noises of something in the darkness. There were no street lights or flood lights.
Something fishy seems to be in motion.

We stopped and looked around.

Some guys caught us from behind the bushes. Asked us to leave scooter there only.

Guess what happened next?

- - - Updated - - -

Good night, will share tom

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
Let me share another one.

My college days

It was close to midnight. 10 frenz including me relaxing at some person's room after networks exam in the evening.
We hadn't eaten anything since morning.
We were hungry. What to do?

5 kms far there is a highway <> Yamunanagar - Ponta Sahib. Few dhabas as there, namely

Maharaja Dhaba > Famous for its shahi paneer
Green view dhaba > famous for nothing :p

That's ok but who will go and bring food.

3 people agreed after lots of push

1. Sandeep Dhawan who will be driving a HP registered LML NV (without papers)
2. Dheeraj Rustagi
3. Gaurav Sharma

All three on a single scooter without helmet.

Hardly 3 kms we had driven. Suddenly felt movements/noises of something in the darkness. There were no street lights or flood lights.
Something fishy seems to be in motion.

We stopped and looked around.

Some guys caught us from behind the bushes. Asked us to leave scooter there only.

Guess what happened next?

- - - Updated - - -

Good night, will share tom
HEC :eek:

??????

smoothwanderer

sandeep dhawan you are wrong in grading some highways as safe and others as dangerous. the bangalore - hyderabad highway which you termed as safe, well a mallu techie who stopped and rested near a toll plaza went missing. few months later his mobile phone and car was traced by friends to some small town in between. he was killed by two criminals after taking him away from the highway forcefuly and valuables stolen ( i read it in a malayalam daily ). i did some whole night drives in rajasthan but felt safe. ( i didn't stop at night though).once on a night drive in rajasthan on my return trip from ladakh we stopped at some place beyond bhilwara at 2am beyond a small town for a piss stop and smoke for my friend, when some people in a jeep asked my friend for help to push start their jeep. well i forbade my friend as we had my wife and kids aboard and drove off.well criminals are every where so stopping at lonely places in any high way can be risky. yes driving when you are dead tired and sleepy is also risky.

Sandeep Dhawan

The Contrarian!
sandeep dhawan you are wrong in grading some highways as safe and others as dangerous. the bangalore - hyderabad highway which you termed as safe, well a mallu techie who stopped and rested near a toll plaza went missing. few months later his mobile phone and car was traced by friends to some small town in between. he was killed by two criminals after taking him away from the highway forcefuly and valuables stolen ( i read it in a malayalam daily ). i did some whole night drives in rajasthan but felt safe. ( i didn't stop at night though).once on a night drive in rajasthan on my return trip from ladakh we stopped at some place beyond bhilwara at 2am beyond a small town for a piss stop and smoke for my friend, when some people in a jeep asked my friend for help to push start their jeep. well i forbade my friend as we had my wife and kids aboard and drove off.well criminals are every where so stopping at lonely places in any high way can be risky. yes driving when you are dead tired and sleepy is also risky.
I don't agree with you smoothwanderer even though with due respect to that mallu guy, I'm not saying his incident was incorrect. Been to B'lore - Hyd highway umpteen times in both day and night. Everyone share their own experiences so that's I mentioned earlier. Some people say this highway is not safe in day or that road is not safe at night. Those who went into some trouble will surely complain. Its good to hear them out

Check this

hydblorenight.jpg

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44823-hyderabad-bangalore-thread-59.html

Forget highways, here is one similar incident happened in white field. Does that mean people shouldn't work/enjoy there at night?

Bikers attack techie, take away his car - The Times of India

Whatever happened with us @ Rajasthan or looking around MP/UP/MH over NH7 I'll never prefer to drive at night. But if its NH4 or NH8 upto GJ, I wouldn't mind stopping car for a quick nag.

Cheers man!

- - - Updated - - -

HEC :eek:

??????
:D Identify youself HECian!

http://hec.edu.in/

Last edited:

himalayason

I went to badrinath on 8th may with my family and returned yesterday night. This incident happened nearby devprayag yesterday morning. I was driving and my wife sitting on the left side with open mirror. I was driving at medium speed and we both heard a loud scary shout of 1 or 2 people. I was shocked while driving and my heart started pumping fast. My wife also heard that voice and asked me what was that as she felt scary. I asked my parents if they heard any voice, they said no. The voice was like if someone hit by car and shout. There was no soul that time on the road and river flowing deep below on our left. My parents forced me not to stop the car. We wife looked back but could not find anyone. I tried to search today if there is anything on that road and found the news on dainik jagran that 3 days back 14 people died in bus accident near devprayag. I tried to find the spot with name of village and I believe that spot was nearby where we heard that loud scary shout.

I thought to share this as first time I experience something scary after driving multiple times on that route.