The Scary experiences thread

adsatinder

explorer
I went to badrinath on 8th may with my family and returned yesterday night. This incident happened nearby devprayag yesterday morning. I was driving and my wife sitting on the left side with open mirror. I was driving at medium speed and we both heard a loud scary shout of 1 or 2 people. I was shocked while driving and my heart started pumping fast. My wife also heard that voice and asked me what was that as she felt scary. I asked my parents if they heard any voice, they said no. The voice was like if someone hit by car and shout. There was no soul that time on the road and river flowing deep below on our left. My parents forced me not to stop the car. We wife looked back but could not find anyone. I tried to search today if there is anything on that road and found the news on dainik jagran that 3 days back 14 people died in bus accident near devprayag. I tried to find the spot with name of village and I believe that spot was nearby where we heard that loud scary shout.

I thought to share this as first time I experience something scary after driving multiple times on that route.
Really !

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/regional-india/bus-plunges-into-river-leaving-9-killed-and-31-injured/
Nine persons were killed and 31 others injured when a roadways bus plunged 300 metres down the road into the River Ganga at Saknidhar in Tehri district on Wednesday.
The roadways bus carrying 52 passengers was going from Delhi to Guptkashi when the mishap occurred at Saknidhar
between Vyasi and Devprayag in the district at around 6.15 AM.
Nine bodies have been recovered while 31 have been injured, Tehri SSP Janmejya Khanduri said.
The injured have been hospitalised.

Dehradun: Ten people were killed and 25 were injured Wednesday morning when a bus met with an accident on the Rishikesh-Badrinath route in Uttarakhand, police said.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/uttarakhand/ten-10-killed-in-uttarakhand-bus-accident_930334.html
The injured were rushed to a nearby medical facility where over a dozen people are said to be critical. The accident took place in Saknidhar area of Devprayag when the bus overturned. The bus was on its way from New Delhi and was headed to Srinagar in Uttarakhand.

Relief and rescue operations have been initiated by the Uttarakhand government, an official said.

Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat said the state chief secretary has been asked to oversee the relief operations.

He added that the state government will provide a Rs.2 lakh ex-gratia compensation to the families of those killed in the accident.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me share another one.

My college days

It was close to midnight. 10 frenz including me relaxing at some person's room after networks exam in the evening.
We hadn't eaten anything since morning.
We were hungry. What to do?

5 kms far there is a highway <> Yamunanagar - Ponta Sahib. Few dhabas as there, namely

Maharaja Dhaba > Famous for its shahi paneer
Green view dhaba > famous for nothing :p

That's ok but who will go and bring food.

3 people agreed after lots of push

1. Sandeep Dhawan who will be driving a HP registered LML NV (without papers)
2. Dheeraj Rustagi
3. Gaurav Sharma

All three on a single scooter without helmet.

Hardly 3 kms we had driven. Suddenly felt movements/noises of something in the darkness. There were no street lights or flood lights.
Something fishy seems to be in motion.

We stopped and looked around.

Some guys caught us from behind the bushes. Asked us to leave scooter there only.

Guess what happened next?

- - - Updated - - -

Good night, will share tom
When is tomorrow ?

Last edited:

knightrider60

Guys know what.I am scared right now
Junior has just learned driving and has taken my old car to his grandad.Now its more than 3 hours since he has left that place and its not more than an hours drive here.His cellphone seems out of range or switched off.:(

- - - Updated - - -

Guys know what.I am scared right now
Junior has just learned driving and has taken my old car to his grandad.Now its more than 3 hours since he has left that place and its not more than an hours drive here.His cellphone seems out of range or switched off.:(
Update
Junior has reached home and thats all i wished for.Will discuss his problems tomorrow so its G night for the time being.It had been hell last few hours

knightrider60

Mystery of getting back late now solved.
Knightrider junior had lost his way:(
The car headlamps were not used for ages since i dont drive after evening and they were also giving troubles being intermittent.
His mobile battery went dead and he became unreachable
He did ask for directions but could not follow them properly thus all this drama created a lot of tensions till we saw him safely back home.He had left kamla nagar before 6PM and landed home at around 9:30.A distance of max 24kms covered in that much time

Shrid

C'mon Sandeep sir, looking forward to read your story further!

P.S. This is my first and probably the last post on this forum.