The Urmi, Haridwar

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I stayed at Hotel The Urmi at Haridwar from 3/11/13 – 5/11/13 with my family. I had searched about it through Tripadvisor and I am glad about my stay there.

Its located around 6 kms from Haridwar Railway Station on the highway to Rishikesh. Its situated in the lane opposite to the Jain Temple in Bhupatwala. The autos that we hired were well aware of its location and hence I presume that it might be a known hotel in Haridwar.

The hotel looks good from outside as well as inside. The rooms are of different size and hence request for the room as per your group size. The rooms are very clean and so are the bathrooms. Probably all the rooms have Air-conditioning too. It’s a really well maintained hotel. It provides 24 hr running hot and cold water.

There is a decent dining area at the ground level serving food of varying taste levels (good to mediocre) but the staff is very helpful. They usually serve the north Indian stuff like Chole Bhature, Poha, Aloo Paratha and sorts. Don’t request them to make anything other than typical north Indian fare as they don’t know how to make it.

Since the hotel is a little far from city one shall need a vehicle to visit the attractions of Haridwar / Rishikesh. If budget is low and you can’t afford a taxi, a little walk (500 mts or so) to the highway will get a Vikram (dedicated /shared).

The rooms are sold for Rs. 1000/- or so but I got discount of about 17% from Cleartrip.com, including the breakfast which is now discontinued. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Haridwar subject to the condition that he/she has a vehicle.

I don't have any pics but their website had sufficient details along with the pics.

The website contains latest contact & general information

Last edited: