The Weather and Meteorology thread

citymonk

Super User
I hope they must have good knowledge and advance warning and information systems then BCMT ....

Maybe in joy of Lockdown Strictness going away they venture out ignoring all warnings and knowingly or unknowingly get struck in storm.

Cyclone presence in Bay of Bengal simply means good weather in Delhi. More it moves towards Bengal more will be rains in Delhi.

Cyclone moving towards Odissa also means comparative less rains in Delhi due to this Cyclone.

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
Yes... There are more clouds cover right now ...seems kuch hoga dust storm...

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
WEATHER UPDATE
17 MAY 2020 SUNDAY
20 MAY 2020 WEDNESDAY
21 MAY 2020 THURSDAY.

Effect on Himalayas by storm in Bay of Bengal.

As the days move forward the effect of storm brewing in Bay of Bengal will become more clear.
As of today it appears that it is likely to follow a bee line for Sikkim,
Today the shape is taking place nicely, and by 20 May snowfall is expected to start over Sikkim and Bhutan, and also the Easternmost part of Nepal.
Another 2 days and it will become more clear whether it maintains its Northerly track of tends to curve off Eastwards.

So remember, that any system that forms and moves in Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal, are not in isolation, their movement are affected by what happens around the world.

17 May 2020 :

1589755590437.png

20 May 2020

1589755628317.png

21 May 2020 :

1589755654481.png

above 3 dates in single Map, expected path of the Typhoon :

1589755681832.png

adsatinder

explorer
I hope they must have good knowledge and advance warning and information systems then BCMT ....

LOL

BCMT has much better and most predictable Snow Weather Warning Information.
People plan for Hills with help of BCMT Weather updates only.
Who ever wants to see snow in Hills asks about snowfall prediction at BCMT only or a BCMTian is consulted.
Check threads of Manali Leh, Spiti, Himachal, Uttarakhnd Threads, Enquiries are there with real answers.

FYI
Most of Hoteliers say that snowfall is happening in Shimla / Manali by posting old videos.
No one says that it was a short snowfall only or it will not happen when you will reach.
LOL !

adsatinder

explorer
Delhi Earthquake: Low-intensity Tremors Felt in National Capital, Epicentre in Pitampura

Representative Image.

Representative Image.

The epicentre was Pitampura in north Delhi. The NCS said the quake occurred at 11:28 am at a depth of eight kilometres.
  • PTI
  • LAST UPDATED: MAY 15, 2020, 12:41 PM IST

New Delhi: A low-intensity earthquake of magnitude 2.2 hit the national capital on Friday, the fourth since April 12, the National Centre for Seismology said.

The epicentre was Pitampura in north Delhi.

The NCS said the quake occurred at 11:28 am at a depth of eight kilometres.

The NCS is a body under the Ministry of Earth Sciences.

On May 10, a medium-intensity earthquake of magnitude 3.4 hit the area near Wazirpur in northeast Delhi.

Wazirpur and its nearby areas were the epicentre of the earthquakes on April 12 and April 13, of magnitude 3.5 and 2.7, respectively. There are five seismic zones. Delhi falls in the fourth zone.

According to the Delhi Disaster Management Authority, seismicity around Delhi appears to be associated with a major geological structure known as the Delhi-Hardwar Ridge.

An earthquake of magnitude 2.8 had hit the national capital in 2004. Another 3.4 magnitude quake was recorded in the city in 2001, according to official data.

The major quakes recorded near the national capital were at Bulandshahr (magnitude 6.7) on October 10, 1956 and at Moradabad (magnitude 5.8) on August 15, 1966. Both are in western Uttar Pradesh.

Delhi Earthquake: Low-intensity Tremors Felt in National Capital, Epicentre in Pitampura

jammbuster

BCMT has much better and most predictable Snow Weather Warning Information.
People plan for Hills with help of BCMT Weather updates only.
Who ever wants to see snow in Hills asks about snowfall prediction at BCMT only or a BCMTian is consulted.
Check threads of Manali Leh, Spiti, Himachal, Uttarakhnd Threads, Enquiries are there with real answers.

FYI
Most of Hoteliers say that snowfall is happening in Shimla / Manali by posting old videos.
No one says that it was a short snowfall only or it will not happen when you will reach.
LOL !
Help (joke)

jammbuster

Help from you only.. reat peeps here sleeping

adsatinder

explorer
Help from you only.. reat peeps here sleeping

Other Weather Experts are creating full thread of snow and snowalls.
Check :

Last edited: