Thunderbird 350 or Classic 350 : confusion , confusion , confusion :confused:

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by sudipto, Apr 5, 2016.

1. sudipto

sudipto Active Member

First of all , I want to state that I am driving two wheeler for more that 20 years but always stops whenever any RE passed by me I have to watch the bike and dreaming for the same.....:rolleyes:.
    Now as my last bike was more that 10 years and I am getting trouble with that for some time I want change it... and of course with a RE bike.
    Already paid a visit at the showroom take a Thunderbird 350 test drive ( for 1 min). After that my research work starts , going through this forum for different thread. This give me enough knowledge. But now I am confused badly.
    In my heart I always prefer Thunderbird 350, but after research work and talking with some RE biker friend I am confused. They told many negative remarks on Thunderbird and they prefer Classic 350.

Please help me out. I am badly stucked. :-k

2. indiacha

indiacha Well-Known Member

Yes go for Classic ..it really looks cool & is good for crowded city areas. For highways TB is better.

3. torq118

torq118 Awesome Member

Now this will get confusing for you, I prefer TB and recently booked blue color TB 350.
    Best thing to do is to decide it for yourself. Go have a test ride of both the bikes, get the feel and then decide which of the two is best for you.

I chose TB owing to the riding comfort, great feel while driving and killer looks.

IJS and geniousanupam like this.
  4. geniousanupam

geniousanupam Super User

+1

5. geniousanupam

geniousanupam Super User

Can you please tell us what negative remarks comparison to Classic?

6. sudipto

sudipto Active Member

Thanks all for your valued suggestions. Actually I am willing to go for TB 350 from my heart and that's why I already done a short test drive for TB 350 only. But my brain wants some verification before buying a Rs. 165000+ bike. So I first went to one my friend's brother who also a proud owner of TB 350 and doing bike touring for 1 years now. He also told me "NO" in one word if I go technical. He told me following points :
    1. No mechanic are willing to open rear tyre puncture repairing job because of the Disc brake.
    2. In Hill area specially on sharp bend I have to give extra effort in Tb 350 with respect to Classic 350 as it has no straight handle.
    3. Digital meter problems.
    4. Foot rest is not tough enough. He carry one extra if it break during his touring.
    5. City riding such as passing through the gap of other vehicle during congested traffic condition.
    And after so many negative mark he also suggest :eek:me if my heart is willing to go for TB 350 I must go with my heart. Because it is Royal Enfield and again I was in confused state.
    Then one mechanic told me that TB is not a real Enfield type bike and the TB350 has different problems. Though he was not specific about his comments but it seems that everyone oppose my love TB 350 :sad:.

Royal Racer likes this.
  7. Nivin Uthup

Nivin Uthup Member

1. No comments. An overstatement it seems .
    2. I loved riding hilly curves on Thunderbird and on my std , I personally believe , it is riding style as it differ with riders. Some prefer R15 or unicorn. So depends entirely on you.
    3. Own an RE , there will be problems , Classic is not an exemption. Maintain it well , hope RE owners have niggle free experiences.
    4. Pass,
    5. In city you should learn how to handle it , once you own you will enjoy it . hope you can see many TB owners riding with ease in traffic .

Major drawback for TB is its heavy price. I have seen many happy TB owners. As all says, go with your heart. Ride it and you will enjoy it.

sudipto likes this.
  8. sudipto

sudipto Active Member

Thanks Nivin for your detailed feedback. Your words relief me a lot. Now I am glad if please share your thoughts about your TB experiences apart from my earlier points. May these words gives us some good records.

9. Nivin Uthup

Nivin Uthup Member

I loved the seating posture for TB, and the handle felt less vibe than my std 350 . one thing I did not like is the tank in front of me in a raised position .
    I chose std for its heavy crank , which I enjoy riding with fewer gear change, and the budget . wish I have an rpm meter and fuel gauge on my bike, that is available in TB .
    IMO you don't need to worry much , which ever you choose , you gonna love it after riding it.
    If you are comfortable with TB handle , then u can choose it over classic.

10. sudipto

sudipto Active Member

Thanks Nivin , now I am looking forward.
    One thing I want to ask that though all 350 cc engine are same is there any specific problem for TB 350 with respect to other models ?