Thunderbird 350cc, 2012 version

Sagar713

Hi guys. I am new to this forum. Had booked a thunderbird 350 asphalt last month. Finished payment today. Awaiting delivery on Monday. They didnt allow me to do a PDI before payment. Is it ok to do PDI on the day of delivery ?? Is there any paint protection for asphalt color ?.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. Had booked a thunderbird 350 asphalt last month. Finished payment today. Awaiting delivery on Monday. They didnt allow me to do a PDI before payment. Is it ok to do PDI on the day of delivery ?? Is there any paint protection for asphalt color ?.
Yes it is ok to do pdi before delivery.
And for paint just dont use any thing rough to clean it , u can also use 3m paint sealant or paint protection flim. For more detail contact ur local 3m studio or some good detailer. Dont opt for teflon as most teflon offered by showrooms is not genuine. It is better to use good wax than to use teflon.

Sagar713

Hi guys. Is it advisable to change exhaust on new bike. How is red rooster performance exhaust. Has anyone done it here. If so, how is it performing on long term. Any side effects to the bike ?.

Lifeson

Hello guys... It's been sometime since I checked this blog... The reason is I sold my TB 350 and went for a classic 500... Was happy that I got upgraded and made sure the bike is in great condition... Went for ridermania'16 ...2500 kms covered in a single stretch... Then comes the problem... Bike got screwed up...Starting wit engine noise... Tappet replaced... Ride became so jerky... Some mechanics told it's a fuel injection issue... Got to b replaced... Oil leaks into spark plug and bike shuts off... Totally pissed off... Atlast I decided to sell it off... I sold it and thought of coming out of re itself... Butttt... Couldn't... Me a 6 footer.... After riding RE..I couldn't get that feel in other bikes... Don't know what it is... So again a RE??? Hmmmm...Yes it is... Came back to the most comfortable vehicle I hav ever driven... Thunderbird it is... Marine blue...Sounds crazy Na?

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hello guys... It's been sometime since I checked this blog... The reason is I sold my TB 350 and went for a classic 500... Was happy that I got upgraded and made sure the bike is in great condition... Went for ridermania'16 ...2500 kms covered in a single stretch... Then comes the problem... Bike got screwed up...Starting wit engine noise... Tappet replaced... Ride became so jerky... Some mechanics told it's a fuel injection issue... Got to b replaced... Oil leaks into spark plug and bike shuts off... Totally pissed off... Atlast I decided to sell it off... I sold it and thought of coming out of re itself... Butttt... Couldn't... Me a 6 footer.... After riding RE..I couldn't get that feel in other bikes... Don't know what it is... So again a RE??? Hmmmm...Yes it is... Came back to the most comfortable vehicle I hav ever driven... Thunderbird it is... Marine blue...Sounds crazy Na?
Crazy and bit foolish . Plz dont mind i would have stayed away from it i had two re and now living with out it is very good more riding less worries less spending on maintaining and service. Now i booked the new D400 a very good bike for taller riders though i am only 5.4ft.
Good luck with ur new ride wish u more miles than trouble.

Lifeson

Crazy and bit foolish . Plz dont mind i would have stayed away from it i had two re and now living with out it is very good more riding less worries less spending on maintaining and service. Now i booked the new D400 a very good bike for taller riders though i am only 5.4ft.
Good luck with ur new ride wish u more miles than trouble.
Thanks a lot... Feeling hopeful...

indiacha

Only Bullet Std 500 is safe bet in 500cc segment because its not Efi, dear lifeson, Dominor will be a overall much better product then any RE.

Last edited:

Lifeson

Even I thought the same... I booked b500...Then those showroom ppl and mechanics were very much skeptical and totally against it... as v got to depend on those mechanics only...Hav to change the frame of mind... Better to go for a known one than an untouched one....

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Reports of the D400 being a vibey ride have started filtering in-looks Bajaj is giving competition to RE on this front too:lol: