Thunderbird 350cc, 2012 version

sv5020

Hi there....I own TB-350 (2014 model) and its self start not working since 3 days. I hear a vibrating noise from the Relay unit adjacent to stock battery (3.5 yrs old, Exide) upon pressing the self start. Lamps and horn are working fine though. I'm advised to replace the battery as next step and the mechanic suggested to go for Amaron dry battery kit. The existing battery tray also needs to be changed. Has anyone tried to replace it with Amaron (maint free) and is functioning as expected?

I heard the new TBs are coming with Amaron VRLA stock battery... Can anyone post a pic of the new TB battery set up if possible.

Last edited:

Royal_Beast

Kryptonian: RB
Hi there....I own TB-350 (2014 model) and its self start not working since 3 days. I hear a vibrating (like cell phone) noise from the capacitor adjacent to the stock battery (3.5 yrs old, Exide) upon pressing the self start. Lamps and horn are working fine though. I'm advised to replace the battery as next step and the mechanic suggested to go for Amaron dry battery. The existing battery tray also needs to be changed. Has anyone tried to replace it with Amaron (maint free) and is functioning as expected?

I heard the new TBs are coming with Amaron stock battery... Can anyone post a pic of the new TB battery set up if possible.

Amaron, I feel has the best batteries for bikes. But unfortunately Amaron does not produces 14ah battery which is meant for Bullets.
You can go for Exide.

Cheers!
RB

sv5020

I got it replaced with Amaron 8Ah VRLA battery (RE kit) & relay unit today and all is well now.

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS