Thunderbird 350cc, 2012 version

Nikhil S Rajan

drnikhils
Hello friends ,
It’s been too long that I have posted anything on this thunderbird forum . Have not been riding since few years . My birdy was in hibernation mode . Serviced it and it’s back into action . But my neurologist has restricted me from long rides on my birdy now using it for short rides near my home . Had clocked 29k kms since oct 2013 . These no’s in odo were achieved in my first two years of ownership . Posting some pics of my birdy back into action . My new addition on riding gear is the new leather open face helmet which is choose as it’s weight is nearly 800gm . As I have severe spondylitis my neurologist has restricted me from riding so I got new helmet with light weight so that I can have some short rides . This time I had changed my batteries , oil , fuses , and changed the handle to OE ones .

2B549918-C26C-4C39-AA8A-11EF62C62B08.jpeg

56DF6BCA-D5AF-43A5-BCB8-8F9A0FB9C7D6.jpeg

8747AD08-6D7E-47D0-BB7A-D45D3C9A0DA9.jpeg

2B6F235D-AE27-4254-AB28-F7495B76768D.jpeg

25BF9B57-FEBA-4EBA-A6D9-B353BB901CB8.jpeg

FE0B3B98-C947-4B76-8AC8-0160DA0AAF33.jpeg

asheshr

Super User
Thunderbird 350X, 500X are getting 9-spoke alloy wheels finished in black and shod with tubeless tyres. Can they be used in our bikes?

Nikhil S Rajan

drnikhils
Hello friends ,
Yesterday was invited at the Enfield showroom for unveiling of thunderbird x , as I am a hard core thunderbird user according to the showroom guys it was a honour to be their saw the thunderbird x in real flesh . I loved the colours and the new handle . Fingers crossed on the new seating position. Have to do a test drive on it . What I felt while starting the bike was the thump on older thunderbird is missing on these new euro 4 bikes . And the vibration was too harsh too . As of now i thought of if at all I love the colour will order the tank of the new colour with new handle . Rest every bit is same as that in my birdy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IJS

Chaitanya Pandey

chaitanya2106
I am 6ft tall weighing 94kgs and I do daily updown of 55 kms on a smooth road. But after riding for half hour I feel exhausted, especially I feel pain in my tailbone and I change my riding posture after every 10 mins after riding for half hour to just feel comfortable. I am seriously looking for some seat modifications for my Thunderbird 350cc stone. Can someone please suggest the same.

Nikhil S Rajan

drnikhils
I am 6ft tall weighing 94kgs and I do daily updown of 55 kms on a smooth road. But after riding for half hour I feel exhausted, especially I feel pain in my tailbone and I change my riding posture after every 10 mins after riding for half hour to just feel comfortable. I am seriously looking for some seat modifications for my Thunderbird 350cc stone. Can someone please suggest the same.

I would suggest to raise the seat height and see for yourself , it’s mainly because u r much taller and thunderbird has a low seating position .

Chaitanya Pandey

chaitanya2106
I would suggest to raise the seat height and see for yourself , it’s mainly because u r much taller and thunderbird has a low seating position .

I have been thinking about it. Will it change the comfort of handling that the bike gives after I raise its seat height? And by increasing height you mean filling up cushion/foam inside right? Also how much should one raise to make it comfortable?

Nikhil S Rajan

drnikhils
I have been thinking about it. Will it change the comfort of handling that the bike gives after I raise its seat height? And by increasing height you mean filling up cushion/foam inside right? Also how much should one raise to make it comfortable?

U should customise it according to ur comfort , raise it step by step so that u feel the correct height for urself . Would suggest to ride std 350 for its long stance that might give u an idea . Hmm he best is to ride cast iron 350 old model which has much higher stance then u will realise the difference . Thanks

Chaitanya Pandey

chaitanya2106
U should customise it according to ur comfort , raise it step by step so that u feel the correct height for urself . Would suggest to ride std 350 for its long stance that might give u an idea . Hmm he best is to ride cast iron 350 old model which has much higher stance then u will realise the difference . Thanks

Thanks. Some people add back rest to the rider seat, would you suggest that?
Also, there’s a whistling sound coming from the bike till the speed of 60 after which it disappears, I noted this on my first service but it hasn’t been fixed. Should I need to worry?

Nikhil S Rajan

drnikhils
Thanks. Some people add back rest to the rider seat, would you suggest that?
Also, there’s a whistling sound coming from the bike till the speed of 60 after which it disappears, I noted this on my first service but it hasn’t been fixed. Should I need to worry?

Adding a back rest might help , but u have to see it for urself , I feel u should really try out the old cast iron 350 with raised stance then think for urself , thunderbird is meant for people with low stance . Whistling sound might be from ur air intake valve , or might be from ur silencer , might be any other cause u have to verify the sound urself while riding and then tell the service guys else they won’t get it .