To Gangotri and Beyond.....

sounakr

Excellent Log...Inspiring..:prayer:

But Rs 200 per person on a AC xylo cab ? The whole 220 Kms ?? Really??? :shock:

anuj jain

To Swatiji,
Wow, awesome. I have this experience that trip that is made with not much planning is the best one. Last year i had two such unplanned and unmanaged tours to rohtang and another to shimla. No money (as was not at home, in ghaziabad) and no information about place and routes and modes.
Your post is making me share my trip. Though it will not hold anything in front of your or other posts in the forum.
Good site, both website and trek site.
:)

SwAtI

simply amazing..
bhains ki aankh....mazaa aa gaya.....read all 18 pages at one go.....u r one hell of a narrator Swati.......great trip.....wish you better luck for future ones !!
Awesome Narration Swati.. :)..Mien to Laghu Film ki tarah bus padhata gaya ;)
Avinash n Swati.... mazaa aa gaya.....going through the complete travelogue....

Swati....great narration...had smile on my face going through the complete story telling..hope to see u at any at any future BCMT meets.. loved especially papa bear mumma bear excerpt.......:D....

Avinash....aapke experience ko.....kya baat... kya baat.......kya baat.....
Thank you all :)

Hi Swati,

Nice triplog, Can you please tell me about the stove you are using (Make and Model) and some feedback about it like are you happy with the performance etc.

I hope its not OT.

-Ij
I am sorry, I haven't a clue.. Avinash may be able to answer this for you:)

Amazing write up!!!!

Read all of it in one go!!!
Oh went through the log second time and found still amazing -- went through all the posts.

But still waiting for the promised videos.
Second time? Really... Thank you :) ... It's a dry spell right now.. or else.. would have posted a new log :)

Excellent Log...Inspiring..:prayer:

But Rs 200 per person on a AC xylo cab ? The whole 220 Kms ?? Really??? :shock:
yup! yup! Its true..

Great pics n Awsome Pics...

Snow pictures are just superb....:)
To Swatiji,
Wow, awesome. I have this experience that trip that is made with not much planning is the best one. Last year i had two such unplanned and unmanaged tours to rohtang and another to shimla. No money (as was not at home, in ghaziabad) and no information about place and routes and modes.
Your post is making me share my trip. Though it will not hold anything in front of your or other posts in the forum.
Good site, both website and trek site.

Have you shared it already? Where's it?

anuj jain

]When I actually started walking on that loose mud, I realized how tough that was! The path gave way with every single step....It was very difficult to walk straight... we slipped several times. To add to our problems, every time a big rock got displaced, it led to a mini landslide....But it got graver after sometime, as we saw rocks falling on us!! What scared me most was the fear of falling down into the river.

I hated this part because at times we stood at one place for 10 minutes to figure out, which way to go!! After walking some distance , it seemed impossible to walk uphill. Avinash decided that we will trek down the hill first and then we will trek along the river bank...since it was difficult to walk down... we slid...on rocks and mud. My behind hurt:(:( but I couldn't do much about it and couldn't complain!!!

We were exhausted... I was worried about my camera too...so I handed it over to Avinash.. who after all this had the humor to click these pics and make fun of me. I mean look at my face....

We tried to walk alongside the river, but after a while concluded that it was a very bad idea and if we continue... one of us would be found in Gangotri.. Dead!!

Phewww... it was a mammoth task to go uphill again... we were really tired by now.. halfway up Avinash said" we will never be able to cross the stretch like this..we will have to keep moving forward but in an upwards direction... at first it made no sense to me ... I just nodded and said yes... he covered a meter or two like tat and asked me to cross it in the same manner...but I couldn't move, for one step that I put forward I lost grip and slipped! Avinash yelled", tumko samajh nahi aata kya... main keh raha hoon upar ki taraf bhago.. nahi toh neeche pohonch jaogi fisal ke!! Upar ki taraf bhago aur jahan grip bane wahan ruk jao" I yelled back," bhago bhago bhago!!! agar gir gayi main aur neeche phonch gayi fisal ke toh kya hoga ringmaster!! mere daant toot gaye toh meri shadi kaise hogi... samajh ni aara ka kya matlab hai .. dar lag ra hai mujhe toh main kya karun"

Avi: achha jhansi ki raani aisa karte hain ye cord ke sahare chalte hain .. dono bache rahenge...is rassi ka ek enad pakdo .. pehle kuch door bhag ke main jata hooon ... fir tumaana ...

I : ok

Avi: par updar ki taraf bhagna hai ladki... taaki aage bhi badte rahein aur agar thoda bohot neeche slip bhi ho jayen .. toh agli baar cover ho jaye

I : Oh aise .. pehle samjhana thha a fir! theek hai!!
I read this thread 1 week ago, and i almost daily laugh alone remembering this sentence

I yelled back," bhago bhago bhago!!! agar gir gayi main aur neeche phonch gayi fisal ke toh kya hoga ringmaster!! mere daant toot gaye toh meri shadi kaise hogi... samajh ni aara ka kya matlab hai .. dar lag ra hai mujhe toh main kya karun"

Let me assure you that in the population of 120 crore you can find lots of guys with toote daant!!

Sorry should not say so, but that was hight of writing, as if i am witnessing the what is going on - live, and look at your face, as if you have seen a Cockroach!!!!

Swattish

hahahahahahahahaahah!!

you are the only to stand in front of Jim Carrey.

Last edited:

zorg4u

Bcm'Tian
This is an amazing T-log. Swathi... Your way of narrating is spell binding. keep it up. I have never done such a trek but your T-log and amazing photography took us all with you. Brilliant stuff!!!