... to the heaven and back

sanuroxz

Super User
Day 9 : Walong

Woke up with excitement.. That feeling was something different as I was so close to China..It was freezing cold still pulled my jacket and camera and came out..My roomie who was already awaken but due to cold still lazing inside blanket… Sun had not yet come out but giving sign that it might come up soon..

Wow I was watching entire walong town in light.. it was a really small place ..houses were scattered all over the hills… The ALG was visible which was under construction.. and the best part was Lohit river was flowing beautifully and the whole last night I slept peacefully listening to the magical rhythm of Lohit…I spotted few wild horses grazing there.. took couple of pictures.. by that time Captain Sharma came out with uniform and asked me my plans for the day I told had to reach Kibithoo.. but according to him that was Saturday and the road work must be going on and no vehicles would be allowed.. I said lets see… He was going to Tri-junction for patrolling ..thats the point where India,Myanmar and China borders meet. According to him nothing is there to see only some not so beautiful hills..and the borders also not visible also told that during winter maximum snow used to visible there almost 10fts :eek:

my early morning visitors
IMG_4841.JPG

Walong ALG
IMG_4842.JPG

sun waking up
IMG_4843.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

He left and it was my time to start the struggle to plan for the day and to reach kibithoo on my own..The time was 6 AM when I came to room and by that time my roomie was ready I told him to wait few minutes so that I could get ready and I did that.. and we were ready to go.. The very first task was to get the permission from CO for the accommodation in IB… second was to get permit to visit Kibithoo and last but the most important was to get a vehicle to Kibithoo..

We started coming down the hill as IB was located on top of a hill and the market place was down hill.. I asked few locals to guide me to CO’s residence but I got mixed response but finally spotted his house..thought the door was open and I kept on knocking but none came to attend me.. it went on for 15 minutes.. i decided that without wasting time there in the mean time I should come to arrange permit for Kibithoo… I reached a gate which was managed by Military Police (MP) they took me to their cabin and allowed me to sit and told to warm my hands in the fire they were burning there.. I was literally suspicious … then the officer asked me to show my ILP I showed and asked ujsual queries why Kibithoo?? I replied little emotionally ‘Sir ..just imagine I have come so long way from bangalore only to see the border town kibithoo ..i have been planning the trip from couple of years and somehow it was not happening but finally I got everything sorted out and my highlight the trip is Kibithoo’.. Thank my lord I was able to convince that strict looking officer and he asked to give 1 photocopy of ILP and ID.. I was like “ Photocopy :eek: there ”… and he relaxed me by saying that in their canteen there was a Xerox machine.. ohh great.. I took the photocopies quickly.. and Finally my permit was ready .. Now the biggest question from the officer which even I did not have answer… How I would reach kibithoo.. As planned I explained that I would try to hire a vehicle which he said is very minimal chances and the second option was to ask for lift and he instantly pointed to one truck which already left on the way and was visible from there… My bad luck I missed that truck… and on enquiry he told that there was no guarantee that another one would go or not..

Was really in bad mood that time when I left the check gate…started walking to CO’s residence.. I knew CO was a lady but one guy came out must be her husband and signed the application form for 3 nights stay in Walong IB…we started talking and he was a well-educated guy who has visited so many countries…when I asked for vehicle he said he was having a sumo but not free that day and next day it would be free..also added that except Sunday they would not allow any vehicle to reach kibithoo due to road construction.. I was thinking so noway I could reach kibithoo that day… Kibithoo was hardly 26 kms from Walong I could have walked..

I was coming back from CO’s residence and I decided I would wait till next day if still would not get anything to reach Kibithoo I would walk..

I reached the market..hardly 4-5 shops were there and I was looking for a bike asked few guys but all were busy.. next looked for a phone to tell Ananya that all well… and there was a PCO ..but long line mostly by the army people.. and finally my turn came and I made a call… The highlight of conversation was I told Ananya that the spark in the entire trip I was looking for … I got in Walong.. don’t know how I was falling in love with walong’s mesmerizing beauty.. Just added what happens when history and beauty meets..

IMG_4850.JPG

I love this flower a lot
IMG_4853.JPG

small Walong town
IMG_4854.JPG

IB
IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

oranges everywhere
IMG_4864.JPG

IMG_4865.JPG

By that time I was feeling hungry..I was looking for some food.. but sadly there was no hotels :p but in a grocery shop the beautiful lady offered breakfast for me.. which I politely refused rather sat there for sometime and was talking to her..and lot of kids started gathering there and I got my best time.. one guy came there in a bike I requested him to give his bike or take me to kibithoo but he was heading to Hayuliang .. L he added that in Doctor Pradhan’s vehicle I could reach kibithoo.. His ambulance used to go to Kibithoo to provide medicines frequently … Ohh another new thing for me travelling in Ambulance …hmmm

Who was Doctor Pradhan.. he replied he must be in IB as there was a party going last night there :eek: Time to come back to IB .. took the shortcut and that was a difficult hike to reach the IB.. I was almost near the IB and I saw one guy having beard was sitting awkwardly in the balcony.. No he could not be a doctor my conscience told .. I walked to the caretaker and asked for some food.. he refused by saying that everything finished :eek: also added that no lunch as I was the only guest.. :eek: so would I have to spend the entire day with my dry stocks .. I would not die I reaIized… did not like his attitude at that moment.. anyway when I asked for Doctor Pradhan he pointed to one room and when I opened the room.. I saw 4 guys were drinking whiskey mind it was 10.30 AM and one was having breakfast.. I asked for Doctor Pradhan and the guy having breakfast nodded positively..he was the same guy having beard :eek:

My very first question to him was … honestly don’t know how it came…it was ‘are you by any chance from Odisha?’ He surprisingly said Yes :eek: You guys can well expect what would be reactions for both.. We instantly got so much friendly.. He was a young guy waiting for his perfect bride to get married.. He had been serving in Walong for the last 3 years and almost a local there … People used to call him God’s man due to his service and those guys drinking there were his staffs from different villages…

Doctor saab was surviving the hang over from his last night party :D when he asked about my breakfast I told the story from care taker.. the drinking guys called the care taker and ordered in strong voice that ‘ye sir Pradhan sir ke khas guest hain kuch bhi problem nahi hona chahiye’ He understood completely.. and in 10 minutes my breakfast was ready..and honestly his attitude changed drastically.. I must admit the care taker’s hand had magic in cooking.. Hot roti ,some vegetables sabji and omelette was heavenly… Also he asked for what he should cook for lunch.. I said no need to prepare lunch that brunch would be sufficient to alive till dinner :D

After having the food I asked Pradhan how to reach kibithoo.. he said that his ambulance already left for Kibithoo and no worries he would arrange some vehicle for next day and he would join me :D

Pradhan slept for sometime.,. around 2 PM Captain arrived from patrolling and insisted me to have lunch with him.. I did not refuse him .. another tasty veg meal…I complained to him why no chicken also added my sad chicken stories from Anini :D he assured me that that night dinner would be chicken for sure :D

Pradhan's staffs
IMG_4868.JPG

my balcony
IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

Green Lohit
IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG
IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

IB
IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

new building coming up.. might be some homestays
IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4889.JPG

beautiful indeed
IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4896.JPG

I did not have anything much to do that day just started walking around the beautiful small town..and finally settled in my new friend’s shop..and was getting some information regarding their life there in walong..

I must say Mizu Mishmi were super friendly.. I was remembering the words of Partha da…also remembering how similar were their attitude with all those Buddhist tribes.. Sun started fading at 3.30 PM by that time Pradhan also arrived.. and took me to his government quarter ..its a 3 BHK house large one.. he was living alone…we were discussing so many things.. after all meeting another guy from Odisha was another biggest surprise.. He was telling how people accepted him with full heart and how initially he was so scared to come to that place and at that moment he was in love with the place and people..Even higher government officials of AP knows him well..

Around 7 Pm I told him bye though he was insisting to party with him.. but I was not feeling like… before hiking the hill to IB I made a call to Ananya …one feeling coming from inside was people started knowing me there…and that place was feeling like own place…and without any fear I was walking in that pitch dark…

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

How a stranger becomes closer
IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

and we are friends
IMG_4910.JPG

my best friend
IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

IMG_4916.JPG

my best friends in Walong
IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

Super cold afternoon
IMG_4923.JPG

When I reached IB Captain was already waiting for me.. and greeted me with good news that chicken was prepared J That was huge in quantity and we were only 3 people also he had brought a bottle of whiskey.. God I denied Pradhan for drinking but could, not escape from captain… half of the chicken was cooked with loads of Coriander leaves it was dry and used as starter… seriously mouth watering… we were discussing loads of things over drink… Captain got little drunk so we asked the care taker to serve dinner.. it was rice chicken curry and salad…another fantastic chicken dish.. I was feeling I had enough chicken and took revenge :D

After dinner we were talking under the sky full of stars.. one sumo came and stopped there one young guy got down greeted us ‘Namaskar’ and asked for room.. care taker gave him a room.. He was Madan from Chennai another solo backpacker… another reason for me to be happy J

I just told Madan that I would discuss with him next day as it was getting very cold and also late ..

When I came to my room it was already 9.30 PM.. decided to retire.. as next day again had to struggle to reach Kibithoo…

NEXT >

Last edited:

Roadhunk

MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI
Day 9 : Walong

Woke up with excitement.. That feeling was something different as I was so close to China..It was freezing cold still pulled my jacket and camera and came out..My roomie who was already awaken but due to cold still lazing inside blanket… Sun had not yet come out but giving sign that it might come up soon..

Wow I was watching entire walong town in light.. it was a really small place ..houses were scattered all over the hills… The ALG was visible which was under construction.. and the best part was Lohit river was flowing beautifully and the whole last night I slept peacefully listening to the magical rhythm of Lohit…I spotted few wild horses grazing there.. took couple of pictures.. by that time Captain Sharma came out with uniform and asked me my plans for the day I told had to reach Kibithoo.. but according to him that was Saturday and the road work must be going on and no vehicles would be allowed.. I said lets see… He was going to Tri-junction for patrolling ..thats the point where India,Myanmar and China borders meet. According to him nothing is there to see only some not so beautiful hills..and the borders also not visible also told that during winter maximum snow used to visible there almost 10fts :eek:

my early morning visitors
View attachment 658486
Walong ALG
View attachment 658487
sun waking up
View attachment 658488

View attachment 658489

View attachment 658490

He left and it was my time to start the struggle to plan for the day and to reach kibithoo on my own..The time was 6 AM when I came to room and by that time my roomie was ready I told him to wait few minutes so that I could get ready and I did that.. and we were ready to go.. The very first task was to get the permission from CO for the accommodation in IB… second was to get permit to visit Kibithoo and last but the most important was to get a vehicle to Kibithoo..

We started coming down the hill as IB was located on top of a hill and the market place was down hill.. I asked few locals to guide me to CO’s residence but I got mixed response but finally spotted his house..thought the door was open and I kept on knocking but none came to attend me.. it went on for 15 minutes.. i decided that without wasting time there in the mean time I should come to arrange permit for Kibithoo… I reached a gate which was managed by Military Police (MP) they took me to their cabin and allowed me to sit and told to warm my hands in the fire they were burning there.. I was literally suspicious … then the officer asked me to show my ILP I showed and asked ujsual queries why Kibithoo?? I replied little emotionally ‘Sir ..just imagine I have come so long way from bangalore only to see the border town kibithoo ..i have been planning the trip from couple of years and somehow it was not happening but finally I got everything sorted out and my highlight the trip is Kibithoo’.. Thank my lord I was able to convince that strict looking officer and he asked to give 1 photocopy of ILP and ID.. I was like “ Photocopy :eek: there ”… and he relaxed me by saying that in their canteen there was a Xerox machine.. ohh great.. I took the photocopies quickly.. and Finally my permit was ready .. Now the biggest question from the officer which even I did not have answer… How I would reach kibithoo.. As planned I explained that I would try to hire a vehicle which he said is very minimal chances and the second option was to ask for lift and he instantly pointed to one truck which already left on the way and was visible from there… My bad luck I missed that truck… and on enquiry he told that there was no guarantee that another one would go or not..

Was really in bad mood that time when I left the check gate…started walking to CO’s residence.. I knew CO was a lady but one guy came out must be her husband and signed the application form for 3 nights stay in Walong IB…we started talking and he was a well-educated guy who has visited so many countries…when I asked for vehicle he said he was having a sumo but not free that day and next day it would be free..also added that except Sunday they would not allow any vehicle to reach kibithoo due to road construction.. I was thinking so noway I could reach kibithoo that day… Kibithoo was hardly 26 kms from Walong I could have walked..

I was coming back from CO’s residence and I decided I would wait till next day if still would not get anything to reach Kibithoo I would walk..

I reached the market..hardly 4-5 shops were there and I was looking for a bike asked few guys but all were busy.. next looked for a phone to tell Ananya that all well… and there was a PCO ..but long line mostly by the army people.. and finally my turn came and I made a call… The highlight of conversation was I told Ananya that the spark in the entire trip I was looking for … I got in Walong.. don’t know how I was falling in love with walong’s mesmerizing beauty.. Just added what happens when history and beauty meets..

View attachment 658491
I love this flower a lot
View attachment 658492

small Walong town
View attachment 658493
IB
View attachment 658494

View attachment 658495

View attachment 658496

View attachment 658497

View attachment 658498
oranges everywhere
View attachment 658499

View attachment 658500
By that time I was feeling hungry..I was looking for some food.. but sadly there was no hotels but in a grocery shop the beautiful lady offered breakfast for me.. which I politely refused rather sat there for sometime and was talking to her..and lot of kids started gathering there and I got my best time.. one guy came there in a bike I requested him to give his bike or take me to kibithoo but he was heading to Hayuliang .. L he added that in Doctor Pradhan’s vehicle I could reach kibithoo.. His ambulance used to go to Kibithoo to provide medicines frequently … Ohh another new thing for me travelling in Ambulance …hmmm

Who was Doctor Pradhan.. he replied he must be in IB as there was a party going last night there :eek: Time to come back to IB .. took the shortcut and that was a difficult hike to reach the IB.. I was almost near the IB and I saw one guy having beard was sitting awkwardly in the balcony.. No he could not be a doctor my conscience told .. I walked to the caretaker and asked for some food.. he refused by saying that everything finished :eek: also added that no lunch as I was the only guest.. :eek: so would I have to spend the entire day with my dry stocks .. I would not die I reaIized… did not like his attitude at that moment.. anyway when I asked for Doctor Pradhan he pointed to one room and when I opened the room.. I saw 4 guys were drinking whiskey mind it was 10.30 AM and one was having breakfast.. I asked for Doctor Pradhan and the guy having breakfast nodded positively..he was the same guy having beard :eek:

My very first question to him was … honestly don’t know how it came…it was ‘are you by any chance from Odisha?’ He surprisingly said Yes :eek: You guys can well expect what would be reactions for both.. We instantly got so much friendly.. He was a young guy waiting for his perfect bride to get married.. He had been serving in Walong for the last 3 years and almost a local there … People used to call him God’s man due to his service and those guys drinking there were his staffs from different villages…

Doctor saab was surviving the hang over from his last night party :D when he asked about my breakfast I told the story from care taker.. the drinking guys called the care taker and ordered in strong voice that ‘ye sir Pradhan sir ke khas guest hain kuch bhi problem nahi hona chahiye’ He understood completely.. and in 10 minutes my breakfast was ready..and honestly his attitude changed drastically.. I must admit the care taker’s hand had magic in cooking.. Hot roti ,some vegetables sabji and omelette was heavenly… Also he asked for what he should cook for lunch.. I said no need to prepare lunch that brunch would be sufficient to alive till dinner :D

After having the food I asked Pradhan how to reach kibithoo.. he said that his ambulance already left for Kibithoo and no worries he would arrange some vehicle for next day and he would join me :D

Pradhan slept for sometime.,. around 2 PM Captain arrived from patrolling and insisted me to have lunch with him.. I did not refuse him .. another tasty veg meal…I complained to him why no chicken also added my sad chicken stories from Anini :D he assured me that that night dinner would be chicken for sure :D

Pradhan's staffs
View attachment 658501
my balcony
View attachment 658502

View attachment 658503
Green Lohit
View attachment 658504

View attachment 658505

View attachment 658506 View attachment 658507

View attachment 658508

View attachment 658509

View attachment 658510

View attachment 658511

IB
View attachment 658512

View attachment 658513

View attachment 658514
new building coming up.. might be some homestays
View attachment 658515

View attachment 658516
beautiful indeed
View attachment 658517

View attachment 658519

View attachment 658520

I did not have anything much to do that day just started walking around the beautiful small town..and finally settled in my new friend’s shop..and was getting some information regarding their life there in walong..

I must say Mizu Mishmi were super friendly.. I was remembering the words of Partha da…also remembering how similar were their attitude with all those Buddhist tribes.. Sun started fading at 3.30 PM by that time Pradhan also arrived.. and took me to his government quarter ..its a 3 BHK house large one.. he was living alone…we were discussing so many things.. after all meeting another guy from Odisha was another biggest surprise.. He was telling how people accepted him with full heart and how initially he was so scared to come to that place and at that moment he was in love with the place and people..Even higher government officials of AP knows him well..

Around 7 Pm I told him bye though he was insisting to party with him.. but I was not feeling like… before hiking the hill to IB I made a call to Ananya …one feeling coming from inside was people started knowing me there…and that place was feeling like own place…and without any fear I was walking in that pitch dark…

View attachment 658522

View attachment 658524

View attachment 658526
How a stranger becomes closer
View attachment 658527

View attachment 658528

View attachment 658529

and we are friends
View attachment 658530
my best friend
View attachment 658531

View attachment 658532

View attachment 658533

my best friends in Walong
View attachment 658534

View attachment 658535

View attachment 658536

View attachment 658537
Super cold afternoon
View attachment 658538

When I reached IB Captain was already waiting for me.. and greeted me with good news that chicken was prepared J That was huge in quantity and we were only 3 people also he had brought a bottle of whiskey.. God I denied Pradhan for drinking but could, not escape from captain… half of the chicken was cooked with loads of Coriander leaves it was dry and used as starter… seriously mouth watering… we were discussing loads of things over drink… Captain got little drunk so we asked the care taker to serve dinner.. it was rice chicken curry and salad…another fantastic chicken dish.. I was feeling I had enough chicken and took revenge :D

After dinner we were talking under the sky full of stars.. one sumo came and stopped there one young guy got down greeted us ‘Namaskar’ and asked for room.. care taker gave him a room.. He was Madan from Chennai another solo backpacker… another reason for me to be happy J

I just told Madan that I would discuss with him next day as it was getting very cold and also late ..

When I came to my room it was already 9.30 PM.. decided to retire.. as next day again had to struggle to reach Kibithoo…
Good update. At last you had chicken.