... to the heaven and back

sanuroxz

Super User
Day 16 : Parshuram Kund

Distance : 16 KM

Mode : Tata Magic

Time Taken : 1 hour

parshuram.jpg

As promised Soni arrived at 6 AM..i took some time to get ready in the mean time I kept her busy in playing subway surfer.. :p we had plans of roaming in wakro.. The caretaker asked about breakfast and I told after coming back from walk we would have it.. so we were on the road on our foot.. It was a great morning.. not much cold and the sun was so comfortable..

I had started loving wakro such a small place ,greenery all around.. We were roaming without any destination.. I spotted one Organic tea farm.. was little surprised to know about tea garden in that place.. but Soni as a great guide told her Basamlu didi … I did now know how she got idea to meet her… we walked to the tea estate on the way she was coming.. soni introduced.. and she was happy to meet me.. and she insisted to visit her home .. I kept her word but change the timing… I clearly noticed that she had lot of things to say to me.. Fine time must act on that …

Then we walked upto market ….Honestly there was something on my mind.. that was parshuram kund which was just 16 kms from Wakro.. Sadly there was no public or shared transport.. and the only vehicle from Namsai to Hayuliang via Wakro already left early in the morning L next search was for a motorbike.. but that also did not come up with any positive result..

map of Kamlang WS
IMG_5616.JPG

wakro Circuit House
IMG_5617.JPG

thanks soni for this picture
IMG_5618.JPG

soni's house
IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

My friend who was just opening his shop suggested that there used to be one guy who was having a Tata magic and asked me to enquiry from him.. so we walked to that guy’s house which was near the Circuit house.. and I spotted one red tata magic also his owner .. he was asking for 1200 but we settled in 800 after hard bargaining … so we decided to start around 10 am.. Soni was also eager to come with me..so we walked back to Circuit house.. while serving breakfast as puri an alu subji … The drunk son also showed interest in going to parshuram kund with me.. No problem for me at all.. the more the merrier… when I enquired about Payal she was not where in news.. so we were 3 and the driver would visit Parshuram kund..

We started at 10.30 carrying few water bottles as we had plans of having lunch in circuit house and the kind drunk guy arranged some chicken for lunch … Drunk guy was sitting on front ans Soni and myself in the middle comfortably.. The road was so bumpy.. and that to in tata magic we were jumping like anything.. That moment I was realizing why Wakro was said to be Valley of Oranges.. so many Orange trees all around and we decided while coming back we will visit those farm…

IMG_5626.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

busy mishmi man
IMG_5630.JPG

Road was just ok type.. not very good not bad for the entire stretch…we took only a single stop on our way that was for Soni to meet her friend Rani who happily joined us to visit Parshuram Kund..She was more energetic and talkative than Soni..and those old friends were so happy seeing each other… Finally we reached Parshuram kund ..first we headed to the temple… I doubt there is another temple for Parshuram in this nation.. Those kids did some puja in the temple while I was busy in clicking…

Parshuram temple
IMG_5631.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5655.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

Payal
IMG_5662.JPG

We then headed to the big bridge ..what a view… all around.. Lohit was so furious I had never expected.. It was super windy.. Not a single person was there at that moment but during Makar Sankranti there used to be more than a lac of hindu pilgrims .. Sadly there was not places to stay fork the nights either people used to come for a day trip with their booked vehicles or some people used to sleep in the temple itself in open… Hope Govt will listen to this soon…

Payal liked my cap so much and asked me for trying.. I could see the likings from her eyes.. and happily gifted her my cap and she was so happy for that J

Parashuram is the sixth avatar of Vishnu, son of Renuka and the saptarishi Jamadagni. He is one of the immortals and witnessed Mahabharat war during the end of Dwapar Yug. He received a blessed parashu (axe) after undertaking penance for thousands of years to please Shiva, who in turn taught him the martial arts, hence the name Parashuram.

Parashurama won over Kshatriyas for 21 times after the mighty King Kartavirya having thousands of arms killed his father. He was mentor to Bhishma, Karna and Dronacharya. Parashurama was able to save masses of land around Konkan, Malabar and Kerala from the wrath of advancing sea.

Lacs of pilgrims go to the kund in winter every year, especially on the Makar Sankranti day for a holy dip in the sacred kund to wash away sins. The history behind the belief recorded in the Kalika Purana, is that the great Sage Parashuram washed away his sins of killing warriors who killed his fater. Being Brahman, Parshuram cannot resort to using arms and ammunitions for fighting war so he had to wash off his sinful act of killing in the waters of Brahma kund. Parashurama played an important role in both the Ramayana and Mahabharata.

Parshuram had given the bow of Bhagwan Shiv to King Janak, father of Sita. Lifting of the same bow and knotting string to it was condition of theswayamvar. Prince and Kings from various places of Bharat came for the swayamvar to marry Sita. No one was able to move the powerful bow, only Bhagwan Ram was able to successfully lift the bow, but in trying to place string at one end, the bow broke into half and thunderous sound shook the place, which was even heard by Parashuram while he was meditating in Mahendra mountain range.

Later on, as per history of Ramayan, when Parashuram met Bhagwan Ram, he realized that Bhagwan Ram is also incarnation of Bhagwan Vishnu. Bhagwan Ram was 7th incarnation of Bhagwan Vishnu.

The waters of the kund are considered as sacred as the waters of the River Ganga. In the 18th century a sadhu re-established the site of Parashuram Kund. The sadhu who came through Chowkham, as the story goes, was driven out form his village as he was looked upon as a swindler. The villagers thereafter were afflicted with some unknown disease. Meanwhile the sadhu, had hidden himself in a cave around the kund away from the angry villagers. The villagers came in search of him and offered him fruits and flowers and asked forgiveness.

The current site of Parshuram Kund is slightly different in shape and size. The old site of the Parashuram Kund was in existence till 1950 but it completely changed due to massive earthquake that shook the whole of the North-East and the kund was completely covered. A very strong current is now flowing over the original site of the kund but massive boulders have in a mysterious way embedded themselves in a circular formation in the river bed thus forming another kund in place of the old. In a way, naturally resurrecting the kund for the Hindu pilgrims.

परशुरामगायत्रीमंत्र :
ॐजामदग्न्यायविद्महेमहावीरायधीमहि।तन्न: परशुराम: प्रचोदयात।
‘ॐरांरांॐरांरांॐपरशुहस्तायनम: ’इतिमूलमंत्र:।

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5686.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

Last edited:

sanuroxz

Super User
furious lohit.. i was wondering what will be view during rainy season :eek:

IMG_5703.JPG

IMG_5704.JPG

our Tata Magic
IMG_5705.JPG

happiest faces
IMG_5709.JPG

it was very windy
IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

We spent a good 2 hours there.. we should have brought packed lunch there.. a perfect place for picnic. I really wished to travel forward on that route towards Hayuliang.. High mountains and dense jungles were calling me dearly.. But we had to leave as the kids were hungry and the guy was thirsty ;)

On the way we decided to visit the orange farms after having lunch so without stopping anywhere we straight came to wakro.. The good thing was payal also joined us to wakro.. and she had plans of staying the night with soni and next day after seeing me off she would come back.. so we had plan for a bigger evening…

We reached wakro market and the drunk guy went like rocket to the wine shop to buy his bottle I had already paid for his bottle ;)

Finally we reached Circuit house … and immediately our food was served.. the best part was we three were eating in a single plate seating on ground.. awesome experience :p chicken was not at all cooked well..i did not take a single piece of chicken as all were with skin :eek: .. watery gravy was really disappointing … I gave the feedback to the drunk guy and he reported to his dad.. and apology was given also in return assurance for better dinner was given.,..

IMG_5714.JPG

When we finished lunch it was almost 3 PM .. we rushed to see the orange garden.. it was almost a km from the Circuit house.. but with good company it did not feel like walking a lot… There was jungle of oranges.. I was realizing why wakro was called Orange valley… as expected the oranges were sweet like anything.. Arunachal oranges are then best I can say proudly..

After spending an hour we decided to walk back to town as it was getting dark…

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

On our way we met Basamlu ,whom we met in the morning..she just reminded me that I had to come to her place next morning J I was honestly loving the company of these 2 kids.. both were cleanest from the heart.. we reached market place though I asked those girls for having some food but they denied politely as all were full due to late lunch..I enquired about the bus for the next day to Tinsukia.. No advance booking required..Relaxed as the bus would start from Wakro itself..so we decided to return back to Circuit house and start our discussion..

Thankfully electric supply was restored by then I immediately charged my mobile and camera..Payal was super talkative… she told one story how she escaped from snake bite by jumping into the mighty Lohit :D so many funny stories …so many emotional stories.. life is not so easy for those kids… the best part of them was they never thought about their future that’s why they were happy… lot of things I learnt from them.. we chatted till the drunk guy invited for dinner.. It was veg meal with some delicious vegetables and the saag was the best J we enjoyed a lot…

It was time to say bye to Payal and Soni.. I was asking them to drop them at their house but they did not like the idea… I came to bed spoke to Partha da regarding next day’s plan.. he was happy that we would meet again after few weeks.. also enquired for my next plans so everything was looking fine.. I retired peacefully…

NEXT >

Last edited:

subhankar paul

And miles to go before I sleep
furious lohit.. i was wondering what will be view during rainy season :eek:

View attachment 665027

View attachment 665028
our Tata Magic
View attachment 665029
happiest faces
View attachment 665030
it was very windy
View attachment 665031

View attachment 665032

View attachment 665033
We spent a good 2 hours there.. we should have brought packed lunch there.. a perfect place for picnic. I really wished to travel forward on that route towards Hayuliang.. High mountains and dense jungles were calling me dearly.. But we had to leave as the kids were hungry and the guy was thirsty ;)

On the way we decided to visit the orange farms after having lunch so without stopping anywhere we straight came to wakro.. The good thing was payal also joined us to wakro.. and she had plans of staying the night with soni and next day after seeing me off she would come back.. so we had plan for a bigger evening…

We reached wakro market and the drunk guy went like rocket to the wine shop to buy his bottle I had already paid for his bottle ;)

Finally we reached Circuit house … and immediately our food was served.. the best part was we three were eating in a single plate seating on ground.. awesome experience :p chicken was not at all cooked well..i did not take a single piece of chicken as all were with skin :eek: .. watery gravy was really disappointing … I gave the feedback to the drunk guy and he reported to his dad.. and apology was given also in return assurance for better dinner was given.,..

View attachment 665034
When we finished lunch it was almost 3 PM .. we rushed to see the orange garden.. it was almost a km from the Circuit house.. but with good company it did not feel like walking a lot… There was jungle of oranges.. I was realizing why wakro was called Orange valley… as expected the oranges were sweet like anything.. Arunachal oranges are then best I can say proudly..

After spending an hour we decided to walk back to town as it was getting dark…

View attachment 665035

View attachment 665036

View attachment 665037

View attachment 665038

On our way we met Basamlu ,whom we met in the morning..she just reminded me that I had to come to her place next morning J I was honestly loving the company of these 2 kids.. both were cleanest from the heart.. we reached market place though I asked those girls for having some food but they denied politely as all were full due to late lunch..I enquired about the bus for the next day to Tinsukia.. No advance booking required..Relaxed as the bus would start from Wakro itself..so we decided to return back to Circuit house and start our discussion..

Thankfully electric supply was restored by then I immediately charged my mobile and camera..Payal was super talkative… she told one story how she escaped from snake bite by jumping into the mighty Lohit :D so many funny stories …so many emotional stories.. life is not so easy for those kids… the best part of them was they never thought about their future that’s why they were happy… lot of things I learnt from them.. we chatted till the drunk guy invited for dinner.. It was veg meal with some delicious vegetables and the saag was the best J we enjoyed a lot…

It was time to say bye to Payal and Soni.. I was asking them to drop them at their house but they did not like the idea… I came to bed spoke to Partha da regarding next day’s plan.. he was happy that we would meet again after few weeks.. also enquired for my next plans so everything was looking fine.. I retired peacefully…
Thanks for the delayed but lovely update.
A different citrous fruit. Grown in Nagaland.
20151208_113616.jpg

》»»»»»Great !««««《
》»»»»»Great !««««《
》»»»»»Great !««««《
》»»»»»Great !««««《
》»»»»»Great !««««《

Wonderful update. But where is Parshuram's kund ?
Parshuram Kund is in Arunachal Pradesh near Wakro !

Parshuram Kund is a Hindu pilgrimage centre situated on the Brahmaputra plateau in the lower reaches of the Lohit River and 21 km north of Tezu in Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh. Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parshuram_Kund

Parshuram Kundis a Hindu pilgrimage centre situated on theBrahmaputraplateau in the lower reaches of theLohit Riverand 21 km north ofTezuinLohit districtofArunachal Pradesh. Dedicated to sageParshuram, the popular site attracts pilgrims fromNepal, from across India, and from nearby states ofManipurandAssam. Over 70,000 devotees andsadhustake holy dip its water each year on the occasion ofMakar Sankranti, in the month of January.[1][2]

Location on Map:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Parshuram+Kund/@27.8763541,96.3603355,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xcb3d15a6e089100e

sanuroxz

Super User

Parshuram Kund is in Arunachal Pradesh near Wakro !

Parshuram Kund is a Hindu pilgrimage centre situated on the Brahmaputra plateau in the lower reaches of the Lohit River and 21 km north of Tezu in Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh. Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parshuram_Kund

Parshuram Kundis a Hindu pilgrimage centre situated on theBrahmaputraplateau in the lower reaches of theLohit Riverand 21 km north ofTezuinLohit districtofArunachal Pradesh. Dedicated to sageParshuram, the popular site attracts pilgrims fromNepal, from across India, and from nearby states ofManipurandAssam. Over 70,000 devotees andsadhustake holy dip its water each year on the occasion ofMakar Sankranti, in the month of January.[1][2]

Location on Map:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Parshuram+Kund/@27.8763541,96.3603355,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xcb3d15a6e089100e

21 km from Tezu ?? :eek:
I would have walked ;)