Todays song.

adsatinder

explorer
Jugni Ji

Meaning of Jugni: The word literally means 'Female Firefly', in folk music it stands in for the poet-writer who uses Jugni as an innocent observer to make incisive, often humorous, sometimes sad but always touching observations. In spiritual poetry Jugni means the spirit of life, or essence of life.

Translation:
Jugni Ji x4 Ae way allah waliyan di jugni ji x2 The spirit of all the messengers who brought His message to this Earth Ae way navey pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of a new saint Ae way maula ali wali jugni ji x2 The spirit of Ali and his followers Ae way meray pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of my saint

Know she a talking about, jugni ji Just trying to enthuse about your, jugni ji The reason why you lose, you got no jugni ji So step into my shoes and feel the jugni ji Some people they don’t educate the jugni ji Try to alleviate you of the jugni je What will elevate you is the jugni ji Just kick back and meditate and feel the jugni ji

Jugni taar khaeein vich thaal O my creation, share whatever you have Chad duniya dey janjaal Remove yourself from worldly concerns Jugni taar khaeein vich thaal O my creation, share whatever you have Chad duniya dey janjaal Remove yourself from worldly concerns Kuch ni nibna bandiya naal There is nothing that you can get from other human beings that you can take to the after-life Rakhi saabat sidh amaal Just keep you actions and intentions pure

Woh pir meraya jugni ji I have the spirit of my guide Ae way allah waliyan di jugni ji The spirit of all the messengers who brought His message to this Earth Ae way navey pir di jugni ji x2

The spirit of a new saint Ae way maula ali wali jugni ji x2 The spirit of Ali and his followers Ae way meray pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of my saint Dum gutkoon, dum gutkoon, dum gutkoon, dum gootkun, dum gutkoon, dum gutkoon, dum gutkoon, gutkoon, gutkoon Everytime I think of you God, my heart flutters x8/9 (gutkoon being the flutter part)

Ain’t too much of me inside you jugni ji Ever since you feel you fight your jugni ji Who would you really be without your jugni ji What would you even see without your jugni ji The reasons why your eyes is cos of jugni ji Always to the sky because of jugni ji Just take a look into my eyes and you’ll see jugni ji You need to recognise that I got jugni ji Jugni dig payee vich roi So absorbed was the creation that she stumbled into a ditch Othay ro ro kamli hoi There she wailed relentlessly

Jugni dig payee vich roi So absorbed was the creation that she stumbled into a ditch Othay ro ro kamli hoi There she wailed relentlessly Oddi vaath naye lainda koi But there was no one who enquired about her Tey kalmay binna nai mildi toi Remember, there is no salvation for anyone without remembering your creator Hoa pir meraya jugni ji I have the spirit of my guide Ae way allah waliyan di jugni ji

The spirit of all the messengers who brought His message to this Earth Ae way navey pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of my saint Ae way maula ali wali jugni ji x2 The spirit of Ali and his followers Ae way meray pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of my saint

Wanga charha lo kuriyon Put on your bangles, girls Ho wanga charha lo kuriyon Put on your bangles, girls Wanga charha lo kuriyon Put on your bangles, girls Meray daata dey darbaar dian Those that you get at your Master’s shrines Wanga charha lo kuriyon Put on your bangles, girls Meray daata dey darbaar dian Those that you get at your Master’s shrines Ae way allah waliyan di jugni ji x2 The spirit of all the messengers who brought His message to this Earth Ae way navey pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of my saint Ae way maula ali wali jugni ji x2 The spirit of Ali and his followers Ae way meray pir di jugni ji x2 The spirit of my saint

Last edited:

cat

Senior Billi

Our 'Good Morning from ...' Guest Mix series will explore different artists from all around the world as they take us on a journey with their distinct and unique sounds that they'll showcase to represent their taste, surroundings and upbringing.

This week we venture to the sprawling city of Pune in Western India, filled with all kinds of sounds and colours in every corner you look. Our next Guest Mix Artist has beautifully curated our next journey, where we explore the mystical and enchanting sound of Kośa's hometown... Good Morning from Pune

https://soundcloud.com/everythingwillbeok1%2Fkosa-good-morning-from-pune