ToyCar joins family -- Tata Tiago XZA ( Petrol, with AMT)

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
^
It has covered over 1800 KMs. I took the initial precautions till 1000-1200 KMs, and then started pushing it up till 1500-1600 KMs.
I'm still driving it sanely at max speeds of 80-90, and occasional bursts of about 120kmph. 150 was done only once (after 1800KMs on odo) just for the heck of it! Second service is still a bit away, after which it'll be thrashed my way! :grin:

Noida-Gr.Noida Expressway is smooth enough to go way beyond 150, given the traffic conditions are in your favour.
And it doesn't take ages in any car these days to reach very high speeds.

deepam

Super User
Yesterday, I helped my neighbor park her Tiago petrol car as she got stuck in an awkward position and was struggling to get out of it!
Boy .. TATA has really got the car right. Steering. Clutch and Gear shifting is ages ahead of what I have seen in VISTA [Vista was leap ahead of Indica / Indigo family].

I feel Tiago is much superior product when compared to Alto, Celerio and Renault Kwid.

Last edited:

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Drove the ToyCar Tiago XZA/AMT on highway this weekend. In sports mode, earlier it was upshifting at about 3500 RPMs, but after the recent service and tuneup, it's holding it till 4500+ RPMs. In manual mode too, it feels slightly more powerful and eager to leap ahead.

Although it's much more fun now :grin:, but I am worried a bit. Will get it checked in upcoming second service.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Drove the ToyCar Tiago XZA/AMT on highway this weekend. In sports mode, earlier it was upshifting at about 3500 RPMs, but after the recent service and tuneup, it's holding it till 4500+ RPMs. In manual mode too, it feels slightly more powerful and eager to leap ahead.

Although it's much more fun now :grin:, but I am worried a bit. Will get it checked in upcoming second service.
4500? :eek: Where does it redline?

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
4500? :eek: Where does it redline?
There is no redline in the speedo! It's a petrol fed car... ;)
I guess it can easily go till 6K RPM. The manual says that when engine is accelarated beyond safe 'RPM', the tachometer pointer (the needle) turns RED. Yet to to see it happen. :D

My old WagonR easily goes till 6K RPM and slight more. It has redline at 7K I think.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Thrashed Tiago AMT in Sports Mode. It upshifted from 1st to 2nd at 4.5K RPM and reached 6K RPM in 2 gear to hit 80-85KMPH, before shifting to 3rd gear. It managed to hit 110+ KMPH in 3rd gear and shifted up again to 4th. Couldnot read the tachometer.

Reactions: IJS

deepam

Super User
Sachin,
I am told in Tiago AMT the Drive mode lever [D, R, N] gives a jerky feeling while driving. Have you experienced it?
For one of my Super Senior Citizen neighbour I am recommending Tiago AMT. Do you think it would be better over Wagon R AMT? Do Share your thoughts.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@deepam :
AMT does give the similar "jerks" as in case of a MT. If you are not a newbie, you'll notice the gear changes.

For a normal sober driving style, it works brilliantly. Not much of a botheration.
While driving it aggressively, gear changes feels a bit slower than MT.
Also, the shift from 1st to Reverse, and vice versa is much slower than usual. It irritates me a bit, and not to my wife.

AMT or not, WagonR 1.0 is way behind the feature and comfort levels of a Tiago. More so in their respective AMT variants.
Being heavier, Tiago sticks to road in a much more confidence-inspiring manner. Body roll is there in Tiago, but that's very much contained and won't make you sweat or raise an eyebrow!

Although Tiago is quite wider than WagonR which results in more cabin space; WagonR wins handsdown in rear legspace.

Product quality has improved a lot, but Tata's service is still a hit or miss.
Do suggest him to opt for the Gold AMC and Extended Warranty for a peaceful ownership experience.

deepam

Super User
@deepam :
AMT does give the similar "jerks" as in case of a MT. If you are not a newbie, you'll notice the gear changes.

For a normal sober driving style, it works brilliantly. Not much of a botheration.
While driving it aggressively, gear changes feels a bit slower than MT.
Also, the shift from 1st to Reverse, and vice versa is much slower than usual. It irritates me a bit, and not to my wife.

AMT or not, WagonR 1.0 is way behind the feature and comfort levels of a Tiago. More so in their respective AMT variants.
Being heavier, Tiago sticks to road in a much more confidence-inspiring manner. Body roll is there in Tiago, but that's very much contained and won't make you sweat or raise an eyebrow!

Although Tiago is quite wider than WagonR which results in more cabin space; WagonR wins handsdown in rear legspace.

Product quality has improved a lot, but Tata's service is still a hit or miss.
Do suggest him to opt for the Gold AMC and Extended Warranty for a peaceful ownership experience.
++++++++
Thanks for the inputs, I shall inform him.
I heard Tata is improving in After sales. Let us hope for the best.