Transportation of Old Bike as Parcel/Luggage frm Bhopal to Delhi

Rahul raj

Hi Guys I need your help. I am planning to take my bike pulsar 150 classic to delhi. I checked the process to take the bike as parcel/ luggage. But my question is..My bike is almost 15 year old with renewed registration for 5 years (2022). I have only third party insurance. Will it be taken as insurance document for transporation of my bike or do I need theft insurance? The insurance agent has denied and said only TPI is possible?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You can't legally ride a motorcycle that is over 15 years in NCR. In case you get caught, the bike would be impounded. So please keep this in mind while bringing it here.

As for the original question, yes, it should be fine for the railways.

Rahul raj

Thanks Yogesh, you are right, I thought about it, but I still watch people riding vehicle older than 15 years in Delhi. Can we escape? when get caught by giving them bribe Or are they strictly following new rules. Actually, my bike is in top notch condition, I have been to different places in India and could not get it along, the bike was standing idle in my home town for last 8 years. I have a few obligations in running, avoiding buying a new bike...moreover, I don't have any permanent address proof in Delhi so I can't buy a new one. I don't know what to do now?

Dry Ice

Thanks Yogesh, you are right, I thought about it, but I still watch people riding vehicle older than 15 years in Delhi. Can we escape? when get caught by giving them bribe Or are they strictly following new rules. Actually, my bike is in top notch condition, I have been to different places in India and could not get it along, the bike was standing idle in my home town for last 8 years. I have a few obligations in running, avoiding buying a new bike...moreover, I don't have any permanent address proof in Delhi so I can't buy a new one. I don't know what to do now?
We can't be endorsing illegal things on the forum bro. :)

Banking on "bribe" to get you off the hook is not the right thing to do. If the traffic police catch you, and don't give in to the bribe, your arguments of "others are doing it too" will not fly. Please be a responsible citizen and maybe get a used bike here if you don't want to get a new one.