Travel Help Needed : Dehradun to Pune on Wheels

technomedic

Technomedic
Hey guys, hitting back to roads after very very long time for a solo travel again. However this time its a very long route, with a different vehicle and different fuel (from my previous travels) and plan to cover almost half way of India from Himachal to Maharashtra. I am writing this post to gather information on certain points and tips which are always on back of our mind before we plan any road trip.

Solo Traveller
Vehicle Sedan
Registeration UK07
Fuel Diesel

Plan in first week of OCTOBER

Info I wish to gather:
1. Best and Safest Route
2. How to divide the time ( I wish to cover entire distance in three days time, is ti possible to cover it in two)
3. Safety Tips
4. Any information regarding Speed Limits on routes?
5. Any specific Road Rules in Rajasthan or Gujrat or Maharashtra
6. Any personal contact or any BCMT Member who wish to share there contact on the route in case of emergency (please DM me)

So lets roll...

Starting Point: Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Destination: Pune, Maharashtra.

Route Options:
1. Dehradun > Jaipur >Ratlam > Indore > Dhule > Nashik > Pune

2. Dehradun > Kurukshetra > Hissar > Churu > Makrana > Ajmer > Udaipur > Godhra > Vadodara
> Bharuch > Valsad > Vapi > Mumbai > Pune

3. Dehradun > Delhi > Jaipur > Kota > Ratlam > Ghatabillo d > Manpur> Gujri > Dhamnod > Thikri > Dhule > manmad > Chandwad > Pune

4. Dehradun > Kurukshetra > hissar > Churu > Merta > Pali > Ahemadabad > Vadodara > Surat > Mumbai > Pune ( Default Route suggested by GOOGLE MAPS)

So will be awaiting for Suggestions of all of you for best and safest route to start with and with Road Status.

Attachments

technomedic

Technomedic
@Highway Apostle You made a longer trip sir, gone through your travelogue. Noted your route, Your suggestions !! and travel tips.

You made a note of telling about issues with vehicle, i could,nt find it anywhere, if you can share me link for the same.
what all preparations you did for the trip.

technomedic

Technomedic
I would prefer route 1 with a night halt at Jaipur and Dhule reaching Pune on 3rd day. Doing this in 2 day would be difficult because of heavy traffic between Delhi-Jaipur and Nasik-Pune.
Noted any other suggestions?

Why specifically this route?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

technomedic

Technomedic
Chandigarh to Gujrat road is good. In Gujrat NH48 road in under construction you will face diversion everywhere.
Gujrat to Maharashtra road in under construction. Be careful on that road. Once you enter in Maharashtra road is good.
Can you tel me that in gujrat which all stretches are under construction?? I mean between which cities

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
Check this for some detail: