Travel Help Needed : Dehradun to Pune on Wheels

deepam

Super User
A discussion is going on today:

Question:
I have to do Delhi to Ahmedabad in 2nd week Dec, So was just checking routes, and Google Maps suggests this route. How is this route, has it been developed into a 4 lane divided road ? Plan to do a night halt at Ajmer, which has army units.

Answered by Expert:

4 laned from beawar to ADI, till beawar 6 laned. You will encounter traffic after Palanpur, beware of unmarked speed breakers once you enter GUJ. Rest all is butter smooth.

Question:

What are alternative Routes for fast and safe move ?

Answer:
*Alternatives*

via Beawar-Bali-Rajasmand-Udaipur-Shamlaji-Ahmedabad

or via
Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Chittor--Udaipur-Shamlaji

or via
Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Rajsamand-Udaipur-Shamlaji

After having tried all the routes, the fastest I find is via Beawar-Bali-Udaipur-Shamlaji-Ahmedabad. This is a part of Del-Mum route, which i take 4 times a year.

Questioner:
So this is what you suggest for fastest, and you do it multiple times.

Answer:
no, beawar-rajasmand-Udaipur is the old NH-8.

Question:

is this the fastest ? have corrected it :

so basically they have made the old highway from Ajmer to Udaipur into a 4 laned divided highway...

Answer:

yes sir, but please be aware:

* this involves driving on 2 laned undivided road for about 100 kms between Beawar and Rajasmand.

* This route is very scenic though, passes through couple of towns.

* Udaipur-Shamlaji stretch is under construction for 6 Laning from current 4 lanes. Quite a few diversions but well marked.

Even after all this, the stretch has been the fastest and the shortest (by kms).
If you want to drive on smooth roads, which is a bit longer, please take Palanpur-Sirohi route.

option 2 and 3 are 4-laned divided highway throughout.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If one is reaching Ahmedabad via Jaipur, avoid the Udaipur route. The road expansion from 4 to 6 lane is going in full swing and there are lots of diversions.
So it is better to travel via Pali - Abu Road - Ahmedabad.
I have traveled this month in Air suspension bus on both routes. Ahmedabad to Jaipur via Udaipur on most stretch has lot of diversions & it was unpleasant experience.
I had asked our bus driver he mentioned that Jaipur to Ahmedabad via Udaipur is 700 km and via Jodhpur is 750 km [I believe one need not till Jodhpur and take a shortcut to Pali.
Jaipur to Ahmedabad

I found the Western side of Rajasthan to have lesser traffic and one can get better average speed.

technomedic

Technomedic
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If one is reaching Ahmedabad via Jaipur, avoid the Udaipur route. The road expansion from 4 to 6 lane is going in full swing and there are lots of diversions.
So it is better to travel via Pali - Abu Road - Ahmedabad.
I have traveled this month in Air suspension bus on both routes. Ahmedabad to Jaipur via Udaipur on most stretch has lot of diversions & it was unpleasant experience.
I had asked our bus driver he mentioned that Jaipur to Ahmedabad via Udaipur is 700 km and via Jodhpur is 750 km [I believe one need not till Jodhpur and take a shortcut to Pali.
Jaipur to Ahmedabad

I found the Western side of Rajasthan to have lesser traffic and one can get better average speed.
You can go via ajmer udaipur >Ahmedabad but stretch between Gujrat border to Ahmedabad is fare small pots at every km. Keeps u slow though speed limit is 80, fare enough if u wana fly on NE1 ;) ahead

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk