Travelogue of the Year and Best Travelogues of 2013

mithun123

Congrats winner, and congratulation to me as well, 4 out of 5 logs I have nominated are in the best travelogue selection. And the one got rejected was due to incomplete status of the log - Iceland. Though I could not nominate few of the TLS due the the restriction on number of travelogue one can nominate, however , feeling very very happy for Harsh's international blog, Tanveers Norway blog, Iran blog - and very very happy that Gunin's blog on Mechuka. All these logs are so close to my heart. And this list also motivate me to complete my blogs(All the three TL's in bcmt are incomplete, I start writting it , and in the mid way I start preparing for my next trip. And many of my travel , I dont write it at all. Would surely try to complete all my future TLs ) . I would had liked to see Amit's blog on Kashmir here as well. Yogesh, just a thought , cant we feature these wonderful logs, irrespective of whether its been written by a mod or not. Just a thought.

Congrats once again to everyone.

hiambuj

Staff member
I would had liked to see Amit's blog on Kashmir here as well. Yogesh, just a thought , cant we feature these wonderful logs, irrespective of whether its been written by a mod or not. Just a thought.
You are my best friend, from today. :grin: :twisted:
My Kashmir log was in 2012. 2013's log was Zanskar & Changthang. :)

mithun123

Thank you Amit.

My Kashmir log was in 2012. 2013's log was Zanskar & Changthang. :)
Kashmir in Monsoon is so evergreen , it still feels like just a few days back. :D Kashmir is a typo though. Actually I was going through both of your Kashmir TLs yesterday, and in subconsciousness instead of writing Zansakar , wrote it as Kashmir. Though both Zansakar , Changthang and Kashmir lies in the same state. :grin:

kshil

Amit and Kashmir is so inseparable, this mistake is normal Mithun :grin:

At any day Amit's Zanskar/Ladakh log would figure in the list of top honours. My suggestion is don't bar them from nomination round and if some specific log from someone of Mod team gets quite a few likings / nominations, let that figure it in Special Mention List. Finally all these are for we readers who love travels and travelogues and we shouldn't miss anything good because of someone from Mod team writes it:D

I know regulars in BCMT would never miss anything from someone like Harsh/Tanveer/Masterji or Amit even if they write something in Bakar Channel but sometimes who are relatively new or may be irregular takes this top logs list to do a crash course, they might really miss this great log.

Once again congratulation to all who cared to share their experience with all of us.

hiambuj

Staff member
Yogesh's winter Ladakh trip, which opened new avenues, missed the mention.
Anup Sir's NE extravaganza was by far the most exhaustive coverage of NE.

We can have "from the Mods desk", like we have editorials. :p :twisted: