Treat myself with a long drive for my birthday - Coorg drive

arambam

Travel to explore
From past 7 years I have been cancelling the trip to Coorg, whenever I planned this trip from Mumbai, something or other turn up and I had to cancelled the trip. Now that I have shifted to Bangalore, this trip was in mind from long time but never planned as I want to make it successful this time.

The occasion was my Birthday, The day before my birthday I was chatting with my wify on whatsApp, we were discussing about where to do etc. I suggested her that lets not waste money on some fancy dinner, instead we should go for a drive somewhere. She asked me where would I like to go, I told her that we can go to any place in the radius of 200 km. The opportunity was perfect, it was a friday and the next two days is off. I quickly scan MMT and Goibibo websites for a good hotels nearby tourist spots.

Somehow my focus is shifted to Coorg, to my good luck I got a good deal at Parampara Resort and Spa, Kushalnagar through Goibibo. I immediately inform my wife about the finding and she gave me the go ahead and I booked the resort and ask wify to packed as we are leaving for the trip in next 2 hours.

I left office around 1 pm and plan to leave for the trip around 2pm from home..........

IMG_20190412_182533.jpg

IMG_20190414_112752_1.jpg

IMG_20190413_112917_edit.jpg

IMG_20190413_115251_edit.jpg

Last edited:

arambam

Travel to explore
I stay very near to office so reached home in 15 minute and start packing, during this time my daughter was in her Summer camp. We surprise her by picking her from the Summer camp and drove straight to the HP petrol pump near to my house to fill the tank full. After this we stop at a shop to buy water bottles for the journey and some snacks as we have a kid travelling with us.

oute.PNG

The route to the resort......................

This time of the day is best to drive and move out of the city as there was almost zero traffic movement at the NICE ring road and exit NICE ring road and drove towards Mysore. We haven't had our lunch so we drove in to the drive through of Mc Donalds and packed some burger and fries and continue our journey. The drive was very smooth with very less traffic, the resort was not difficult to find, we reached the resort by 7:30 pm. The check in process was very smooth, we were ask to drive our car inside the resort and park in front of our room. This was the best part of the deal where you do not have the tension of your car.
IMG_20190412_203820_edit.jpg

Resting after a winning performance on the road
IMG_20190412_201237.jpg

She is tired and hungry but still managed to keep a smile on face, the dinner starts at 8:30pm, so waiting...........good part is that dinner is part of the package.
IMG_20190412_205545.jpg

Finally...............what a relieve :-D:-D:-D

IMG_20190412_213418.jpg

Relaxing after a nice and heavy dinner..........

About the resort, the resort is located at a very peaceful place. It is a big resort and very clean surrounded by greenery
everywhere. The rooms are very clean and it has most of the facilities as a resort should have. The pool is little crowded during the weekends as the resort was fully occupied. The resort also lies in a location where the attractions are about 10 - 15 km radius in Kushalnagar.
IMG_20190413_100135.jpg

IMG_20190413_100144.jpg

IMG_20190413_100220.jpg

IMG_20190413_100234.jpg

IMG_20190413_100948.jpg

We were tired so slept after the dinner........................

Last edited:

arambam

Travel to explore
The next day was planned to spend in leisure with no hurry to wake up in the morning as usual due to office hours. We woke up late and went for the breakfast at the restaurant. The breakfast spread was not much but a decent one. After breakfast I spend sometime playing chess with my daughter, but it was boring for both of us so we decided to go for to the deer (Nisargadhama Deer Park) and set the map in google navigator but as usual google performed very bad. It took us to some backwater which was very isolated, on the way we also met a couple in a car who ware also guided by google :-D. We spoke and laugh out at the blunder. We came back where we came and the nearest place was the Monastery (Namdroling Monastery or Nyingmapa) which is situated at Golden temple road.
IMG_20190413_090431_edit.jpg

On the way to breakfast table..............
IMG_20190413_095720.jpg

You can do whatever you wanted once the stomach is full
IMG_20190413_114339.jpg

Entry to the Monastery...........

IMG_20190413_114607.jpg

The entry to the monastery was free of cost. During my long years of road travel, I have never gone inside a Monastery, All I do is admire the architecture from outside and let it pass but this time we decided to go inside and explore what is there inside. The best part about this place is that they have lots of parking spaces available at nominal fee.

The monastery was very clean and beautiful and peaceful with so many tourist lurking around. You have to deposit your shoes at the counter for going inside the main temple. The main temple was very peaceful with beautiful paintings / carving on the walls and ceilings. We just enjoyed sitting there in peace.........
IMG_20190413_115735.jpg

IMG_20190413_115609.jpg

IMG_20190413_115946.jpg

Since it was summer time, it was really hot outside and after we came out of the Monastery, we had good ice creams at the restaurants run by the Monks in the Monastery compound. After that we plan to drive towards Medikeri, the main tourist attraction of Coorg. While driving towards Medikeri we saw the entry point for Nisargadhama just after Hotel Fish Curry Rice (This is the place where we have decided to have lunch on return). The drive to Medikeri was about 34km from the golden temple road, After stuck in traffic at Kushal nagar for sometime we touch a beautiful highway with lots of hilly roads (Ghat road). The roads are beautifully maintained with lots of natural greenery around.

Tips for safe drive:

I am not a expert to give any tip but this is what I observe, beware of KSRTC buses and high end cars coming from opposite direction, have seem high end cars driving like crazy in both onward and return journey.

Last edited: