Trek to Everest Base Camp- Solo - Jan 2018

chander

Excellent log. Glad you did without guide or porter.

May I ask about your diet? What did you eat during your trek. Like Bfast/Dinner/Lunch or anything else. Did you carry anything to eat?
It was normal diet. On this trail food is not an issue and you can get from rice-dal,pizza, pasta, noodles,eggs, cheese with italian coffe at a cost.l Even at Gorakh shep/EBC , you have good choice. I had heavy breakfast includes Tebetian Bread, eggs,coffe, lunch of dal-rice/ noddles, dinner with rich in carbs like patato based dishes. I carried some homemade high energy sweets or Mithai (carbs+protein + sugar).

pops8906

Awesome write up, sorry if I missed anything but can you please tell the approximate cost of the trek. from Delhi and back.

chander

Awesome write up, sorry if I missed anything but can you please tell the approximate cost of the trek. from Delhi and back.
Detail cost in blog after Day7. Following are major cost and then number of days spend on track
-Flight to Kathmandu / or other transport - ( paid total ~INR Rs17K, 5K Delhi-Kathmandu , Kathmandu- Delhi 12K booked a day before travel , If planned better ~10K return)
- Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu -- Rs 13K . During Peak season Mar-May 18K.
- On trail , Per Day avg. ~INR 2000 for food ( break,Lunch, Dinner and stay ) , Water bottle Rs 100-300 extra.
- Permits- ~Rs4000

For me it costed ~INR 55K for 7 days, without potter/guide. Variable cost is number of days on trail. It does not include personal stuff for trekking,

chander

Beautifully written travelogue with amazing pictures.!!
Could you please share also the necessary gears needed for EBC trek.
From my prospective, must have -- Shoes with Good grip if taking this trip in winter then warm shoes (-20C), Cap, standard or warm trekking pants/shorts, warm jacket (winter down feather), Sleeping Bag (10 to -20C depending on season), Good warm gloves, face cover for cold or dust, trekking stick, backpack, medicine for headache,cold,fever,screpe bandage, basic first aid. Rain coat. Above is kind of must have but there is list of trekking gear check list but weight limit is 10kg at airline to pull and by Potter or self carrying. Most of the stuff is available on this trail if you happen to forget or not thought off.