Trimbakeshwar Jyotirling

karun0035

Hi All,

I will be visiting the Trimbakeshwar Jyotirling in this week by Train.

Date - 10-Oct-2019

Any recommendations to stay/food/travel etc. and words of suggestions/caution ? I will be having 1/2 day idle after the visit (before returning), please suggest any other nearby places of interest (worth visiting).

Thanks In Advance

[Update]
Detailed TL posted below ...

Last edited:

Basant Kumar

Try MTDC resort there. It is run by private company but still it is better place for accommodation there in Thribhkeshwar. The main temple is walking distance from the resort. The only concern is the restaurant present in the resort, it is an open one. The better option is to have food at restaurants near the temple site.

Hi All,

I will be visiting the Trimbakeshwar Jyotirling in this week by Train.

Date - 10-Oct-2019

Any recommendations to stay/food/travel etc. and words of suggestions/caution ? I will be having 1/2 day idle after the visit (before returning), please suggest any other nearby places of interest (worth visiting).

Thanks In Advance

karun0035

Prologue:
Visiting all the Jyotirlings was always on my wish list, but due to several reasons this was never or should I say yet to be achieved. However, one day while sitting with family and talking about misc. things, this topic came up and suddenly they (my family) expressed the interest to visit one of the Jyotirling (Trimbakeshwar). Since, some of our acquaintances has visited this holy site, and based on their feedback visiting this holy place seems to be easily doable.
The travelling bug inside me has bitten !!

Few days prior to the Trip:
Tried searching various options (by air and train), travelling by road is out of the question in this case!
Narrowed down my option to Train since travelling by air do not seem to be viable option.

Logged into IRCTC website and started searching for trains.

Note -
(Nearest rail head for Trimbakeshwar is Nashik Road (NK). From NK, Trimbakeshwar town is ~40 kms).

Man proposes, god disposes:
We planned to visit somewhere in September, and I’ve also booked the tickets. But, due to some reason, the trip was postponed, and I had to cancel the tickets.
Now, since we have the new dates (which can’t be changed), I booked the tickets on the said dates and got all tickets in the PQWL status. A little bit disheartening but somewhere I know that the tickets will be converted to CNF (Confirmed), since I thought these days are not so popular with the tourists and I may get the CNF tickets without any hassle. I was wrong!
One day, prior to the journey the tickets were moved very little and are still in PQWL status. I can’t board the train with all tickets being in PQWL and did not took the risk for boarding the train and then bargaining with the Ticket Inspector to get confirmed tickets.

As soon as the Tatkal window opened, I booked the tickets and got all CNF tickets. However, I have to shell out extra INR 400 for each passenger (in 3A). This called for extra few thousand rupees added to the total trip cost. As soon as I got the CNF tickets, I cancelled the previous tickets (which were still sitting in PQWL status).
But, I am happy that finally we are going.

Day of Journey:
All trains going to NK depart from NZM (Hazrat Nizammuddin). The good part is my home is only ~20 minutes away from it (East Delhi). I checked the DMRC app, and metro ride is of 6 minutes!
We arrived at the station 45 minutes before the train’s departure time (9:15 AM). My in-laws have already arrived in the train and were settling the luggage.

The train departed from NZM at its scheduled time. The train journey is going to be long one (~ 22 hours). The train will be arriving NK at 5:!5 AM next day.

The joy with which we started the journey vanished after 3 hours. After eating the breakfast (prepared at home), we chatted for a while and crashed on our respective berths. The train was steadily moving forward.

Some pictures captured en-route.

IMG_4699.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

(to be continued ....)

Gaurav Tomar

Prologue:
Visiting all the Jyotirlings was always on my wish list, but due to several reasons this was never or should I say yet to be achieved. However, one day while sitting with family and talking about misc. things, this topic came up and suddenly they (my family) expressed the interest to visit one of the Jyotirling (Trimbakeshwar). Since, some of our acquaintances has visited this holy site, and based on their feedback visiting this holy place seems to be easily doable.
The travelling bug inside me has bitten !!

Few days prior to the Trip:
Tried searching various options (by air and train), travelling by road is out of the question in this case!
Narrowed down my option to Train since travelling by air do not seem to be viable option.

Logged into IRCTC website and started searching for trains.

Note -
(Nearest rail head for Trimbakeshwar is Nashik Road (NK). From NK, Trimbakeshwar town is ~40 kms).

Man proposes, god disposes:
We planned to visit somewhere in September, and I’ve also booked the tickets. But, due to some reason, the trip was postponed, and I had to cancel the tickets.
Now, since we have the new dates (which can’t be changed), I booked the tickets on the said dates and got all tickets in the PQWL status. A little bit disheartening but somewhere I know that the tickets will be converted to CNF (Confirmed), since I thought these days are not so popular with the tourists and I may get the CNF tickets without any hassle. I was wrong!
One day, prior to the journey the tickets were moved very little and are still in PQWL status. I can’t board the train with all tickets being in PQWL and did not took the risk for boarding the train and then bargaining with the Ticket Inspector to get confirmed tickets.

As soon as the Tatkal window opened, I booked the tickets and got all CNF tickets. However, I have to shell out extra INR 400 for each passenger (in 3A). This called for extra few thousand rupees added to the total trip cost. As soon as I got the CNF tickets, I cancelled the previous tickets (which were still sitting in PQWL status).
But, I am happy that finally we are going.

Day of Journey:
All trains going to NK depart from NZM (Hazrat Nizammuddin). The good part is my home is only ~20 minutes away from it (East Delhi). I checked the DMRC app, and metro ride is of 6 minutes!
We arrived at the station 45 minutes before the train’s departure time (9:15 AM). My in-laws have already arrived in the train and were settling the luggage.

The train departed from NZM at its scheduled time. The train journey is going to be long one (~ 22 hours). The train will be arriving NK at 5:!5 AM next day.

The joy with which we started the journey vanished after 3 hours. After eating the breakfast (prepared at home), we chatted for a while and crashed on our respective berths. The train was steadily moving forward.

Some pictures captured en-route.

View attachment 774641

View attachment 774642

View attachment 774643

(to be continued ....)
Fantastic, how many Jyotirlings you have visited so far?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

karun0035

Day 1:

The next task was to select the travel mode to reach Trimbak town from railway station. The Trimbak town is located ~45 kms from NK. OLA and UBER were charging INR 1000 with 15 minutes of wait time. No cab was visible on the App, so the wait time could be longer. Hence decided to take a kaali-peeli taxi charging INR 800. With some bargain, the deal was settled at INR 700.

Now, we are off to Trimbakeshwar.

Random picture taken en-route.

(Brahmagiri mountain range):
DSC08150.JPG

We reached Trimbakeshwar after an hour.

DSC08154.JPG

The market is taking shape .... slowly

DSC08155.JPG

After resting for a while at our accommodation. We went to Kushawrat Kund.

(It is considered holy for anyone to bath in the Kushawrat Kund and then to visit the Trimabakeshwar Jyotirling).

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

The holy Kushawrat Kund:

IMG_4807.JPG

After spending some time, now its time for some brunch and a nice place to stay.

The place where we went initially was not comfortable (even though referenced by our relative), so I was looking for a nice and safe place to stay.
(Before taking this journey, I've read a lot about Shri Gajanan Vatika which offers economical rooms and safer place for stay with family. But, I was unaware of the tariff and booking procedure. Other male members of my group were
adamant on staying near Kushawrat Kund only. But, me too was adamant on staying at Gajanan Vatika. I called up the place, after searching from Google and confirmed the booking.)

Once we reach there, we were amazed by the entire complex and the calm atmosphere of the property. The room tariff was very very economical. We were charged for INR 450 for 5 members for one night stay.

Some pictures of the property:

DSC08359.JPG

DSC08183.JPG

DSC08160.JPG

I will be posting a detailed review of the property by the end of this travelogue.

Once we are inside the room, we rested for few hours as we are already tired second we've decided to visit the Trimabakeshwar Jyotirling temple at the time of evening aarti. So, there is nothing much left to do except sleeping !! :)

Last edited: