TRIP OF 2007 Mt. ABU

FIRST RIDE IN 2007

Destination : Mt. Abu – The only hill station of Rajasthan.

ABOUT Mt. ABU : The only hill resort of Rajasthan. Mount Abu is not only rated among the best hill stations of the country but is also an important Rajput & Jain Pilgrim centre. The town forms an amphitheatre around nakki Lake, which is believed to be dug out by the Gods with their nails (Nakhun). The Dilwara Jain temples built between 11th & 13th centuries are the major attractions of mt. Abu. There are other lot temples and the famous Brahma Kumari’s World spiritual University in Abu.

I had decided way back that my first ride in 2007 be done in month of January only, as by just taking 1 day leave I was getting 3 days to ride. I decided either to go to Una if there will be people from Delhi or to Mt. Abu if I am alone. So it got decided for Abu.

Day – I - 26/1/07 Jaipur to Mt. Abu

The trip started at 0945 hrs from my house. After packing up the stuff I left for the petrol pump and got the tank filled. METER READING was 11957 from my house. Came on that beautiful Jaipur – Kishengarh highway, where it is drive and drive fast only. Was able to hit the speed of 110 only twice. After Kishengarh towards Ajmer it was just 2 lane road and by taking the Ajmer by pass reached at Beawer where I stopped for lunch, as after Beawer there are no good Dhabas I stopped here for almost 45 mts. Started back at 1330 hrs and after crossing Barr – the diversion for Jodhpur & Pali. I took the route to Pali. Traffic as usual was heavy and this is a 2 lane road. There are lot of cement factories in this area and so there are lot of Trolla’s. After crossing Sojat ( a city famous for Mehndi & Kali - CHUNA) I reached Pali at 1550 hrs and felt the urge of having water and smoke. So stopped here for 15 mts. Started off again towards Sirohi a sad thing – there is a traffic Jam. Now what had happened that there was an accident and the police was removing the Trucks with help of Crane. Spent the time just by smoking four cigs. The traffic restarted after 50 mts. And hell the line of truck was for almost 6 kms on the right side which meant it took me more then an hour to overtake the traffic in my side. Finally reached Sirohi at 1810 hrs. and could feel that very soon it is going to be dark. I usually do not prefer riding in nights if I am alone, but was left with no option and had to cover 69 kms in the night. The worst part was that I could not enjoy the mountains as it was pitch black. Reached the guest house at 2040 hrs. Had two pegs went for dinner - came back and started snoring. Odometer reading - 12473

Total time taken : around 11 hrs.

Total KMS covered 513 kms

Stops : 04

DAY – II – 27/1/07 Mt. Abu and surroundings.

Got up early at 0530 hrs in the morning to see the Sun rise. As nothing happened till 0640 hrs. started getting fresh and was ready by 0800. The place I was staying was on a bit height and the entire view was lovely from here. You can see Nakki lake from here, but still I went to the lake and had my breakfast of Poha & coffee. Then from here I pushed off to Guru Shikhar – the highest peak (1722 mts) of Aravali range. It was a wonderful ride between the mountains. After some time I reached the spot from where you have to climb barefoot. On the top is a cave where the first Guru of Hindus – DATTATREY Maharaj had taken a Samadhi. After doing the darshan of the mandir I stayed there for a while and enjoyed the nature. The best part is that on one side is the valley and on the other side is the plains. There is an observatory & also situated is the Air Force station. From here I visited another place – Achalgarh, where there is a temple of Lord Shiv, and cave of Mahakali. From this place I started for Delwara temple (the history of which can be read on one of the photographs. Now this place is mind blowing, I have never seen such beautiful carving on marble before. This place took almost 2 hours. From here I decided to go to Abu Road so that I can enjoy the scenic view of the mountains in daylight as well as enjoy riding in the mountain terrain. Reached abu road and came back to Nakki Jheel. Had my lunch there and sat there to enjoy and pass the time by seeing people boating and also the Ducks (Rajhans) floating in the jheel. Then I started off to Anadra point which is also known as Honeymoon point. Actually Anadra is a village which can be seen from here. From here as the sun was starting to set – rushed to Sun set point and enjoyed the scene of setting Sun. Came back to the guest house saw India v/s W.I. match, went for dinner and then to sleep.

DAY – III - 28/1/07 Mt. ABU to JAIPUR

Got up at 0630 hrs in morning, did all the packing of stuff and started off for Jaipur at 0815 hrs. Took a stop in the middle on the valley to see the sunrise. After taking some pictures rushed off. Took first break for Petrol at Shivganj at BP ( this is the petrol pump of which I had one taken contract for its electrification). Second break came soon for I was feeling hungry. I had never had such a delicious Aloo Prantha in my life (as I was very hungry) so ate 2 of them. Crossed Pali – Sojat – Barr – Beawer – Ajmer and then took a stop at Dudu for some refreshment and Petrol. Reached home at 1610 hrs. ODOMETER READING 13092

Total time taken : around 8 hrs.

Total KMS covered 519 kms

Stops : 04

TOTAL KM COVERED 1137 KMS IN 3 DAYS

AMOUNT SPEND ON ON FUEL RS. 2075.00 ( approx 41 lts.)

OTHER EXPENSES RS. 283.00 (Food + entry tax in Abu), stay was complementary.

The photographes can be watched at

http://picasaweb.google.com/ssbms69/ABU

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Bhuwan good photos there, the honeymoon boats in Nakki Lake remind me of Shikaras in Dal Lake. Have heard this from people time and again that Mt. Abu is overrun by honeymoon couples and is a bit overcrowded, however in most of your photos it doesn’t seems to be the case, any pointers on this?

Thanks Yogesh. No there were lot of couples, but i never went there to click their photos and otherwise December is the most happening for honeymooner's. As such it is the most loved destination for Gujrati's, as it is the nearest place where they can enjoy drinks. I happen to see five Gujrati teenage boys making pegs of beer and that too in steel glasses. They had two pegs each and were drinking with Limca and were very happy. When I asked them they told this is their first time and now they want to keep coming to Abu for enjoying the Drinks. These Honeymoon boats are usually out during the dark.