Trip to Ladakh

Hi guys,

Need some guidance regarding my Leg trip possibly in the last week of Sept. I am on a very tight schedule and have max 10 days with me. Please guide if the below is possible:

Day 1: Delhi - Manali
Day 2: Manali - Sarchu
Day 3: Sarchu - Leh
Day 4: Leh, Acclamatize and get permits
Day 5: Leh - Khardung La - Leh
Day 6: Leh - Chang La - Pangong Tso
Day 7: Pangong Tso - Chang La - Leh
Day 8: Leh - Sarchu
Day 9: Sarchu - Manali
Day 10: Manali - Delhi

Can you please advise how I can include the following into this itinerary:

1. Nubra Valley
2. Tso Morori
3. Tso Kar

Also, is it possible to go via Srinagar considering the current situation there? I don't want to sightsee locally; I just wanna drive past.

Look forward to guidance from experts who have done this route.

Thanks

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
What would be your mode of transport?

How many kilometers does run on a full tank and how much spare fuel you are willing to carry?

Thanks Yogesh and apologies missed out on this information.

I will be driving my XUV500 4X2; tank capacity of 70 litres and normally returns atleast 12 kmpl on hill drives. Normally a full tank runs about 850 odd kms. I don't think I will need to carry spare fuel considering the tank size; am open to hear what you suggest! Thanks

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Day 1: Delhi to Manali.

Day 2: Manali to Jispa

Day 3: Jispa to Leh

Day 4: Rest and get the permit done.

Day 5: Leh to Nubra via Khardung La, first visit Sumur and Panamik, then head to Hunder for nightstay.

Day 6: Visit Hunder Sand Dunes and Diskit Gompa, then take the Agham-Shyok route to Pangong Tso.

Day 7: Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri via Chushul (you will need fuel for 740 km after refueling at Diskit) or Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri via Upshi - Chumathang (you will need fuel for 530 km after refueling at Karu).

Day 8: Tso Moriri to Sarchu or Jispa.

Day 9: Sarchu/Jispa to Manali.

Day 10: Manali to Delhi.

This is a hectic plan and in case of any delays, you will have to skip Tso Moriri. Better keep at least a day or two as buffer. Add another day if you can.

Murali_Chennairider

Murali_chennairider
Hi guys,

Need some guidance regarding my Leg trip possibly in the last week of Sept. I am on a very tight schedule and have max 10 days with me. Please guide if the below is possible:

1. Nubra Valley
2. Tso Morori
3. Tso Kar

Also, is it possible to go via Srinagar considering the current situation there? I don't want to sightsee locally; I just wanna drive past.

Thanks
Hi Rahul Contact me on Watsapp on this number 9650523884.... Even I am planning for Leh Ladakh In September 3rd/Last week And I am joined by 3 fellowriders through social media contact.... So We can discuss and see if things work out

Highway Apostle

Hi guys,

1. Nubra Valley
2. Tso Morori
3. Tso Kar

Thanks
You should keep a day more in Manali to acclamatize where the body is more flexible. I remember two guys who made this blunder in 1995 and paid the price at Keylong due to muscles tightening. Stay safe & healthy. Keep an extra day in Manali. It's a long journey ahead.

Moraine Plains...

Sarchu (42).JPG

Sarchu Base Camp...1995
Sarchu (43).JPG

Thanks a lot Yogesh. Appreciate your reply.
Day 1: Delhi to Manali.

Day 2: Manali to Jispa

Day 3: Jispa to Leh

Day 4: Rest and get the permit done.

Day 5: Leh to Nubra via Khardung La, first visit Sumur and Panamik, then head to Hunder for nightstay.

Day 6: Visit Hunder Sand Dunes and Diskit Gompa, then take the Agham-Shyok route to Pangong Tso.

Day 7: Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri via Chushul (you will need fuel for 740 km after refueling at Diskit) or Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri via Upshi - Chumathang (you will need fuel for 530 km after refueling at Karu).

Day 8: Tso Moriri to Sarchu or Jispa.

Day 9: Sarchu/Jispa to Manali.

Day 10: Manali to Delhi.

This is a hectic plan and in case of any delays, you will have to skip Tso Moriri. Better keep at least a day or two as buffer. Add another day if you can.

Guys, even though the above plan seems great, just wondering if I can still do the trip in a circuit from Jammu and come back via Manali. I just spoke to someone that they are allowing traffic to pass through kargil towards Let?

Can someone please confirm.