Trip to leh from Noida

Ranjanchaudhry

Good morning friends,
Good to see that you like my blog. thanks you all for motivation.
Adsatinder and AnupamR, thanks for your reply, yes it was nearly 24 hour journey, I did before also when i complete Delhi - Kanyakumari circuit. I drove for nearly 36 hours continously. i will write that as my next blog.
We should start our next phase of journey. Lets GOOOOO....
As you all know, We have reached Srinagar. So this is the time to explore the city but we need to leave for leh asap due to which we finalised to make it as fast as we can, we were staying in Hotel Heemal situated in front of Dal lake. I would recommend this for all, Rooms were huge with true cleanliness, provided with electric blanket to make our sleep more comfortable. it comes under JKTDC, if any of you wants to book it, you need to book through JKTDC. Tariff was very economical.
We just went out of the hotel and start exploring Dal Lake, Dal gate and need to purchase some stuff from Lal chowk (famous market place of Srinagar).
After finishing it as fast as we can we came back to hotel, pack our bags and start our journey to Leh. This time also we want to make it NON STOP to leh. Our Route will be Srinagar - Sonamarg - Zozila pass - Drass - Kargil - leh.
We have started our next phase of journey in afternoon from Hotel after having our lunch and took several stops till kargil where we reached around 10 PM and have our Dinner.
enroute we took some photographs and had Steam momos at DRASS and momos were really mouth watering. I forgot to mention, there was a military drill, where you need to show your vehicle docs, your docs and e- pass. It was in between Zozila pass and Drass. BE sure to carry all necessary docs with you.
Pics are here. enjoy the valley
if you like it, Don't forget to leave a message, I love to read.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

Ranjanchaudhry

Good morning friends,
Good to see that you like my blog. thanks you all for motivation.
Adsatinder and AnupamR, thanks for your reply, yes it was nearly 24 hour journey, I did before also when i complete Delhi - Kanyakumari circuit. I drove for nearly 36 hours continously. i will write that as my next blog.
We should start our next phase of journey. Lets GOOOOO....
As you all know, We have reached Srinagar. So this is the time to explore the city but we need to leave for leh asap due to which we finalised to make it as fast as we can, we were staying in Hotel Heemal situated in front of Dal lake. I would recommend this for all, Rooms were huge with true cleanliness, provided with electric blanket to make our sleep more comfortable. it comes under JKTDC, if any of you wants to book it, you need to book through JKTDC. Tariff was very economical.
We just went out of the hotel and start exploring Dal Lake, Dal gate and need to purchase some stuff from Lal chowk (famous market place of Srinagar).
After finishing it as fast as we can we came back to hotel, pack our bags and start our journey to Leh. This time also we want to make it NON STOP to leh. Our Route will be Srinagar - Sonamarg - Zozila pass - Drass - Kargil - leh.
We have started our next phase of journey in afternoon from Hotel after having our lunch and took several stops till kargil where we reached around 10 PM and have our Dinner.
enroute we took some photographs and had Steam momos at DRASS and momos were really mouth watering. I forgot to mention, there was a military drill, where you need to show your vehicle docs, your docs and e- pass. It was in between Zozila pass and Drass. BE sure to carry all necessary docs with you.
Pics are here. enjoy the valley
if you like it, Don't forget to leave a message, I love to read.
Thanks in advance
Now, we have reached Leh and the first word comes in mind after reaching here is WOW.
FINALLY, WE REACHED (OMG)
thank God for supporting us
now, we are ready to go to khardungla and hunder.
we start our journey to hunder in afternoon as we had plan of staying there.
Roads are very bad, full of potholes or you can say roads are in potholes.
after few hours, we reached Khardungla pass, first thing we notice there was THE MAGGIE STORY
few glimpses of the route

Attachments

CoolVirgo

Shitij Koshal
Nice going. It seems you people were travelling in your own vehicle. Any issues going in own vehicle to Ladakh and beyond?