Trip to Leh

Arunkumar555

Hello Guys,
Planning for a trip from Chennai to Coorg from there to Leh.
Can any one suggest me a better travel plan.
Need a trip preparation plan.
Note: I'm planning my trips through bike(Royal Enfield Classic 350cc).
Then i don't locations there i need reply from ah experienced rider.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
When are you planning to do this trip?

Are you planning to ride all the way to Ladakh from Chennai or are you planning to ship your motorcycle to Delhi/Jammu?

How many days do you have for this trip?

Arunkumar555

Riding my bike from Chennai to Himachal was the plan. I planing my trip at October(it changable as per your suggestion). I can spend 15days for the trip.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
15 days will be woefully short for a ride to Ladakh, if you intend to ride both ways. Because you will end up spending at least 4 days each side, in order to reach the hills. Reaching Leh would take another 3 days i.e. you will only have a single day in Ladakh, if you count 7 days each side, in order to reach it.

Additionally, by middle of October, the road starts to close down for the season. So unless you’re planning to start on the first, you won’t nearly have enough time left for the ride, unless you fly to Leh.

My suggestion would be ship your motorcycle to Delhi or Chandigarh, start the ride from there with at least 12-13 days in hand and make sure you start by the first of October or earlier, else postpone till next year.

Arunkumar555

Thanks for your Suggestion this is not exact trip date i can change my trip plan according to the season. My wish is to drive my bike to there itself. Can you suggest me a better month and best trip plan.

sundarr30

I think, Mid May to June or Sept would be a good month to travel by Bike. I would recommend at-least 20 or 25 days if you plan to go by bike from Chennai. I had a plan to do the same this year. But with covid all got cancelled. Maybe i will try again next year. Will be starting from Chennai.