Trip to North India for the love of Mountains

trivedidarshak

Dear Members,

Planning for a 8nights-9days trip to spiti but need suggestions to compose the itinerary. We have full moon approaching on 14th of September 2019 and i would like to have the night spent chandrataal lake (in the near by camps) to have a lifetime experience to stay in stars on a full moon day. The start of the trip will be from Mumbai and the thought is to reach Manali by 13th afternoon so that bodies can be rested before taking a height on 14th for Chandratal.

However, I am not sure how the itinerary should be planned for the next days. I have still tried to draft from my side as below

12th Sept - Take Early morning flight to Delhi and reach to New Delhi station to catch the 7.40 Kalka shatabdi train to Kalka. Start the cab hiring from Kalka and go to Manali. Try to reach by evening and take the rest in the evening.
13th Sept - Rest day and roaming around in the nearby areas
14th Sept - Start early morning for Chandratal and sped the day at the camps near to chandrataal (any camp names are welcomed)
15th Sept - Start onward journey to Kibber/Langza/Kaza. Staying overnight on either of the locations
16th Sept - Kaza/Langza to Mudh Villaga via Hikkim and Komic
17th Sept - Mudh village to Tabo via Dhankar
18th Sept - Tabo to Kalpa - Via Nako
19th Sept - Kalpa to Chitkul/Sangla
20th Sept - Chitkul/Sangla to Shimla or Kalka
21st Sept - Return to Delhi and fly back to Mumbai via late night flight

Concerns:
1) Have not considered any leg on the days and I am not sure how the weather is going to be
2) Any alternate routes which can make our trip shorter are welcomed as I simply used maps to determine this route
3) How long one will have to trek for Chandratal and how to get rid of the permits if we have to?

Thanks,
Darshak Trivedi