Trip to Pushkar Camel Fair and Brahma Temple…

Discussion in 'Travelogues from West India' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

Prologue

Even though I went to Pushkar in November 2006, I missed out on two very important aspect of the trip:
    1. Camel and livestock trading: only a few camels were left when we reached there and since we were too busy munching throughout the day, I couldn’t photograph even the remaining camels.
    2. Brahma Temple: The only Brahma Temple in the world and I couldn’t see it either!
    The good thing is, the more things you miss out during a trip, more excuses you have to go back :grin: and with that in mind, I started planning to visit Pushkar Camel Fair, only this time the aim was to be there early on to witness the camel trading and visit the Brahma Temple.

Day-1 7th November 2008: Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Pushkar

Knowing fully well, that I’ll comfortably reach Pushkar by late afternoon, even if I start late. I started the ride on a leisurely pace and met Manik at Manesar toll booth at around 6:15am and after a quick hello, it was time to continue with the journey.

Less than forty five minutes into the ride, we decided to stop, cold was getting the better of us and we needed the warmth of a cup of tea.

At this moment, sun made it appearance as well:

[​IMG]

After a cup of tea and 15 minute rest, it was time to get back on the highway. The next break came at the beginning of the Jaipur bypass. From here I called Bhuwan, as we had planned to have breakfast together.

Jaipur bypass:

[​IMG]

At the end of the Jaipur bypass, we met Bhuwan and decided to ride till the next dhaba and stop there for breakfast. We found Shree Shyam hotel and restaurant and stopped there, after a leisurely breakfast and bakar session, which lasted for couple of hours, we said goodbye to Bhuwan and headed towards Pushkar, while Bhuwan went back to Jaipur.

From left to right, Manik, Me and Bhuwan

[​IMG]

Now it was time for us to cruise on the super smooth and wide, Jaipur - Kishangarh stretch of National Highway 8.

[​IMG]

Now that temperature was rising and the road was a little boring, Manik started feeling a little sleepy and decided to take a nap at roadside.

[​IMG]

While I decided to check out this broken building with a funny hairdo :D

[​IMG]

After 15minutes or so, Manik was feeling a little better hence we started towards Pushkar and managed to reach there at around 2:45pm. After hunting around for hotel for around half an hour or so, we decided to settle into Priya Guest House. After making few calls and getting freshen up, we decided to check out their roof top restaurant. Which had a nice view of Pushkar city and Savitri Devi Temple (wife of Lord Brahma).

[​IMG]

After drinking a cup of cold coffee, it was time to check out rest of the town and in particular the camel fair. But first we had to negotiate the narrow alleyways of Pushkar and during this; we came across Ganga Mata Temple, which had a really nicely decorated front entrance.

[​IMG]

Once we reached the stadium on the edge of the camel ground, we were surprised to see a hot air balloon being readied for a flight.

[​IMG]

We too decided to join the crowd and watch the spectacle.

Day-1 7th November 2008: Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Pushkar (Part-2)

Day 2: 8th November 2008: Pushkar

Day-3 9th November 2008: Pushkar - Ajmer bypass - Jaipur bypass - New Delhi

2. hitanshu

hitanshu Master of the OT Universe

Laavly. Gwan man, gwan!

3. colours2u

colours2u photographer ~ traveller

Pune/Bangalore/Philadelphia - it keeps changing...
    waiting for more....
    I was supposed to go pushkar this year but somehow couldnt make it... waiting to visit thru your photos.. :)

4. sans4ver

sans4ver sunny

nice, eagerly waiting for more:)

5. rupinder

rupinder Active Member

From left to right, Manik, Me and Bhuwan
    wow thats some meeting of the heavyweights :grin:
    nice photos the new camera is showing its true colours

6. KurtRules

KurtRules Come as you are!

Pretty fast to put up the log yogesh, i like that:grin:...waiting for more

7. Yogesh Sarkar

hehe thats kind of similar to the title I thought initially for the photograph :grin:

Thanks every one, second part should be up by tonight.

8. setuniket

setuniket Member

Great start..:)

9. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Guru

lovely colorful pics.

10. Yogesh Sarkar

Thanks guys