Trip to Shoja, Jalori Pass and Tirthan Valley

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

The idea of a BCMT North India Meet began last month, with the common complaint from members and mods, that we haven't had any group trips/rides for a long time. So after a long discussion, Shoja was chosen as the place to be and with bookings done, it was time to pack the bags and get on the road.

Day 1: Delhi - Karnal - Ambala - Banur - Kharar - Kiratpur - Sundernagar - Aut Tunnel - Banjar - Shoja

After about half an hour of sleep, I started getting ready and received a call from Shivanshu, who along with Deeps and his friend and Dr. Sunil were waiting for us at the bypass, to see us off and were the first ones to reach there!

Got ready in a jiffy and met Draz after the Raja Garden flyover and rode as fast as I could to the bypass, where a lot of BCMTians were already waiting. Here is a photograph of the BCMTians, who were kind enough to wake up at 3 o'clock in the morning to see us off!

[​IMG]

By 4:30AM, 12 of us started our bike's engine and began our journey to Shoja. As usual I was doing the sweeping duties and leader's duties were being shared jointly by Eric and Veeru for this leg, with a schedule breakfast break at Zhilmil Dhaba at Karnal.

Ride for the most part was uneventful and nonstop, though I did spot a few bikers at a petrol pump and even decided to stop, but after seeing no known faces, I decided to move on. Big mistake! They were Aagosh and company, also on their way to Shoja and had left before us and would only be able to reach a day later, due to motorcycle trouble.

For the time being, I didn't knew any of that and carried on, thinking since it was the start of a long weekend, many bikers must be heading to hills. Anyways, we managed to reach Zhilmil Dhaba at Karnal by around 6am and the breakfast consisting of aloo parathas had been ordered and was soon devoured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the breakfast was over, it was time to move on and since we were going to take a new route to bypass Chandigarh and not many were aware of it (including me), I decided to once again place Eric in charge of leading the group with clear instruction to wait just before the beginning of the Ambala flyover to ensure that group was able to regroup and no one would get lost.

But fate had something else en stored for us as I found the group at a petrol pump, just before Ambala.

[​IMG]

Neeraj's bike had suffered a puncture in the front tyre and while he had gone to a petrol pump on the other side of the road, others were getting fuel filled in their bikes and were eager to move on. Once again told Eric to wait before the diversion to ensure everyone was there, including me and went to meet Neeraj, who was waiting for the puncture repair guy to start filling air. Once that was done, he and a few other guys moved on, while I waited for Varun to finish a phone conversation and in the meanwhile received a call from Lavkesh, asking me, where I was. Told him that Varun was attending an important phone call and I would be there in 5 minutes.

Couple of minutes later, we were on the move and there was no sign of the group!

Varun knew the route and lead me on it and still there was no sign of the group! Tried calling couple of guys in the group, but no one picked up and at that point, received a call from Veeru, telling me, that he was waiting for me, just before the toll booth and we reached there and met him. He told me that everyone had left and he had stayed back on his own, since he knew that I didn't knew the route! After confirming that indeed everyone was ahead and no one had gone missing, the three of us moved on.

Day 1 part-2

Day 2: Shoja - Jalori Pass

Day 2: Jalori Pass - Tirthan Valley

Day 2: Tirthan Valley - Shoja

Day 3: Shoja - Delhi

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. thedrsunil

thedrsunil Active Member

So, the official T'log is here from the Admin..... :grin:

YS, pl do not make us to wait for a long break....:p

3. Shivanshu

Shivanshu RX Rider

Great great the Logie from the Boss itself is UP..... now we will get to witness some cool pics... so bring it on, dont tease us... ;)

4. anindyanuri

anindyanuri Member

Waiting eagerly to see what happened next.

5. SachinOnTop

SachinOnTop Full Use Else Lose

WoW!
    YS has improved a lot after Udaipur Meet! :grin:

Nice & simple yet interesting writeup must say... bring it on buddy! :)

6. passiontodrive

passiontodrive Member

Good Sir Jeee...

I wish I would have joined you... But my Doctor is not allowing me to ride... But nice thread and is going to rock... Waiting for the updates...

7. PrashantBhardwaj

PrashantBhardwaj Lost and found in Ladakh!

Group scattering is a common issue with group rides of huge number... But the problem comes if one cluster goes off on a wrong route..

Glad to know it didnt happened in this case.

8. Bobby_Roy

Bobby_Roy Member

Brilliant stuff! Lovely read, waiting for the next part to unfold. :)

9. Pavan Singh

Pavan Singh Chak De Fatte!!

Nice write up Yogesh with matching pictures. Interested to hear your side of experience.

10. classicrajat

classicrajat The Legend

lovely lovely start..bring on more.