Trip to Udaipur

Discussion in 'Travelogues from West India' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

It all started with an idea of Delhi - Jaipur meet and then turned into a meet which was attended by BCMTians from 7 states of India, North meets West. While I am yet to prepare the official report of that (don’t worry people, it will come someday), here is my travelogue of my trip from Delhi to Udaipur, to attend the biggest and most fun get-together of my life!

Day 1: Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh Expressway - Bhilwarah - Chittorgarh - Udaipur

Around 4am it was time to say goodbye to family members and start the ride, since the initial part of the ride was to be a solo one (had to leave before everyone to get the arrangements done in Udaipur); I headed straight for Gurgaon and was soon cruising on the familiar NH-8.

Since it was early March, early morning ride on the open highway was still quite cold and at least initially, I regretted, not having brought my riding jacket’s warm inner, which had provided enough warmth during my Khajuraho trip.

However by the time I reached Jaipur bypass, weather had turned pleasantly warm. I called up Bhuwan to coordinate the meeting point and was soon on my way. After reaching the meeting point and waiting for a while, I spotted Bhuwan, riding his brand new Royal Enfield Classic 500. It was looking beautiful, especially with the Getoffyourass saddle bags Bhuwan had mounted on her.

After a quick hello, we decided to ride on till we spotted a nice dhaba for breakfast. After gorging on the delicious aloo paranthas, it was time to take out the camera for the first time during the ride. Here is my oldie alongside Bhuwan’s brand new Classic 500 EFI.

[​IMG]

There are two routes to Udaipur, one is the normal route which goes via Ajmer, the other one diverts from the NH-8 towards the end of Jaipur - Kishangarh Expressway and then goes on to Bhilwarah - Chittorgarh - Udaipur. Since Bhuwan knew both the routes well, we decided to take later route, as it was faster and in better condition than Ajmer route.

By now weather had turned quite hot and even wind had picked up, however the roads more than made up for them.

[​IMG]

And so did the scenery along the route

[​IMG]

Since the Classic 500 was still under runin period, we were taking it somewhat slow, though breaks weren’t all that many and we even decided to skip lunch, in favor of cold drinks and biscuits, which felt more apt in the warm weather, than the usual assortment of dhaba food.

Bhuwan riding his Classic 500

[​IMG]

Lovely landscape

[​IMG]

Concrete road, looks great and offers decent grip at least when it is dry

[​IMG]

Soon Bhuwan spotted something and stopped, when I stopped beside him, he pointed towards the field and said, those are opium field! Since this was the first time I saw opium field, we went in for a closer look and talked to the farmers there. They had license from the government to grow these and could only sell them to government and had to guard them day and night as they got ready to be plucked.

Opium poppy

[​IMG]

Our motorcycles on the trail next to the fields

[​IMG]

By the time we reached Udaipur, sun had begun to set behind the mountains.

[​IMG]

After the sun had set, we were greeted by a spectacular sky and I knew immediately, we had made the right decision, choosing Udaipur for the meet.

[​IMG]

After a while we were at the hotel we had booked, Hotel Saheli palace and were relaxing in our nice and comfortable, Super Deluxe AC room.

Day 2: Udaipur - Jaisamand Lake

Day 2: Jaisamand Lake - Udaipur - Saheliyon Ki Badi

Day 2: Saheliyon Ki Badi, Udaipur

Day 3: North meets West

Day 4: Udaipur Vintage and Classic Car Museum at Garden Hotel

Day 4: Lake Pichola, Udaipur

Day 5: Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Bhilwarah - Nasirabad - Kishangarh Expressway - Jaipur - Delhi

MOSSADIN likes this.
  2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Super User

Nice pictures. Looking forward for more.

3. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

Thanks Big Daddy

4. anupmathur

anupmathur Super Moderator Staff Member

Always crisp!
    Invariably amongst the sharpest pics to be seen! :)

5. Dimitrz

Dimitrz Reclaim your life

well not as good as my travelouge but I like it :p

:lol: just kidding

Ps: good photos too YS
    PPs: Bhuwan Ji we want a product review of Getoffyourass Saddle bag with price - GOYA used to be pretty expensive but usually their products are good

6. abhishek_racerx

abhishek_racerx The Lone Rider

I still regret missing the meet and the pics would amplify the feeling,.,..................baah what am I blabbering about..bring on the Pics Yogesh bhai !

7. hiambuj

hiambuj Moderator Staff Member

Much awaited, starts on perfect note !! Looking forward to more !!

8. real.artist.ship

real.artist.ship Member

simple...short and sweet log :) waiting for more

9. rahulsingh

rahulsingh Active Member

Beautiful pics YS. Pls finish this log i 1 go...

10. ninad89

ninad89 Ninad Panchbhai

superb pics ys.... waiting for more....