Tsomoriri Resort in Korzok

Still, I'd say, OUCH!!
I'd rather sleep in the car and shit in the wide open spaces!! :grin:
I agree with Anupji.
This actually reminds me to of an episode of Top Gear where James May was engaged in dumping and Jeremy clarkson was driving the Toyota Hilux to the North Pole

indianrunner

Hi,

We stayed at the tents during out trip to Ladakh and as the tourist season had not started, we were charged abt INR 500 but gave the food we carried to be cooked like maggi noodles etc. It is more expensive in the tourist season and for foreigners.

The tents are very clean and so are the common toilets and the 2 people who were looking after the place were extremely friendly. This is recommended.

Rgds

Manoj

devashishdhingra

Hi,

We stayed at the tents during out trip to Ladakh and as the tourist season had not started, we were charged abt INR 500 but gave the food we carried to be cooked like maggi noodles etc. It is more expensive in the tourist season and for foreigners.

The tents are very clean and so are the common toilets and the 2 people who were looking after the place were extremely friendly. This is recommended.

Rgds

Manoj
Now this sounds within Budget:)

We stayed in the TsoMoriri Resort by the shores of the lake. The person initially asked Rs 3300/- per room but we were 8 people and got it down to Rs 1500/- per room with 4 people in each room and also food.

It was a bone chilling experience

hvkumar

H V Kumar
The Nomadic Life tent camp charged us Rs 800 per bed after some long bargaining. The rack rate is some ridiculous 2K +. Does not have its own toilets, common toilet.

praveenkm

They are pitched:

Since Tso Moriri is a protected area, you just can not pitch tents anywhere you want. Tents are only allowed to pitched at a specified area which is near the already pitched tents.
Thats Nomadic life camp. Bargained to 300 bux a night in july this year. Awesome menu and clean cooked food and nicely presented and nice cozy dining hall tent too. The keeper said to book tent from leh would cost 1500 Rs officially! Gate crashing works bettor :)

As for the tented resort, the subject of this thread. Gave me a best price of 1500 Rs, of course i moved on. But these have attached toilets.

Last edited:

Viny

Still, I'd say, OUCH!!
I'd rather sleep in the car and shit in the wide open spaces!! :grin:
Try this on a winter day early in the morning and clean up using the water at that height, and then you will have some great heavenly experience which you will never forget your entire life :D

Thankfully the freezing point of Urine is between -100F to -120F hence you wont be shooting crystals :p

Last edited: