Tundey ke Kabab Lucknow

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never had Daulat ki chaat, but in pics, it looks similar. But the name "chaat" is deceptive. Makkhan malai is sweeet
Aye, so is Daulat ki Chaat. It is all froth and foam and ever so slightly sweet, topped with a piece of 'khurchan'. :)

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
I guess Makhan malai is different from Daulat ki haat which is just foam. And yes Tundey Kababi at Chowk is the oldest though I have been to the Aminabad one. Lovely kababs.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess Makhan malai is different from Daulat ki haat which is just foam. ....
I can't imagine what else it could be. The very name implies it's the same thing.
Frankly, it's near impossible to get the real thing today - what they sell today as Daulat ki Chaat is more like a soufflé, very far removed from the authentic item.
The problem seems to be of lifestyle. There are hardly any people that would turn up early morning to have it. Indeed, Daulat ki Chaat was sold ONLY early mornings. After all, it is essentially froth/foam and has no longevity at all! :eek:
Today, even at seven in the evening, you can have it! :shock:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the one that has been mentioned in the blog post, is that authentic?
I'd say no.
And for the same reasons that I mentioned. I'm sure Lucknow is not all that different from that perspective.
After all, how many old as the hills gents are there to catch them out for the fraud they sell as Daulat ki Chaat? :grin:

Confirmed, Makhan Malai here is sold only in winters. They've got Mattha for summers. Poori and Kachori from Radhelal Halwai is the menu for breakfast followed by Kulcha n Nihari.

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
I can't imagine what else it could be. The very name implies it's the same thing.
Frankly, it's near impossible to get the real thing today - what they sell today as Daulat ki Chaat is more like a , very far removed from the authentic item.
The problem seems to be of lifestyle. There are hardly any people that would turn up early morning to have it. Indeed, Daulat ki Chaat was sold ONLY early mornings. After all, it is essentially froth/foam and has no longevity at all! :eek:
Today, even at seven in the evening, you can have it! :shock:
chaat like soufflé-how?
is it the conventional chaat which is being talked about here?