Two Months in Himachal – Dreams Do Come True!

sanjugalande

One of the reasons for me to leave my full-time job and become a digital nomad was being able to travel anywhere and everywhere without having to worry about reaching back to Delhi by Monday morning. And spending months in Himachal had been on my mind ever since I visited this mountain heaven first time. It finally happened!

PS - This is going to a long post and I will try to focus more on photos than content.

The plan was to cover Himachal from one end to another, taking as many breaks as possible, staying close to locals and maybe learn a few things about the way of life in the mountains.

The trip started with a 28-hour train journey to Chandigarh. I had loaded my bike in the same train and it reached Chandigarh the same day, however, I reached post 5pm, after the parcel office closed for the day, so the pick-up could only happen the next day. This gave us one day to explore The City Beautiful - Chandigarh, and eat the food that the Haryanvi in me was dying to eat after spending so much time in Mumbai.​

View attachment 755556
The Bike is packed and ready to go

View attachment 755557
What's the point of a long train journey if you don't stuff yourself with unhealthy food?

View attachment 755558
And we reached Chandigarh!

View attachment 755559
Look at this Goan going bonkers over Punjabi Food!

View attachment 755560
That's the stuff I was talking about!
Shimla, Kufri and Fagu

After 2 days in The City Beautiful, it was time to get on with the actual trip. Surprisingly the bike came back without any issues in the train and needed no repairs. With the overloaded bags, we embarked towards Shimla and stayed at Fagu for the next 2 days, exploring Shimla, Kufri and nearby places. Here are some photos from those days.
View attachment 755561
I was skeptical about the luggage situation but my hand-made luggage carrier did just fine.

View attachment 755562
The shop is setup in Fagu, overlooking apple orchards.

View attachment 755563
Bike becomes something else altogether once the bags are taken off.

View attachment 755564
View attachment 755565
View attachment 755566
View attachment 755567
View attachment 755568

Jibhi via Jalori Pass

After Fagu, we moved towards Jibhi via Narkhand and Jalori Pass. I had visited Narkhanda earlier as well and the roads started getting rough just after that. You must have heard that the bad road leads to the most beautiful places and I started believing this only after I reached Jibhi, a little village just near Jalori. The road we took that day made heart thump wildly. I haven’t come across anything as beautiful as this place until now. The pine trees, 45 degree incline and dip on the roads and the sense of adventure – these are the memories that are going to stay in a corner of my mind forever.

We stayed at Offbeat Footprint in Jibhi for the next three days, exploring the valley and surroundings. This is where we had our first real life experience of Himachal. Tucked in a mud house at the side of river, picking plums for breakfast, hiking in the forest and taking a dip in the natural pool!

View attachment 755569 Did you know that the road passing through Jalori is all tarmac now?

View attachment 755570
Breakfast picked straight from the trees.

View attachment 755571
Never tired of clicking or posting these roads

View attachment 755572
Mighty Jalori Pass.

View attachment 755573

View attachment 755574

View attachment 755575
There aren't a lot of places in India where you will find blueberries.

View attachment 755576
She just slides wherever she sees a slope. Still learning to walk in the mountains. :D

View attachment 755577
Finding hidden waterfalls is the new fave game

View attachment 755578
Getting better at hiking!

View attachment 755579
View attachment 755580

View attachment 755581
Himachali houses have really small doors.

View attachment 755582
That's the mud-house we stayed at

View attachment 755583
Trying to do our bit.

View attachment 755584
Work has to be always the priority but who minds if your office looks like this?

View attachment 755585
This is taking much more time than I anticipated. Will post the remaining in the next post soon.
Sir ji
can you give some information about bke parcel to chandigradh, which train you board and parcel any agent

Pardeep Dhounchak

जाट देवता ने कहा है : घुमक्कड़ी किस्मत से मिलती है
Superrrrrrrr trip...................