Umlingla Pass - Umlingla Top

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Picture is getting clear to me. It seems now after descending from Photi La there is a separate alignment going via Umling La byepassing Photi La-Koyul-Demchok route while the new alignment meets somewhere very close to Demchok on Koyul-Demchok route. This way one can easily complete a day trip from Hanle to Photi la to Umling La and back without actually going all the way to Demchok. IMHO there would not be any check post from Photi La to Umling La which explains few riders already been able to reach there.

tanmay324

Picture is getting clear to me. It seems now after descending from Photi La there is a separate alignment going via Umling La byepassing Photi La-Koyul-Demchok route while the new alignment meets somewhere very close to Demchok on Koyul-Demchok route. This way one can easily complete a day trip from Hanle to Photi la to Umling La and back without actually going all the way to Demchok. IMHO there would not be any check post from Photi La to Umling La which explains few riders already been able to reach there.
you are right. After Photi la, the Koyul road goes North. If you go south after descending Photi la, then this will be on the road to your left goes straight to Demchok. Meets the road coming from Fukche and Koyul just outside Demchok.
This is new and does not fall on zarsar road. This simply cuts through the range instead circling arroud via Koyul.
Also I noticed a thing on Google earth, it seems the actual saddle of pass is at around 5653m and the road is higher beofore crossing the ridge at 5760m. So this one seems a bit stretched in terms of height.
Edit: Can you tell me where is Narbo la?

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
There are many questions.
Only Army / BRO can answer.
Atleast Roads are being made whereas other side, roads are already made at every strategic point.

tanmay324

There are many questions.
Only Army / BRO can answer.
Atleast Roads are being made whereas other side, roads are already made at every strategic point.
Yes. progress is being made. But our side has better fortification and connectivity in Chumar sector. Also we have mechanised divisions in Changthang. Other than that they have benefits of relatively easier terrain and all weather connectivity in other sectors. I believe they also have connectivity to Lenak la North of pangong. Whereas we have road till Marsimik and after that it's a trail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

teufel

All these first to reach people take the board with them to place it on top? How come its the same board in every pic?

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Board is there.
Like Khardungla Board.

People are different each time. May be having contacts in Army can get permits.
Or
May be people exploring on their own.

Alpha

Going to Neverland
i believe there is no need to get any permits to reach Umling La. There may not be any check post enroute Umling la top.