Useful Android Apps

Discussion in 'Electronics and Consumer Durables' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Sep 9, 2011.

1. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

2. adsatinder

GPS Phone Tracker: Offline mode Mobile Tracker
    Mobi Pixels

[​IMG]

"GPS Phone Tracker" is a life’s essential GPS running phone location finding App which requires no Internet connection but only GPS to make it easy for you to:
    Auto track your Family and Friends location.
    Find your own phone location remotely.
    Track & Map locations of phone after every few seconds / minutes.
    Find someone’s location by a single SMS.
    Helps you to track different waypoints, locations and find routes while traveling using google maps.

Unlike many other Phone tracking or Phone locating applications available in the market which require Internet to track your family and friends locations, this GPS Phone Tracking App only requires your device GPS to be turned on. This offline GPS app will aid in locating your friends/family members and will also help you to send your own location to your friend/family if you are lost while traveling or want to travel to a place where you have never been before acting as a GPS route finder, providing you sense of security. GPS Phone Tracker includes following amazing features and benefits:
    Auto track and monitor your kids while traveling to and from school or supervise their movement while out on a school trip through GPS phone tracker app on google maps.
    Track movement of your children through-out the day.
    Auto-track your friends traveling progress using Google maps.
    Auto track your employee’s traveling activities in the field.
    If you are lost, send your location to a friend or map your own location using offline navigation.
    By simply using GPS feature, you can also find your stolen or misplaced phone by sending a text SMS on your cell phone from any other phone number.
    This amazing offline GPS navigation application will give location of your lost/stolen phone on Google maps and will provide you driving directions or walking directions.

How does it work?
    Simply install this GPS Auto Phone Tracking app in your and your friend’s cell phones.
    1- Find my Phone
    If this feature is activated, your phone will automatically send your location after periodic intervals of time to phone number (s) set by you.
    2- Find my Friend’s Phone/Location
    If some of your friends have activated “Track me” in their phones, their locations will automatically be mapped as GPS Phone Tracker is sending their locations at a periodic interval of time.
    You can also change the interval period at which location is sent on the phone to find a friend or family member.
    3- Get Location by SMS
    Send SMS with a code set by you or your friend to your or other phone to get its location.
    SMS Format: Locate#xxxx

This is such a family and friend locator app that will make your life easier and simpler. This application may also be used as GPS route finder in order to search for lost/stolen phone or even track friends if they are lost while travelling.

How to Uninstall?
    To uninstall the GPS Phone Tracker, you must deactivate the app security first then uninstall it from your cell phone. Application can be deactivated by
    I-Go to App "Location sms" page. Deactivate it. OR
    II-Phone Settings > Security > Device Administrators, uncheck "GPS Phone Tracker"

Like and give us feedback on https://www.facebook.com/MobiPixels/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobipixels.org.autotrackingme

Suneesh Sharma likes this.
  3. adsatinder

Top 5 Must Apps For Free Virtual Phone Number (for Any Verification)

By
    Simraan
    July 23, 2017
    Top 5 Must Apps Of Free Virtual Phone Number:

Many internet using apps like WhatsApp, Instagram, and Viber, etc ask for mobile verification. Most of the times, you don’t want to provide your number for security reasons. In this article, I have shown 5 best apps which will help you to verify any account with the help of free virtual phone number apps.If you want to generate a free virtual phone number and verify your account then you should read this article till the end.
    Also Check: Control PS3 with Android

Note: The information in this article is for educational purpose. Misuse of the apps may lead to criminal charges.

Requirements
    If you have the following requirements then you can use the apps without any issues.

What is Virtual Phone Number?
    Basically, it is a free internet phone number. It can be used a temporary phone number. This will help you to verify any kind of applications.

With help of Virtual Phone Number, you can bypass OTP verification and email verification. This will make your job using in using any apps like WhatsApp and Instagram.
    Also Check: How to get Android O Virtual Box on Desktop

There are some paid virtual phone numbers as well. Those numbers can be used as business phone numbers. This time I have showcased only free virtual phone number apps.

Apps for Free Virtual Phone Number

[​IMG]

There are many free virtual phone number apps in the play store. But many of them do not work perfectly. So I selected these 5 Android applications for a free virtual phone number. These apps are very useful in day to day life of Android users. You must always have these apps on your Android Smartphone.

Proovl SMS

[​IMG]

Proovl SMS can receive any SMS verification, with USA and UK mobile SIM numbers. All numbers are new and dedicated.

Text Me – Free New Number

[​IMG]

It gives you a very own dedicated phone number with which you can verify any accounts. Not only verification, it gives you some free credit which can be used for sending unlimited text messages and making free phone calls for limited time. If you have a friend who is using this app, then you can make free HD calls without quality loss. I believe it is one of the best apps for generating free virtual phone number and making free HD calls.

Drawback:
    The app comes with too many ads. If you want to enjoy this app without ads, then go for its paid version.

Burner-Free Phone Number

[​IMG]

This app is available for Android and IOS users with web based version. It helps you generate a free temporary number in more than 200 countries around the Globe. You will be able to do lot more things than generating a virtual phone number. You can use it for group chats, voice calls, and video calls.

Telos Free Phone Number

[​IMG]

This application is very similar to Burner application. It helps you generate free US phone number from any part of the world. This app helps you manage your Social Life. There is no rules and restrictions to this app. So you can enjoy this free app without any hassle. This app can be used in Android and other platforms like IOS and desktop as well.

One Additional Functionality: You can pre record an audio and auto reply to text messages when you are busy.

2nd Line – Second Phone Number

[​IMG]

Do not misinterpret the name of the app. This is not the 2nd version of Line Messenger. The name of this app itself is 2nd Line.

This app is developed by a company, Text Now. It app can be used as a business phone system on your Android Smartphone. It helps you to get a second phone number. And the best part is, we can choose our own number. Isn’t it great?

This app is totally secure and you can download it without any hesitation.

TalkaTone

[​IMG]

This is another, yet a great application for a free virtual phone number. You can generate US or UK phone number and use it without any issues. This app does not provide any issue while verifying your social media accounts.

This app is free as long as you are using it. You should use at least once in every 30 days to keep your generated number Active.

Bonus App

[​IMG]

Primo is another cool application for generating free virtual phone numbers. You need to signup once with your email ID, and then you can use this application. You can also make free phone calls and text messages with the help of this Primo App.

Final Verdict

These were the best apps to generate “Free Virtual Phone Number” on an Android Phone. I personally tested these 5 applications for a free virtual phone number and they work perfectly.
    My favorite app for Free Virtual Phone Number is TalkaTone.
    What is yours favorite? Share your opinion on this article in the comments section.
    If you face any kind of difficulty or any issue then let me know in comments section.

Be the first to try Virtual Numbers on your Android Phone

4. adsatinder

5. adsatinder

6. adsatinder

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  7. adsatinder

FREE APP for Sale now (Pro Version)
    may be for short period.

File Explorer Pro - Access files on PC, Mac & NAS
    Skyjos Co., Ltd.Productivity
    [​IMG]

This app is compatible with your device.

[​IMG]

FileExplorer Pro is a powerful file manager app on Android and iOS. It can access not only local files, but also files on your computer, NAS and cloud storages. Transfer files from any location to any location. Stream movies and music to your Android phones and tablets. Directly view and manage documents, photos and files without downloading.

Features:
    * Access network shares on macOS, Windows, Linux, NAS via SMB/CIFS protocol.
    * Access WebDAV Server, FTP Server and SFTP Server.
    * Access cloud storages: OwnCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
    * Access files on Android internal storage, SD Card and USB OTG.

* Automatically discover computers, NAS when you setup new connections.
    * Support Windows Domain, Active Directory and DFS.
    * Copy, move, rename and delete your files right on Android.
    * View documents, browse images, play movies and musics.
    * Archive and unarchive ZIP, RAR, and 7zip files.
    * Stream movies and musics from network shares and cloud storages to Android.
    * Sort files by name, date, size etc.
    * Search files by file name.
    * Wi-Fi Direct: Transfer files between two nearby Android devices without Wi-Fi connection.
    * Optimized for Android phone and tablet.

===== CONTACT US =====
    Email: [email protected]
    Twitter: @SkyjosApps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skyjos.apps.fileexplorer

Check for IOS version also.

8. adsatinder

7 most important apps in different situations:

7 Brilliant Things You Can Do With Your Smartphone

Measure Distance:

9. adsatinder

Beware Android Users – These Google Play Apps Can Steal Your Bank Details

digitalinformationworld.com

Nov 10, 2018 9:00 PM

Google play store boasts numerous apps that are both useful and worthy of our download. However, did you know that the leading Android app directory also houses several malicious apps that have the ability to steal your social media account information and sensitive bank information such as login credentials? Furthermore, the malicious apps can send out fake texts to retrieve confidential account information from their targets.

Generally, these apps masquerade as battery managers, phone cleaners, device speed boosters, and even horoscope-themed apps. These apps carry out their malicious acts by impersonating legitimate banks and displaying replica login screens in order to steal your sign-in details.

Additionally, there are some programs - discovered by security experts at ESET that pretend to delete themselves or display fake error messages during the launch but continue to breach your privacy from the background.

One such app named “Easy Rates Converter” was available on the Play Store for almost a week and was downloaded in around 500 devices before being discovered.

How do spam apps function?

According to cybersecurity experts, more than 29 Trojans are hard to detect. Most of these are linked with a particular category – the Red Alert 2.

These Trojans use customized phishing attacks and are capable of working remotely. However, they are so harmful that they can target any other app present on the device and intercept all messages as well as calls made via the compromised device.

Even though these banking Trojans are installed in your device through apps that run under different names – they share a similar code and server. This suggests that perhaps a single hacker or group is responsible for these acts.

List of apps that contain the Banking Trojan

According to cybersecurity experts, the below list of apps contain the banking Trojan and should be immediately uninstalled/removed from your device.

1 banking-trojans-continue-surface-google-play-list (1).jpg

2 banking-trojans-continue-surface-google-play-list (1).jpg

Beware Android Users – These Google Play Apps Can Steal Your Bank Details / Digital Information World

banking-trojans-continue-surface-google-play-list.png

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  10. adsatinder

At last Google Introduces the most Essential and long awaited Feature for Android Users

digitalinformationworld.com

Nov 9, 2018 3:20 PM

App freezes during updating the app is the basic problem for all smartphone users, it locked out the user from using the app. But sometimes it becomes more bizarre if the internet speed is slow. Therefore to overcome this issue Google has introduced the new application programming interface (API) for the Android smartphones that will allow the users to continue using the app while updating the app… or boot them out of the app if it's critically required.

Stephanie Cuthbertson the Director of Product Management said while addressing the developers in a blog post that, "We've heard that you'd like more controls to ensure that users are running the latest and greatest version of your app. To address this, we're launching an In-app Updates API. We're testing the API with early access partners and will be launching it to all developers soon."

This information was shared by Google on the annual Android Dev Summit while celebrating the 10 years of the Android operating system (OS). This is the biggest relief Android users were expecting from many years. Before this, app locked out the user in case of any update but after introducing the new API it will only lockout in case any critical security or patch update otherwise you can use the app while updating it.

Analysts are welcoming this small but very essential features, though Android is far behind than the Apple's iOS. Therefore, these type of important update will give Android some edge on the IOS, as Android is always labeled as coping IOS features.

At last Google Introduces the most Essential and long awaited Feature for Android Users / Digital Information World