Uttarakhand Itinerary Suggestions Required

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
Hi BCMTians,

I have received a request from my better half to plan a trip to Uttarakhand in October 2014. The things that she wants on the list are Badrinath, Kedarnath. I was hoping to include Corbett, Binsar, Munsiyari, Auli. Primary target is to enjoy the beautiful nature.

Assuming I have 10 days at my disposal I need your recommendations on the itinerary, places to stay and drivers/travel agencies. Also please advise if second half of October is a good season to travel to this part of the world. I am hoping to see some snow capped mountains. Is that too much to ask? :)

Thanks in advance.

Chetan

BHOOTER RAJA

Chalo .......let's go.
NO Chetan bhai.

Though I am not that knowledgeable person to give you information about the places. Binsar, Munsiyari, Auli are some of fav places to enjoy nature. Afaik Kedarnath, Badrinath are in Garhwal himalaya and binsar munsiyari like places are Kumaun himalaya. If you first go to Garhwal himalaya please include Deorital, Chopta, Kartik swami temple.
The place is awesome. No gathering of people. all raw nature.

Please have a look at my travelogue...Hopeless, speechless....in the north India section.

mousourik

Who Am I
Chetan,

Clubbing Kedar and Badri with Binsar, Munsyari may not be a wise decision as they belong to two different regions. By doing that, you will have to skip many other places in one particular area - which is to be avoided.

As for Kumaon region (Binsar, Munsyari), October second half is good, November will be better. KMVN hotels are there everywhere.

A reliable driver at Kathgodam / Haldwani : Mr. Anil Bisht 09719276921.

Hope that it helps.

BHOOTER RAJA

Chalo .......let's go.
Right said Mou...,
Seriously it would be hectic.
As you stated that your primary concern is nature. So please choose either kumaun and its surrounding places( koushani, binsar, munsiyari etc.) .In October it would mesmerize you I must say.

Or you may choose Chopta, Deoriatal, Kartik swami at kanakchouri village covering kedar badri.

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
NO Chetan bhai.

Though I am not that knowledgeable person to give you information about the places. Binsar, Munsiyari, Auli are some of fav places to enjoy nature. Afaik Kedarnath, Badrinath are in Garhwal himalaya and binsar munsiyari like places are Kumaun himalaya. If you first go to Garhwal himalaya please include Deorital, Chopta, Kartik swami temple.
The place is awesome. No gathering of people. all raw nature.

Please have a look at my travelogue...Hopeless, speechless....in the north India section.
Thank you Santanu. Looked at your log. Very interesting indeed.

Chetan,

Clubbing Kedar and Badri with Binsar, Munsyari may not be a wise decision as they belong to two different regions. By doing that, you will have to skip many other places in one particular area - which is to be avoided.

As for Kumaon region (Binsar, Munsyari), October second half is good, November will be better. KMVN hotels are there everywhere.

A reliable driver at Kathgodam / Haldwani : Mr. Anil Bisht 09719276921.

Hope that it helps.
Thank you Mousourik. Will check with my better half if she still wants to focus on Garhwal or she wants to go to Kumaon.

If the focus is still Kedarnath, Badrinath is it possible to do it with kids and what sort of trekking/hiking does it involve?

Right said Mou...,
Seriously it would be hectic.
As you stated that your primary concern is nature. So please choose either kumaun and its surrounding places( koushani, binsar, munsiyari etc.) .In October it would mesmerize you I must say.

Or you may choose Chopta, Deoriatal, Kartik swami at kanakchouri village covering kedar badri.
Thanks again Santanu

BHOOTER RAJA

Chalo .......let's go.
Badrinath would be doable with kids but Kedarnath ? Uhu not possible in my opinion.

For latest road condition and arrangements you can go through this log....Shri kedar nath dham..... Shiv smile again.

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
Thank you Santanu and Mousourik. I think we will focus on Kumaon. Any suggested itinerary is most welcome. I am digging through the logs myself :)

mousourik

Who Am I
Don't know whether 10 days include journey dates also. Even if it doesn't, the entire Kumaon require more number of days. Some rough ideas :

Plan 1 : Mukteshwar 1N + Binsar 2N + Munsyari 3N + Choukari 2N including Patal Bhubaneshwar + Nainital 2N

Plan 2 : Corbett 2N + Kausani 2N + Binsar 2N + Mukteshwar 1N + Nainital 3N

BHOOTER RAJA

Chalo .......let's go.
The first route is just heaven for nature lovers.

If I were you I blindly take the first route.

2nd one is equally good . Corbett would grow interest in Chetan as he would come here with his impressive cam and skill.