Vaishno Devi and bhaderwah 2019

jayant08

traveller
Mousourik I will upload the details of the hotel along with day 3 , though I would suggest staying in the TRC tilligarh if it's within your budget. We were to stay there only , but they had no power backup .

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

jayant08

traveller
sorry for posting late , was busy with exams

DAY 3:- So the 3rd day , after not much to do we slept early and therefore I was up at 6:30 , the sun wasn't up yet , it was bone chilling cold , I dared to touch my phone while lying which was kept on the table just adjacent to bed , and it was as if I was holding a piece of ice , immediately kept it back , so that was the measure of cold there . Still I've seen colder weather than this so , got up to take a quick peek outside , and oh boy was I mesmerized , it was what I imagined a lush green summer landscape with pine and deodar forests in the backdrop , all that under a thick blanket of snow , look for yourself. So I got out of the hotel , the water was frozen on roads , so it was subzero . But the municipal corporation had done a great job at clearing the roads even in such harsh conditions. Another special mention is to the security forces who guard us even at the cost of their lives . At night we could see heavy military deployment in the area , with army guys walking on the streets of the city the whole night taking guard . It is a salute worthy job indeed , with a little local input I got to know that there was no militancy concern in the area though there are rumours of camps in the higher reaches and on the Chamba road . But keep calm and believe in Indian Army . so moving on,
So one after the other everyone woke up and got overwhelmed looking at the views and the vast snow cover all around (pics attached) . It had been 2-3 years since I last saw this much snow , so it was just amazing to play in the snow and enjoy and click photographs . Then we got ready and were out and about towards the main market ,walking along the roads of the scenic place.we reached the city centre ,there was a usual hustle bustle amid the snow along the road sides and in the alleyways. As bhaderwah is famous for its rajma chawal so had to get that.we encountered a roadside shack which was preparing fresh samosas so we ordered , the samosas were as they supposed to be but they were served along with a really flavoursome chutney that just lifted it to a new level. so our city exploration started off , first stop was Chandi Mandir ,the view from there was just amazing , I got a great shot of the stairs of that Mandir. then the Rose garden which was as expected just a snow covered lawn in this season,so nothing much.sadly the roads to bhaderwah fort were not cleared yet so couldn't go there . Enroute we saw the newly built campus of the university of jammu.then there was Gupt Ganga temple along the river side. We got back to the hotel and had lunch , then we got to know that the weather was about to change and snowfall was expected in the evening which would mean getting stuck there for God knows how long, so we decided against staying there for the night and started backward then. The vistas of the narrow valley which were missed yesterday were all before my eyes , it was just amazing , the best part was that the roads were good atleast till Doda. The track was Mesmerizing . Travelling along the river on a snow laden rock bed in this beautiful valley was the personification of nature singing those beats with the sound of the river gushing down the valley , it was ineffable. Alas it had to end. After doda we left the snow laden bahderwah valley behind and re entered the valley of the mighty Can. The road here on was wider but had a few rough patches including a nasty one . Moving ahead we again reached that nasty patch and were in for a delay as again there was a landslide and the clearance work was underway. So. After more than an hour of timepass we started ahead. Got some tea along the way at a roadside dhaba. Then after that it was a smooth sail , next stop was patnitop.we had to go the long way and not direct via batote-pqtnitop road as it was slippery. So it meant an extra hour of travel. Finally reached Patnitop around 8 and got into the hotel , it was really cold there . In bhaderwah after the encounter with so much snow we forgot about the cold weather but it still was cold , we just got the hang of it. The hotel we stayed in wasn't at the hilltop rather a few kms down at a peaceful location away from the crowd. So after dinner it was again time to crash after yet another travelling day.....
The next day wasnt much happening so won't be bother sharing . It was just a short day trip to Mantalai and in the evening getting the train from Udhampur back home, where we belong.
In the end would like to conclude by saying that for me - "To Travel is to Live" .

jayant08

traveller
So by this I conclude my first travallogue on the forum. Any suggestions would be valuable.