Video: Ride to Alibagh

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Manas nice video, loved the song as well, which song was it? Btw were you riding through ghats when you shot this video?

Yea, lemme summarize.

I was riding through the ghat on the way to Alibagh. That video contains clips to and from Alibagh.

The Camera is a not-for-movies Canon A510 powershot.

I'm riding in fourth gear cos left hand was holding the camera which was very difficult to manouevre. The start/stop button is on the top right!!! Very very scary. That's why I'm riding like a sissy in there :D

If I pushed any more I would either:

1. Smash the cam.

2. Smash the bike + me.

I edited it pretty fast, but most time went in learning the basics of editing. Plus selecting a soundtrack :D

The quality of the vids is reduced though. Not much, but considerable.

EDIT: Forgot, the song is 'Sweet Emotion' by Aerosmith. Superb song.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I would say nicely executed and well edited. Btw I hope you had a neck strap on for your camera, riding and shooting video and taking photographs is tough work. But when the results are good, its all worth it :)

The cam didn't have a neck strap :D It was a wrist strap which I had promptly used, but it meant if I panicked and brought my hand on the handlbars without care, the cam would smash into the tank thus resulting in both the outcomes mentioned above. :D

It's fun though isn't it? I mean we hardly get to see Indian Bike vids (the one featured on BCM being a masterpiece in itself). Till the time we can't figure out how/where to mount the cameras on the bikes, why not do the next best thing and take low speed riding vids.

One things for sure, I"m hooked. :D

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
low speed? hehe, wait till you see some photos and videos from my side ;). btw get a cell phone neck strap its really useful.

darkside_of_d_sun

Staff member
Yogesh Sarkar said:
low speed? hehe, wait till you see some photos and videos from my side ;). btw get a cell phone neck strap its really useful.
Ahem..when are we hitting the Himachal roads again :D..

@PeePuu: Nice stuff :)

Cheers,
Shamik

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
The neck strap is effective up to a point, pick a good thick one. In case you need to let go of the cam it won?t fall if you have the neck strap on, this is the trick I and salil use when we want to shoot videos while riding.

Shamik, gonna be doing that in September as you already know. Game for it?

darkside_of_d_sun

Staff member
Till about Manali, I will try..there are a lot of factors as I have told you! I am just about walking properly now..no fever and the right leg feels better but is still weak!

Cheers,
Shamik