Viral Shocking Messages Facts/Fake on Social Media: Whatsapp, facebook etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by adsatinder, Jul 5, 2015.

1. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Viral Sach: क्या बाबा Ramdev London घुटनों की Surgery के लिए जा रहे हैं? देखिए- सच | ABP News Hindi

[​IMG]
    ABP NEWS HINDI

Published on May 2, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 2.6M
    Viral Sach: क्या बाबा Ramdev London घुटनों की Surgery के लिए जा रहे हैं? देखिए- सच

2. adsatinder

25 साल से शौच नहीं करने वाले व्यक्ति का वायरल सच

[​IMG]
    ABP NEWS HINDI

Published on Aug 30, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 2.6M
    25 साल से शौच नहीं करने वाले व्यक्ति का वायरल सच

3. adsatinder

Fact Check: Don't believe this emotional story from the City Of Joy

[​IMG]
    • Balkrishna
    • Arjun Deodia
    • New Delhi
    • October 5, 2018
    • UPDATED: October 5, 2018 21:34 IST
    [​IMG]

Picture of a young girl pulling a hand rickshaw with a frail old man sitting in the back, while some schoolboys look on, is being widely shared on the social media. But it is the message along with the picture which is really moving. It is being claimed that the girl is "an IAS topper introducing her father to people. A grand salute to her and her father".

On Facebook, most of the people are sharing the post that was put up by a Facebook page "Silchar Diary". The post has already been shared more than 32,000 times from this page alone at the time of filing this story.

[​IMG]

Congress leader and former union minister @ShashiTharoor is among the thousands of people who have shared it on twitter.

[​IMG]

India Today Fact Check Team found that the girl is neither an IAS topper nor her father a rickshaw puller. The story spun around the picture doing round on the social media is totally false.

India Today Fact Check Team found that the girl is neither an IAS topper nor her father a rickshaw puller. The story spun around the picture doing round on the social media is totally false.

A Google reverse search about the picture throws up many results where this picture has been used. Scanning through these results, we could reach the Instagram profile of the young girl who figures in the picture. Her name is Shramona Poddar and her Instagram handle is mishti.and.meat.

We reached out to Shramona Poddar and were able to speak to her over the phone. Shramona, who is currently travelling to Mumbai, told us that she is a travel blogger who also works on promotional assignments for some brands. She told us that she is a resident of Chandannagar near Kolkata and her father is a doctor. She certainly is not an IAS topper.

[​IMG]
    Instagram pic of Shramona.

Shramona told that this picture was shot in April this year at Shobabazar in North Kolkata and was clicked by her friend Bhaskar Chal, who is a freelance photographer. During that time, she was doing a campaign for the brand Wildcraft for Instagram and was shooting in different parts of Kolkata. A Wildcraft bag can be seen strapped over her shoulders.

Sharing with us the real story behind the picture, she said that she has grown up in Kolkata and the sight of a man pulling hand rickshaw with someone sitting behind, always evoked many emotions inside her. How would it feel? How difficult it must be? "That particular day, I decided to try it myself and requested the rickshaw puller uncle to sit behind as a rider. Pulling the hand rickshaw in the streets of Shobha Bazaar, while the onlookers saw me with awe, I quickly realised what a pain it is. My photographer friend Bhaskar clicked the picture while we were shooting in different parts of the story for a campaign for Wildcraft. Later on, I shared the whole story on Instagram," told Shramona. The story about the picture and that she shared can be read here.

Repost from @wildcraftin So here goes the story behind this. Since childhood, whenever I used to visit the north and central part of Calcutta essentially, I would feel sympathetic everytime I would spot a hand pulled rickshaw, thereby choosing not to use them. Until recently when my sympathy coincided with the realization that we're helping to earn their bread and butter only when we're taking a ride. So last time I was in Calcutta, the #wildcraftwildling in me decided to pull a handpull rickshaw instead, to see how difficult and strenuous it really is. I asked the rickshaw uncle to have a seat while I pulled him around on the streets of Shobhabazar, tickling the bell at intervals while the whole street stood and watched in awe. I realized though there's a lot of mechanism involved, it wasn't a piece of cake at all. All my years of inquistiveness transpired to salutation for the extreme precision and relentless efforts that go in during each trip made. Yet each day they wake up with the same enthusiasm to battle the odds. This spirit is what inspires me to be #ReadyforAnything. #GoStreet #kolkata #calcutta #calcuttacacaphony #travel #handpullrickshaw #wildcraft #adventure #kolkatatourism #MishtiAndMeatftWildcraft Photo by @bhaskar_0007

A post shared by Shramona Poddar (@mishti.and.meat) on Apr 25, 2018 at 9:07am PDT

Shramona is aware that her picture is being shared widely with a totally fictitious story. "It feels bad because it is also dragging my parents into it. They have even received calls regarding this false story," she rued.

If you have a story that looks suspicious, please share with us at [email protected].

Fact Check: Don't believe this emotional story from the City Of Joy

4. adsatinder

राहुल ग़ांधी के प्रधानमंत्री बनने तक दुकानों में उधारी बंद का वायरल सच

[​IMG]
    ABP NEWS HINDI

Published on Oct 17, 2018

A Reaction:
    BJP IT cell din raat yahi sab krte rahta hai

5. adsatinder

Viral News:
    Sharab Competition !

वायरल सच (17.10.2018): देखिए फुल एपिसोड | ABP News Hindi

[​IMG]
    ABP NEWS HINDI

Published on Oct 17, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 3.2M
    वायरल सच (17.10.2018): देखिए फुल एपिसोड | ABP News Hindi

6. adsatinder

7. adsatinder

Whatsapp users never click on these messages
     4 days ago  Share Post
    15 WhatsApp Click baits you should never fall for!! to the Adidas scam, fashion brand Zara’s free voucher is another WhatsApp scam. Once you click on the link provided it asks users for their personal details and contacts so that it could be used to make money from premium text messaging.
    15 WhatsApp Click baits you should never fall for!!
    WhatsApp has become the most popular texting platform and the credit goes to its user-friendly interface and the ease of texting it provides for all smartphone users, it has become one of the favorite tools of scamsters as well. WhatsApp has become an easy medium for hoax messages, phishing attacks and of course, fake news. Any false scheme which needs to target a large audience could easily use WhatsApp as a medium. Also, with WhatsApp groups, the situation is becoming worse every day as misinformation and scams spread quickly and people actually seem to believe and fall for it. Here are the most common messages that people receive via WhatsApp groups and in most cases, these messages are designed to provide personal information including banking details. The catchy phrase and bold fonts are catching users eyes. Here are 15 most common messages that you should never click on. Adidas shoe hoax message in which the company offers free shoes to us as a part of anniversary celebrations.

A viral WhatsApp message which asks users to click on a link to take part in the giveaway of 3,000 free Adidas shoes on the occasion of Adidas 93rd anniversary. Note that these are classic phishing attempts. Never ever click on these kinds of messages. Pizza Hut free large pizza message
    Another Phishing attempt, the link which promises us free pizzas.

Another Phishing attempt, the link which promises us free pizzas. Note that WhatsApp is a free messaging app for all and there is no official paid subscription-based version of WhatsApp. If you are receiving such message to subscribe to WhatsApp then please be assured that it’s a phishing attempt and do no click on any link in the message.
    A message offering free beer from Heineken.
    Just like Adidas, phishing attempts using beer brands are very popular on WhatsApp. Be very cautious and don’t click on any such random links. Message threatening you with Martinelli video which will crash your phone.
    Simply delete any such messages that you receive on WhatsApp which state that users shouldn’t open a video named Martinelli as it would hack their phones. It’s a harmless hoax and nothing happens after that. Change WhatsApp color message
    Another popular hoax message is the Change your WhatsApp color. There is no option to do so on the official app, so don’t fall for such messages.
    Amazon Big Billion sale offer phishing message
    Take advantage of the festive season sale several scam messages were circulated on WhatsApp to lure people in order to do phishing attack by offering Amazon shopping deals. Upgrade to WhatsApp Gold service message
    There is nothing called WhatsApp Gold service and if you receive any such messages then be aware it is a Hoax.WhatsApp Popcorn carnival videoLike the Martinelli video f you receive any such message regarding WhatsApp carnival, simply ignore as it is a hoax as well. Invitation to join new WhatsApp app for better features
    Never fall for messages with the invitations to third party fake WhatsApp versions. be aware that there are countless fake WhatsApp apps and always be sure to download the verified official app from a verified source.You can be tracked by simply clicking on a link to download an image on WhatsAppA stalker can easily guess your exact location just by sending you a multimedia file like an image or GIF on your WhatsApp. Never download any content from unknown senders. Flipkart Christmas carnival sale festival message
    This is another phishing attempt which asks users to click on a link and fill in a form to take part in a wrong Flipkart Christmas carnival sale. Like others this as well is a phishing attempt. Donation or e-darshan messages of popular religious sites
    If you receive messages on WhatsApp that asks you to donate for “e-darshan fees” of a popular religious place then be careful before clicking on the link as these are in many cases phishing attempt just in order to steal your banking or card information.

Whatsapp users never click on these messages