Voice Recording in MP3/MP4 Players

abhi1975

The Great Gambler
I have never used an IPod/pocket MP3/MP4 player. However now I'm thinking of getting one. What I want to know is, has anyone ever tried tried Voice Recording on them?? I think they support voice recording, right?? And can anyone tell me approx how many mins of normal voice recording is possible in a 1 GB MP3/4 player if we assume that there is no other data previously stored data??

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
I have Creative nano 1GB.
It can have 150 songs 5 minutes a song at 128kbps, which gives me 750 minutes.
Now If I record at 32kbps, its 750*4= 3000 minutes = 50 hours.

These do not have video recording only voice recording, or record from FM, or record from Aux-in

abhi1975

The Great Gambler
Thanx Tanveer. I will be using it for voice recording only and even if if I get 4-5 hours recording time then that's more than enough for me. Howz the recording quality?? Baad mein replay karke theek se sunai dega toh??

And a dumb question : Why recording @ 32 kbps, why not recording @ 128 Kbps ??

hiambuj

Staff member
I have never used an IPod/pocket MP3/MP4 player. However now I'm thinking of getting one. What I want to know is, has anyone ever tried tried Voice Recording on them?? I think they support voice recording, right?? And can anyone tell me approx how many mins of normal voice recording is possible in a 1 GB MP3/4 player if we assume that there is no other data previously stored data??
Thanx Tanveer. I will be using it for voice recording only and even if if I get 4-5 hours recording time then that's more than enough for me. Howz the recording quality?? Baad mein replay karke theek se sunai dega toh??

And a dumb question : Why recording @ 32 kbps, why not recording @ 128 Kbps ??
Abhi, writing mein Haklaa raha hai :p

abhi1975

The Great Gambler
Jaldi mein gadbaad ho gaya bhai :p Abhi nikalna padega, MOTUL 5100T, MP3/MP4 Player, Uniross Battery, etc etc. Long shopping list...............

Admin01

Administrator
Which mobile phone are you using? Most good one's have voice recording facility and enough memory to hold plenty of voice memos.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Most of the recording is mono, If you see normal mic also(hand held stage mic) its mono. Thats because we speak in mono.
Unlike music, human voice is limited in freqency variation, unless you plan to sing ballads, and then switch to baritones often.
So 64kbps is also an overkill for voice record applications.
As for how good is the recording, it all depends on how well you point the mic towards the source.

Creative now gives you 2GB for 60$, which I think is a bargain.
FM radio, voice recording, mp3 player... all in once.\
However if you only want to record voice, you will get one for 20-30$. Some take SD cards, so memory is expandable

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of the recording is mono, If you see normal mic also(hand held stage mic) its mono. Thats because we speak in mono.
Not everyone complies with this 'normal' decorum. Some are wont to let forth from other openings located much further South from the mouth! :grin: