Volvo B9R

tejes88

Sorry for late reply Tejes :) Thank you anyways mate.. I would try to put up a review of Kallada Volvo B9R once I get back to Poona. I had a near continuous journey from Poona to Kerala over the last 3 days and its gonna be the same for return Kerala-Poona :)
No issue doctor. Just waiting for your crispy reviews. I am much more interested on Goa - Mangalore as I never tried in Volvo. Enjoy your stay in God's own country

Naresh pandi

Naresh pandian
please remove kallada from your list
BGLR-COCHIN(9:00am) service -Rs 1350
BGLR-COCHIN(Night service)-1000,1100Rs
BGLR-COCHIN(VOLVO SLEEPER)-1400RS
so day charges are more than night.
Thanks for ur correction.But before some months when i saw in their site they fare is reduced in morning service.
Might not be now:)

dj soul

SAURABH
Vrl volvo b9r prakash built

vrl volvo b9r prakash built sleeper

IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg

vrl was facing insulation problems at rear berths with their veera built volvo sleepers , so they deicded to go with prakash this time ...!!!

- - - Updated - - -

SHARMA TRAVELS

TRAVELED IN this bus from nanded to mumbai(borivali) ...was very much impressed by their serivce....

this operator has a independent bus stand at nanded with all the amenities and best maintained SUTLEJ buses in their fleet with daily check ups and claen and neat buses

DSCN2521.jpg

dhildhinu

Sir the second bus which you have posted is coimbatore chennai B11r of KPN it does two services per say 1.00PM and 10.30PM.It is an awesome service except for poor legspace as it has 53 seats + driver birth without any calf support.best maintained beauty o0f KPN. The benz used to run on salem-chennai now its running coimbatore-chennai..day time they charge 660 and for night 10.PM departure they charge 975 same bus same service. Dono why there's such a differnce.
no its not b11r kovai .its new chennai -erode service with new timings.

manu

Ernakulam-Chennai-Ernakulam Trip
Did an exciting trip from Ernkulam to Chennai and back last weekend. Actually I am in a training assignment at Infopark for 2 weeks and there are two weekends in the middle hence the trip. Finally broke the Scania jinx as I traveled last night from Chennai to Ernakulam on Parveen's beauty. Scania was amazing and the journey was awesome. For teasers I'm doing the same leg next weekend on multiaxle's.

Ernakulam Chennai was done on Suresh Kallada's 17:30 service via Pondy. The pickup time at Kalamassery was 17:50 and I reached there by 17:30 itself. There were no signs of the bus and I got a call from Kallada saying that it would be there in 10mts - but to no avail. Finally at 18:35 the B9R arrived and departed immediately. I had booked A1 right behind the driver. Driving was quick and there were pickups on the way. Stopped at a hotel at around 22:00 for dinner and it lasted till 22:30. Dozed off after that and when I woke at around 6am, I could see that we were on ECR. Finally got dropped at Kotivakkam at 7:40am. So a total journey time of 13hrs 10mts. The B9R was the red KL 45 H 1650.

Now coming to the return journey on Scania. Was very excited as this was my first journey and had a couple of misses on Scania travel. I had booked my ticket in advance (seat V4) and selected boarding point as Thiruvanmyur. Time was 18:30 but as I was on my way, got a call at 18:10 saying that the bus is waiting. So quickly crossed and boarded the griffin. As usual one guy was just on time despite the driver calling and informing him earlier. This made the driver a bit irritated but he did no show it on the drive. Left sharp at 18:33 and the power of the griffin was just amazing. As we were waiting, Kallada's yellow B9R crossed us. After Uthandi Toll, the driver was constantly doing 80 to 90km/hr. Dinner halt happened sharp at 19:30 at Hotel Mamalla just before Mahabalipuram. It lasted for 30mts and we started before Kallada. From them he was doing good speeds and touched 100km/hr at several instances. Entered Pondy at 21:40 and stopped at Parveen's office. Boarding took about 15mts and departed with a full load (atleast till Coimbatore) at 22:10. Dozed off after Villianur on the road to Villupuram. At Pondy, couple of passengers were asking the driver about the arrival time - he answered coolly for example a guy had to get down at Salem and he said it would reach by 12:30am, another lady had to get down at Coimbatore and he said between 3:45am to 4:15am. Eventhough I knew the driver (he was a regular on Chennai-Madurai Merc), I didnt want to ask him. At around 3:15am the lights were turned on and we had entered Coimbatore. One guy alighted at PSG and it was 3:25am (way ahead of schedule). Dropped few more at Gandhipuram and the lady wanted to be dropped at JM Bakery so went there and dropped her. The drivers told her that they would wait till someone picks her up but she said it was ok and so we left at 3:45am. Real concern for passengers and awesome customer service. Refueling happened at a bulk after ettimadai and it was around 4am I guess - I may be wrong with the exact time but it wasnt beyond 4:10am. Dropped of some passengers at Thrissur bypass - did not note the time. A few passengers were dropped at Thrissur bypass and the time was 5:30am. I still had not clue when I would reach Kalamassery. Crossed Aluva at 6:20am and finally was dropped at Kalamassery at 6:40am. Exactly 12hr 10mts from Thiruvanmyur. The griffin rocks, the crew were amazing. What more does one need.

And ya next week making the same trip - onward by Kallada 17:30 B9R and return by "The Griffin".
nice review...you can also try on UNIVERSAL .

thangaraj2

Nice clikz

- - - Updated - - -

Nice pictures sir..:)
can u mention the timing ??
[MENTION=18164]vignesh[/MENTION] nice clikz as usual:)
Naresh
SRS chennai - nagarcoil Departure time 10.00PM - koyambedu
KPN Chennai - Tirunelveli Dep time 9.30 - Koyambedu
SRM Chennai - Trivandrum dep time 9.15 - koyambedu

Pic clicked by morning 6 - 7 AM in Kovilpatti Bypass

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
no its not b11r kovai .its new chennai -erode service with new timings.
Sir AFAIK kpn has only two B11Rs red colured and golden colured.Both run between coimbatore and chennai with stops at tirupur(avinashi),erode(chithode) and salem(van to salem byepass). This service is running for a long time and not a new one.I'm damn sure as i used to be a regular in this.

chandan_bp

Re: Vrl volvo b9r prakash built

View attachment 593326View attachment 593327View attachment 593328View attachment 593329View attachment 593330View attachment 593331View attachment 593332

vrl was facing insulation problems at rear berths with their veera built volvo sleepers , so they deicded to go with prakash this time ...!!!

- - - Updated - - -

SHARMA TRAVELS

TRAVELED IN this bus from nanded to mumbai(borivali) ...was very much impressed by their serivce....

this operator has a independent bus stand at nanded with all the amenities and best maintained SUTLEJ buses in their fleet with daily check ups and claen and neat buses

View attachment 593343
imho,usage of an single curtain for both upper and lower berths is an bad idea

starx

Ernakulam-Chennai-Ernakulam Trip
Did an exciting trip from Ernkulam to Chennai and back last weekend. Actually I am in a training assignment at Infopark for 2 weeks and there are two weekends in the middle hence the trip. Finally broke the Scania jinx as I traveled last night from Chennai to Ernakulam on Parveen's beauty. Scania was amazing and the journey was awesome. For teasers I'm doing the same leg next weekend on multiaxle's.

Ernakulam Chennai was done on Suresh Kallada's 17:30 service via Pondy. The pickup time at Kalamassery was 17:50 and I reached there by 17:30 itself. There were no signs of the bus and I got a call from Kallada saying that it would be there in 10mts - but to no avail. Finally at 18:35 the B9R arrived and departed immediately. I had booked A1 right behind the driver. Driving was quick and there were pickups on the way. Stopped at a hotel at around 22:00 for dinner and it lasted till 22:30. Dozed off after that and when I woke at around 6am, I could see that we were on ECR. Finally got dropped at Kotivakkam at 7:40am. So a total journey time of 13hrs 10mts. The B9R was the red KL 45 H 1650.

Now coming to the return journey on Scania. Was very excited as this was my first journey and had a couple of misses on Scania travel. I had booked my ticket in advance (seat V4) and selected boarding point as Thiruvanmyur. Time was 18:30 but as I was on my way, got a call at 18:10 saying that the bus is waiting. So quickly crossed and boarded the griffin. As usual one guy was just on time despite the driver calling and informing him earlier. This made the driver a bit irritated but he did no show it on the drive. Left sharp at 18:33 and the power of the griffin was just amazing. As we were waiting, Kallada's yellow B9R crossed us. After Uthandi Toll, the driver was constantly doing 80 to 90km/hr. Dinner halt happened sharp at 19:30 at Hotel Mamalla just before Mahabalipuram. It lasted for 30mts and we started before Kallada. From them he was doing good speeds and touched 100km/hr at several instances. Entered Pondy at 21:40 and stopped at Parveen's office. Boarding took about 15mts and departed with a full load (atleast till Coimbatore) at 22:10. Dozed off after Villianur on the road to Villupuram. At Pondy, couple of passengers were asking the driver about the arrival time - he answered coolly for example a guy had to get down at Salem and he said it would reach by 12:30am, another lady had to get down at Coimbatore and he said between 3:45am to 4:15am. Eventhough I knew the driver (he was a regular on Chennai-Madurai Merc), I didnt want to ask him. At around 3:15am the lights were turned on and we had entered Coimbatore. One guy alighted at PSG and it was 3:25am (way ahead of schedule). Dropped few more at Gandhipuram and the lady wanted to be dropped at JM Bakery so went there and dropped her. The drivers told her that they would wait till someone picks her up but she said it was ok and so we left at 3:45am. Real concern for passengers and awesome customer service. Refueling happened at a bulk after ettimadai and it was around 4am I guess - I may be wrong with the exact time but it wasnt beyond 4:10am. Dropped of some passengers at Thrissur bypass - did not note the time. A few passengers were dropped at Thrissur bypass and the time was 5:30am. I still had not clue when I would reach Kalamassery. Crossed Aluva at 6:20am and finally was dropped at Kalamassery at 6:40am. Exactly 12hr 10mts from Thiruvanmyur. The griffin rocks, the crew were amazing. What more does one need.

And ya next week making the same trip - onward by Kallada 17:30 B9R and return by "The Griffin".
Nice review Satish
Ernakulam to Chennai you can try Parveen Travels

pras06

Re: Vrl volvo b9r prakash built

View attachment 593326View attachment 593327View attachment 593328View attachment 593329View attachment 593330View attachment 593331View attachment 593332

- - - Updated - - -
Does anyone know why VRL has stickered Tourist vehicle in most of its buses? Is there any tax benefit?