Volvo B9R

dozerbull

=============
===========
This is called overconfidence, waiting for disaster to happen. Never ever lift your hands off steering wheel while driving. One of the reason for accident is overconfidence [apart from overspeeding and over loading].
I've experienced KSRTC ACC been driven in Cruise mode in Bangalore-Chennai day service. That's when KSRTC b9r were introduced, The driver was saying in cruise control we dont need to touch anything the bus goes automatically.

krupakarmn

I've experienced KSRTC ACC been driven in Cruise mode in Bangalore-Chennai day service. That's when KSRTC b9r were introduced, The driver was saying in cruise control we dont need to touch anything the bus goes automatically.
Yes, i had also observed the same when i travelled from Chennai to Bangalore on ACC afternoon service few years back, The KSRTC Bliss service was cancelled and an ACC B9R was sent instead.The driver had both is legs below his seat and driving comfortably, but he was very unhappy with volvo headlights.

krupakarmn

:tonqe:
+++++++++++++++++
All were prior to speed lock era.
Forget SRS plying at 120 kmph on 4-lane road - Kesineni on Hyderabad-Mangalore 2 lane roads with 300+ speed breakers used to fly at 120-130 kmph. Shortest time covered from Hyderabad to Hubli - 7 hours.
Hubli to Manipal 4 hour 15 minutes [This timing even Taxi of coastal karnataka were stunned to hear the timings]. But yes I have travelled in these buses.
KA01AA3317
KA01AA3318
Orange Kesineni - I have got lots of memories.
Good old days :tonqe:

krupakarmn

=============
on 4 or 6 lane highway except for 10% of time; there is no change between Manual and Auto mode.
-------

===========
This is called overconfidence, waiting for disaster to happen. Never ever lift your hands off steering wheel while driving. One of the reason for accident is overconfidence [apart from overspeeding and over loading].
---------

==========
I do not think other Volvo or Scania [apart from Shirdi service], KSRTC has opened up to 100 kmph.
There were some B7R buses with faulty setting were flying till 110-120 kmph, but showing 90 kmph on the speedo. I myself had validated it.
Yes, defnitely shirdi service is not locked below 100, last week the first driver was admonishing the second driver for continuously running the bus around 100 as they also need to take care of mileage.The third driver was running the bus constantly around 90 - 100 between bankapur toll and tumkur.All three were very experience drivers.

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Been away from travelling by bus since last 8 to 9 months or so since I am myself driving down to places far and wide atleast once in a month. However I am aware of all the developments happening around when it comes to buses. The biggest sensation in Maharashtra at present is the launching spree of MSRTC SHIVSHAHI AC buses on various routes across the length and breadth of the state and what I am constantly acknowledging is that they have been able to garner a huge success on whichever route they are deploying these buses. Almost once in every 3 days, since last 6 months, a Shivshahi gets a new route to ply in Maharashtra. What more, most routes usually get atleast 2 Shivshahi schedules - one for the day and another night. Some routes have multiple schedules ( 20+ ) running through the day -> highest being Pune--Nasik (45 ) followed by Pune--Kolhapur (30) , Pune--Sangli and Pune--Solapur in that order. If I get down to list all the current routes of Shivshahi in Maharashtra, it might take atleast 2 hours to scan and pen it down here. Pune, undoubtedly remains the hub of Shivshahi buses in MH, with 90% buses plying to and from Pune. Each and every major city of Maharashtra is presently connected to Pune by atleast 1 AC Shivshahi schedule per day ( many have multiple schedules as well ). Mumbai too has been connected but far lesser as compared to Pune, however in coming days, many new routes are expected to get launched as MSRTC plans to induct a whopping 2000 AC Shivshahi buses in the next 6 months or so. Most of these will be sourced by private operators though.

Five of the interstate routes where Shivshahi AC buses are running presently are-
1. Nanded--Hyderabad ( 6 schedules per day )
2. Nagpur--Hyderabad ( 1 schedule per day )
3. Ambejogai--Hyderabad ( 2 schedules per day )
4. Pune--Panjim ( 5 schedules per day )
5. Kolhapur--Hyderabad ( 1 night schedule launched today ).

All the buses running presently are semisleeper 2*2 versions, however MSRTC reportedly has already procured a couple of AC sleepers and the grand launch of the same on interstate and intrastate routes is eagerly awaited. MSRTC is finally doing a commendable job and I wish them a huge success in all their endeavours.

krupakarmn

Last saturday night saw 3 shivshai parked in Shirdi busstand.Pune Shirdi route.Yes, i also noticed the huge increase in the number of shivshaahi buses between kolhapur pune and kolhapur ahmednagar.