Volvo B9R

HRSH

Last two weekends had to travel back to back and all of them were in Evacay. Here is a short review of the trips:

Chennai to Tirunelveli (Evacay Chennai-Trivandrum B11r)
Departure (Sch/Act): 8:30 pm/8:30 pm
Arrival (Sch/Act): 5 am/5:25 am

Bus arrived around 8:20 pm near the cmbt office. Boarding was pretty quick, since on that day the evening service was rescheduled to 8:30 pm. So two buses were to depart at same time. Myself got the KA registered one. Started bang at 8:30 pm from cmbt. The pilot on wheel was ex IJT driver. He maintained good pace throughout without being rash. As usual during the weekend, we were struck in the perungulathur traffic. Started after passenger pickup from perungulathur at 9:30 pm. There were couple of pickups in vandaloor, guduvanchery, mahindra city. We finally crossed Chengelpet toll at 10:10 pm. Here after the traffic thinned and driver started cruising at good speed. Below is the time line of the trip:
Attur toll: 10:54 pm
Vikravandi toll: 11:29 pm
Sengurichi toll: 12:12 am
Thirumandurai toll: 12:50 am
Chithampatti toll: 2:57 am
Tirumangalam toll: 3:44 am
Etturvattam toll: 4:23 am
Kayathar toll: 4:56 am
Tirunelveli New Bus stand: 5:25 am
There were two breaks in the trip, one after vikravandi toll for bio break and the other at Madurai ring road, near to Airport for driver change. Overall had comfortable and speedy journey.

Pathanamthitta to Chennai (Evacay Pathanamthitta-Chennai B11r)
Departure (Sch/Act): 3:15 pm/3:15 pm
Arrival (Sch/Act): 7 am(cmbt)/5:25 am (Porur toll)

Started exactly at 3:15 pm from pathanamthitta. There were pickups in Tiruvalla, Kottayam, Ettumanur, Ernakulam. Since it was sunday, we were reaching all the pickup points 10-15 mins earlier. But at some pickup points passengers turned up only at the scheduled time. We stopped for dinner break near angamally. We started after break around 8 pm. Reached thrissur mannuthy bypass pickup point around 9:05 pm. This was the last pickup and from hereon the run was non stop. Since sunday, we also skipped coimbatore. Both drivers maintained good average speeds. The drive was fast but there were no harsh breaking or lane changes. Near to Salem i slipped to sleep and wokeup when lights were swichted on and the cleaner was calling for passengers alighting at perungulathur. Finally i was dropped of in porur toll at 5:25 am.

Chennai to Coimbatore (Evacay Chenna-Coimbatore BB Sleeper)
Departure (CMBT) (Sch/Act): 9 pm/9 pm
Arrival (Gandhipuram) (Sch/Act): 6 am/5:10 am

Reached CMBT Evacay office around 8:25 pm. Trivandrum B11r was preparing to depart. Aroud 8:50 pm the sleeper bound to Coimbatore arrived. The interiors and exteriors were maintained good. A blanket and 500 ml water bottle were kept on the berth. Entertainment system was present and a movie was played. Charger point was of USB type and it was kept on throughout the trip. We started exactly at 9 pm from cmbt. As we neared perungulathur i slipped to sleep. Wokeup when the cleaner announced bio break. Time was around 1 am and we were on the ullundurpet-kallakurichi road. The break lasted for 10 mins and driver change happened here. After the break again i drifted to sleep and wokeup when cleaner called for passenegrs alighting at hopes. Finally i was dropped off near Gandhipuram bus stand at 5:10 am. The ride was smooth and comfortable. Only con which i felt was the flow of AC. It was kept at full blow. Even after closing the vents the flow was present through the side vents and it was quite unbearable midway.

Thrissur to Chennai (Evacay Pathanamthitta-Chennai B11r)
Departure (Sch/Act): 9:10 pm/9:05 pm
Arrival (Sch/Act): 7 am(cmbt)/5:10 am (cmbt)

On the day of travel received a call around 8:20 pm from the crew asking me to reach the boarding point by 9 pm since the bus was running early. Bus arrived around 9:03 pm and we started at 9:05 pm from thrissur. The drive was sedate till we crossed kuthiran. Once past kuthiran the dirver let the beast loose. We had a pickup from palakkad bypass. Once after the pickup the lights were turned off and we were crusing at good speed. We pulled into a tea shop past sankari for a loo break cum driver change. Second driver was ex bharathi pilot. From the word go he hitted speed in the three digit range and maintained constant drive. Once past salem i slipped to sleep and vaguely remembered us crossed kallakurichi. Wokeup when the cleaner came up to alert my co-passenger about his drop point (Maraimalai nagar). Again i slipped to sleep and wokeup when the lights were turned on and the cleaner announced the arrival of perungulathur. I looked at my watch and time was 4:45 am. I was finally dropped off at CMBT office at 5:10 am. This is my fastest ever travel between thrissur and chennai.

View attachment 758278

View attachment 758279

View attachment 758280

View attachment 758281
Good reviews Buzfan.
Reading your reviews reminds me of SRM back in its golden days !

Haldex

Got these pics in Apsrtc Facebook page and picture credit to its owners. Vennela Bharat Benz Capella sleeper coaches.

49064717_2915986461760895_967713740185141248_o.jpg

48415094_2915802491779292_7895425220457005056_o.jpg

Haldex

Got these pics in Apsrtc Facebook page and picture credit to its owners. Vennela Bharat Benz Capella sleeper coaches.

48968196_2915802328445975_749291292856418304_o.jpg

48414115_2915802501779291_1543589436338470912_o.jpg

moto143

Last two weekends had to travel back to back and all of them were in Evacay. Here is a short review of the trips:

C

Thrissur to Chennai (Evacay Pathanamthitta-Chennai B11r)
Departure (Sch/Act): 9:10 pm/9:05 pm
Arrival (Sch/Act): 7 am(cmbt)/5:10 am (cmbt)

On the day of travel received a call around 8:20 pm from the crew asking me to reach the boarding point by 9 pm since the bus was running early. Bus arrived around 9:03 pm and we started at 9:05 pm from thrissur. The drive was sedate till we crossed kuthiran. Once past kuthiran the dirver let the beast loose. We had a pickup from palakkad bypass. Once after the pickup the lights were turned off and we were crusing at good speed. We pulled into a tea shop past sankari for a loo break cum driver change. Second driver was ex bharathi pilot. From the word go he hitted speed in the three digit range and maintained constant drive. Once past salem i slipped to sleep and vaguely remembered us crossed kallakurichi. Wokeup when the cleaner came up to alert my co-passenger about his drop point (Maraimalai nagar). Again i slipped to sleep and wokeup when the lights were turned on and the cleaner announced the arrival of perungulathur. I looked at my watch and time was 4:45 am. I was finally dropped off at CMBT office at 5:10 am. This is my fastest ever travel between thrissur and chennai.
Wow Thrissur to Chennai( 620 kms) in 8 hrs is crazy in a bus. They must have done serious pace to cover the distance in such short duration. All credit goes to the drivers.I did the same trip on my car last month and it took me almost 10 hours with 1 and half hours of break. I was maintaining 120 kph throughout the trip.

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
Wow Thrissur to Chennai( 620 kms) in 8 hrs is crazy in a bus. They must have done serious pace to cover the distance in such short duration. All credit goes to the drivers.I did the same trip on my car last month and it took me almost 10 hours with 1 and half hours of break. I was maintaining 120 kph throughout the trip.
Yes that too with a speed lock. As usual awesome reviews Anand bro @Buzfan .

sudhirpsg

Earn to live don't live to earn.
Had some 4 journeys in Evacay(after the Bangalore MB run). 3 of them were with their BB sleeper and the same bus. PY 01 CT 2730. Will provide a short description on just arrival and departure.
Journey 1 : Gandhi Jayanthi long weekend from Chennai.
Departure(Sch/Actual): 9 PM /9.08 (PM) one of my friend was delayed.
Arrival(Sch/Actual): 6 AM / 5.30 AM
Great run considering the long weekend traffic. Driver properly like sleeper and speed was maintained between 85-90 KMPH.
Journey 2: Friday Night from Chennai
Departure- Perungalathur(Sch/Actual): 9.45 PM/ 10.15 PM
Arrival(Sch/Actual) : 6 AM/5.15 AM
Journey 3 : the 3rd Combination a normal weekday :p
Departure(Sch/Actual): 9PM/9PM
Arrival(Sch/Actual): 6 AM/ 4.40 AM

All my three BB journeys have been a comfortable one few of the cons i noticed was i felt BB Pickup was not as fast as AL and also the engine noise. Suspension was definitely improved. I wish Evacay has got their Sleepers with Back rest. Otherwise journey was absolutely comfortable,punctual with polite crews and such a sleep friendly driving. Vehicle was slowed down properly for all the bridge and zero rash cuts. Perfect for Comfortable journey and assured punctuality. Will blindly take this any day if the standards are maintained and highly recommended.

The one with the Volvo:
Route : Coimbatore - Chennai (Actual Pathanamthitta - Chennai)
Coimbatore Arrival (Sch/Actual) : 11.30 PM / 11.15 PM
Coimbatore Departure (Sch/Actual) : 11.30 PM/11.30 PM
Chennai Arrival in Perungalathur (Sch/Actual) : 6.30 AM /5.25 AM

Side Note : 20th Journey with Evacay

First Multi Axle journey with Evacay on this route after the version 2.0. Bus arrived in Coimbatore Boarding point before Scheduled time and waited for passengers and departed sharp at 11.30 PM. The Warm white interiors looked so good on the Volvo. Driver was ex Bharathi Driver Mr.Sasi and Second Driver was Ex-SRM Pilot Mr.Muthukumar. He was with Evacay from beginning i guess. A special appreciation must be given to Evacay for their Crew Recruitment everyone looks very much comfortable handling the bus. Driver quickly attained 100 KMPH and constantly did 100-105 KMPH. Was just comfortably cruising without any unnecessary moves. Minimal honking and proper headlight flashing before overtakes. Reached Sankagiri toll at 1am and had around 10-15m bio break cum driver change. Second driver continued exact same style of driving and cautious in the 2/4 lane changes between Salem-Ulundurpet stretch. Finally got dropped in Perungalathur at 5.25 AM. Another Super Good journey. Hope they maintain this forever and become successful this time around.

TLDR : Had some amazing back to back journeys filled with punctuality , luxury and most importantly comfort. Will continue to prefer them unless they don't exist in the route or else I wish to try different operators.

One request if someone from Management is there : Please release the first row seats for male :p It is completely blocked for female.

scania surfer

Of late had many journeys between hosur and Chennai (mostly Evacay)
The Volvo's are real good..but their MB lost it's shine.

I usually book the 6:40pm bus to Chennai (hosur timing). In all 3 times the bus arrived at the stop around 7pm and the drop is 11:45pm (probably the only instances were Evacay reaching destination past the scheduled time). The last journey I had to seat in the last 2 rows and it was real loud.. tough to sleep conditions..

One journey I need to mention:
RKK travels: Chennai to Hosur
Date: 24.12.18
Time 4:15AM

I had sudden plan to Hosur and when I checked RKK had seats in the front and so booked it.. I was sceptical about the journey. But I was proved wrong right from first.

Around 3:40am I got call from RKK team about the confirmation of my journey. I reached the koyembedu office at 3:50am and the bus too arrived. The boarding started quickly. We waited a few mins for 3 passengers, meanwhile driver asked their office to update other pickup points about the timing. After pickup from rohini theatre we started at 4:10am. Reached maduravoyil. The passenger was delayed but he argued not to come quickly before scheduled timing.

Water bottle and biscuits were provided. The main thing I remember is the way the driver spoke on phone to customers. That English and politeness... Wow.. The lights were switched off.. the bus started to pull.. it was so comfortable and silent and we were zipping past everything . Reached hosur by 8am. Just th

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapata

dozerbull

Of late had many journeys between hosur and Chennai (mostly Evacay)

One journey I need to mention:
RKK travels: Chennai to Hosur
Date: 24.12.18
Time 4:15AM
RKK's 4.15 Am service from Bangalore is a nonstop one. I've witnessed in Vellore they arrive correctly between 06.45 to 07.00 am. RKK is now becoming to be tried list for me. The trick is RKK & Evacay both start from Madiwala Police station rather from Madiwala thus escaping the traffic. That's why they are able to achieve the timings.