Volvo B9R

binaiks

+++++++++++++
Build quality is good.
I read in Facebook these buses are brought by Orange Travels!
Hope to see them shortly on road in Hyderabad.
People may complain of boxy design; well the designs looks good for me.

Will these buses also be delivered to KSRTC? As there is white color!
Binaiks or Bisawajit, any idea?
Both the buses are for Orange. KSRTC is to get Sleeper coaches built at PBC (Celeste), not these, from what I could understand.

deepam

Super User
Both the buses are for Orange. KSRTC is to get Sleeper coaches built at PBC (Celeste), not these, from what I could understand.
+++++++++
I was told PBC is not building the KSRTC Sleeper. I am not sure this was correct.
Just curious who is building it and can the buses be available by April / May 2019??

binaiks

+++++++++
I was told PBC is not building the KSRTC Sleeper. I am not sure this was correct.
Just curious who is building it and can the buses be available by April / May 2019??
The Volvo sales guys said the chassis has been delivered to PBC, and they are expected to be delivered by Late-March/Early-April. We cannot, however, rule out the possibility of some chassis being diverted to MG at a later date, but its too early to speculate.

+++++++++++++++
Binaiks,
Were you by chance invited for this event [MG Starz Launch], yesterday?
I don't know if it was "by chance". But I did attend the MG Starz launch event.

deepam

Super User
The Volvo sales guys said the chassis has been delivered to PBC, and they are expected to be delivered by Late-March/Early-April. We cannot, however, rule out the possibility of some chassis being diverted to MG at a later date, but its too early to speculate.

I don't know if it was "by chance". But I did attend the MG Starz launch event.
+++++++++++++++++++
I just saw the photos captured by you of the event.
Someone had asked about the dashboard pic of MG Starz in this forum. So you have captured and I am posting your photo link:
https://flic.kr/p/QRqSLF
Looks like MG Alma has made enough standardization of internal parts between Dreamz and Starz.
I agree that the Starz individual controls seems to be different from Dreamz.

binaiks

Looks like MG Alma has made enough standardization of internal parts between Dreamz and Starz.
I agree that the Starz individual controls seems to be different from Dreamz.
"Enough" is an understatement. Except the front and rear panels, and the dashboard, everything else, I repeat, EVERYTHING is common between a Dreamz and a Starz - infact, its exactly the same structure, the same panels, the same glasses, the same berths and the same overhead consoles. In fact, even the Scania sleeper that they had built had the same panels. So MG has worked a lot on having the same panels - makes their production line swifter and efficient, and helps the customer get parts easier.

pypkmsrikanth

So we will evolve like elsewhere in the globe, the coach builder's credentials will slowly come into equation. Volvo / Scania chassis with multiple vendors to choose from to build upon. Good to see MG take the lead in looking into the future and structuring their set up
"Enough" is an understatement. Except the front and rear panels, and the dashboard, everything else, I repeat, EVERYTHING is common between a Dreamz and a Starz - infact, its exactly the same structure, the same panels, the same glasses, the same berths and the same overhead consoles. In fact, even the Scania sleeper that they had built had the same panels. So MG has worked a lot on having the same panels - makes their production line swifter and efficient, and helps the customer get parts easier.