Volvo B9R

Haldex

No. There are close to 100 Ambaris, so its impossible to replace all Ambaris with Multi-Sleepers. From what I heard, they'd be getting front engine AC Sleeper buses shortly. Multi-sleepers would be a premium offering, as a class above Ambari.
Hi Binaiks, Is there a specific reason why they are getting front engine A/C buses instead of Corona Sleeper???

deepam

Super User
No. There are close to 100 Ambaris, so its impossible to replace all Ambaris with Multi-Sleepers. From what I heard, they'd be getting front engine AC Sleeper buses shortly. Multi-sleepers would be a premium offering, as a class above Ambari.
++++++++++++++
May be couple of Ambaari's would see an upgrade and for rest could be replaced with Front engine Sleepers from VEERA or PRAKASH.
Corona Sleepers are very unreliable.
Mangalore-Hyderabad Corona Sleeper was pulled out and diverted to Mangalore - Bangalore. The unexpected breakdowns are comparatively higher.
Similarly Davanagere - Hyderabad Ambaari Sleeper is replaced with ACC B11R.

Last time during Aug 2018 I traveled in Sleeper Ambaari and I was not happy with the journey.

deepam

Super User

binaiks

++++++++++++++
May be couple of Ambaari's would see an upgrade and for rest could be replaced with Front engine Sleepers from VEERA or PRAKASH.
Corona Sleepers are very unreliable.
Mangalore-Hyderabad Corona Sleeper was pulled out and diverted to Mangalore - Bangalore. The unexpected breakdowns are comparatively higher.
Similarly Davanagere - Hyderabad Ambaari Sleeper is replaced with ACC B11R.

Last time during Aug 2018 I traveled in Sleeper Ambaari and I was not happy with the journey.
I've generally been happy with Ambaris - I've not had a breakdown, and they've generally been good. Some of the Ambaaris might get upgraded, but from what I know its mostly seater buses that would get replaced with Multi-axle sleepers.

+++++++++++++
Facebook comment read these buses are having MH31 or MH40 registration @ Nagpur and expected to run on Nagpur - Pune. Which my opinion is already overcrowded.
Another facebook comment stated it is expected to run on Hyderabad - Coimbatore route.
While facebook speculations cannot be taken to face value, I do hear that there is a possibility of Nagpur-Hyderabad service. There are grapevines about Hyderabad-Ernakulam getting Starz as well.

deepam

Super User
Orange Travels is already plying PBC Celeste B11R Sleeper bus between Pune and Nagpur. Both ends departing at 7 PM.
Another schedule at 6PM is shown but this is shown as SOLD OUT. Tickets are not open for booking.

deepam

Super User
So Orange Travels is operating PBC Celeste Volvo B11R Sleeper buses christened as "Platinum Sleeper Class" on:
  1. Hyderabad - Bhubasneswar [retained since launch]
  2. Hyderabad - Ernakulam
  3. Bengaluru - Mumbai
  4. Bengaluru - Pune
  5. Bengaluru - Vizag [Short terminated Bhubaneswar service]
  6. Chennai - Vizag
  7. Pune - Ahmedabad
  8. Pune - Nagpur
Did I miss any?

So there are 16 PBC Celeste Volvo B11R Sleeper. May be the only operator in India to have this many buses.

2 more of Starz build.