Volvo B9R

HRSH

Good pics ,the vehicle looks good !
But, damn those skeletal side view mirrors spoil the looks!
I hate too much of plastic inside these buses because nutwitted halfcracks will spoil these, or atleast degrade them.
Educated folks will behave decently and those who are not that literate, I know will shyaway from toying with what is inside ! However dumb heads and show offs will spoil them !
Let us hope they bring it down south too !

HRSH

TranzKing - Chennai to Tirunelveli -Vice versa

Booked 02-28-2019 through Tranzking app got 500 rs offer. Applied the offer only 91 rs deducted from original ticket. Now revised fare is 851 L14. 9.45 marthandam dep. bus half filled and started 9.45 dot from Tranzking office. stopped near porur toll gate and couple of passengers joined. bus was good speed we had pick up in PGL, Vandalor,Maraimalai nagar stopped first break after chenglpt toll. We overtook madurai bound sleeper SETC and couple of new SETC one is towards Rameshwaram. break last more than 30 mints then we started along with SMS sleeper, hebron sleeper TAT and Vignesh sleeper. Vignesh TAT overtook us. then SRM MULTI SLEEPER OVERTOOK US.over bus constantly maintained 90+. we reached 2.25 Balaji hotel near trichy. then second driver took the wheel. he was sedate. we were overtaken by couple of SETC one is point to Point 180v. one SETC bound to Marthandam. he was very rash driving. bus stopped 6.50 near kayathar tollgate hotel. I saw the SETC which over taken us driver smiled and exchange some words to our driver. i got dropped nellai new bus stand 7.45. over all good journey.
Average running time!
Main aim was to make you sleep peacefully it seems !

HRSH

Tirunelveli to chennai - Transzking - 10.15pm

Same bus i booked on Saturday night same price. same seat L14. bus got full in nellai. boarding was apple tree hotel.bus was driven very high speed we reached 2.30am trichy bye pass and 3.45 ulundurpet(little traffic due to accident). vandaloor 6.30. CMBT 7.25am. overall very good journey. overtook plenty of travels. we were overtaken by KKR, SRM,Orange
Good timings indeed !
Has interior quality reduced or is it still the same ?

HRSH

Trip Review: Chennai-Neyyatingara-Nagercoil-Chennai

It has been long since i traveled to the nanjil sector. IIRC my last trip in this sector was during May last year. Since then many new operator entered the this sector and i was longing for an opportunity to travel. An opportunity came in the form of a relative's wedding. Recently heard about a new entrant named Neevee travels operating volvo service between Chennai and Trivandrum. Happy news was that its starting point in Chennai was Avadi, which was close to where i reside in Chennai. Heard the service was doing good, so without any second thought booked a ticket in this guy. Return was also planned in the same guy, but due to some changes in plan, cancelled the ticket in Neevee and booked ticket in Evacay volvo.

Onward Trip: Chennai-Neyyatingara (Neevee Volvo Multi)

Departure (Sch/Act): 7:00 pm / 7:06 pm
Arrival (Sch/Act): 6:45 am / 7:45 am

On the day of travel, reached my boarding point in CMBT around 6:30 pm. Tracking link showed bus was parked some distance away from the boarding point. At around 6:50 pm bus arrived to the boarding point. Seems already this service has regular takers, couple of passengers waved hands on seeing the pilot and the pilot welcomed them with warm smile. I booked my ticket through phone, so i informed my seat number and the person checking the tickets asked me to occupy the seat and that he would collect the money once all the boarding was completed. The interior of the bus was maintained better. A blanket was folded and was kept on the seat. The leg space was adequate. Due to late arrival of passengers our departure was delayed. We finally started from CMBT at 7:06 pm, 6 mins delayed from the scheduled departure. Our next customary boarding point was at porur toll, couple of passengers joined here. After this the entertainment system was turned on and a movie was played. Meanwhile the cleaner came around to collect money from passengers who booked the tickets through phone. Traffic started pilling up as we neared perungulathur. We finally reached the perungulathur pick up point at 7:55 pm. We started from perungulathur at 7:57 pm. After this the traffic was on the higher side, added to this passengers were turning up late to the pickup points en route. Meanwhile, the cleaner came around distributing a 500 ml water bottle and a snacks bag that contained biscuit and mixture packets. Finally we crossed paranur toll (chengelpet) at 9:13 pm. After this the roads freed up a bit and the driver maintained good pace. Crossed Attur toll at 10 pm. We pulled in for dinner break around 10:18 pm. We resumed after break at 10:40 pm. Once on the highway, the pilot maintained good speed. We crossed vikravandi toll at 11:06 pm and Sengurichi toll at 11:42 pm. After this i slipped to sleep, vaguely remembered us crossing trichy. The next i woke up when my alarm rang around 5 am and we were entering tirunelveli. Couple of passengers got down here. After this i again slipped to sleep and woke up when we were going through the rough patches of road between Kavalkinaru and Nagercoil. Road works are being carried out in this stretch, which considerably slowed down our pace. Finally we reached Nagercoil omni bus stand at 6:15 am. Couple of passengers got down here, and some of the passengers used this as loo break. After this we had couple of drops at Marthandam, Kaliyakavillai, flyovers at Paravathipuram and Marthandam helped us cruise little faster in this stretch. Finally i was dropped off at Neyyatingara at 7:45 am. Overall had a good and comfortable journey, the driving was smooth yet fast. The overall delay in arrival was understandable due to the weekend traffic at Chennai. Definitely a recommended service in this route.

Return Trip: Nagercoil-Chennai (Evacay Volvo)

Depart (Sch/Act): 10:30 pm / 10:30 pm
Arrival (Sch/Act): 7:45 am (CMBT) / 8:40 am (Porur toll)

After attending the marriage reception, reached Nagercoil omni bus stand around 9:30 pm. Here meet our fellow bus fan Hersom bro. Spent some time clicking and discussing about the buses. Meanwhile there was back to back departures to various destinations. Nagercoil omni bs is a treat for busfans especially during the night hours. By around 10:15 pm almost all the buses left the omni bus stand gave a deserted look. Finally Evacay arrived at 10:25 pm. Boarding was pretty quick and we started exactly around 10:30 pm from Nagercoil. We stopped for bio break cum refuelling at apetrol bunk in Ozhuginasery. The journey was resumed after a 15 mins break. Once on the highway the driver meant business, the bus was cruising at good speeds. Our next and final pickup point was at Tirunelveli. We started after pickup at around 12:15 am. After this i slipped to sleep, vaguely remembered us crossing Thirumangalam. Briefly woke up when we were standing in a queue of vehicles in a toll. Didn't bother to note the place and went back to sleep. The next i woke up, we were crossing Paranur toll, and the time was 7:15 am. After this there were couple of drops enroute. As we neared maraimlai nagar, traffic worsened. We were literally crawling for most of the stretch till Perungulathur. After this we took the bypass road toward CMBT. Finally i got down in porur toll at 8:40 am. Overall had a comfortable journey.

Some of the clicks taken during the trip:
So many new entrants in this stretch now !
Nevee was okay in terms of speed as they would have reached TVM by 8:30 which is acceptable considering traffic in Chennai !And yes, the flyovers do help a lot, I personally felt that when I came down a couple of months ago!

Evacay might have very little disturbance at that time slot and hence covered more distance in shorter time !
Are Kallada, SRM, Rathimeena and Hebron still operating their premiums in this stretch ?

Buzfan

Are Kallada, SRM, Rathimeena and Hebron still operating their premiums in this stretch ?
Yes, all of these services are operational in this sector. Kallada had a Scania service, which now is replaced by volvo and couple of sleeper services, same is the case with Hebron. Rathimeena replaced their volvo seater with volvo sleeper. Slowly, sleepers are taking over the seater services in this route! SRM is now operating more services, around 12, including a day service in Nagercoil-Chennai route. Recently TAT also joined the list with them operating a day service with Scania.

binaiks

Somehow you manage to post these videos, all of which put us on a high ! :):)
One at the Minnal was a blue shirt which shows his expertise at the wheel ,
All operating crew of Kerala RTC wear Sky Blue coloured shirts with Navy Blue Pants. It has got nothing to do with "expertise"

HRSH

Yes, all of these services are operational in this sector. Kallada had a Scania service, which now is replaced by volvo and couple of sleeper services, same is the case with Hebron. Rathimeena replaced their volvo seater with volvo sleeper. Slowly, sleepers are taking over the seater services in this route! SRM is now operating more services, around 12, including a day service in Nagercoil-Chennai route. Recently TAT also joined the list with them operating a day service with Scania.
I agree, people prefer sleepers because they can report to duty the next day without eye sour !