Volvo B9R

HRSH

All operating crew of Kerala RTC wear Sky Blue coloured shirts with Navy Blue Pants. It has got nothing to do with "expertise"
As far as I know, khaki coloured uniform is worn by staff in TN and blue reserved for the senior ones !

deepam

Super User
Picture credit to its Owner.
Got this pic in WhatsApp.

View attachment 761677
+++++++++++++++++++
I totally disagree that this is the first time AC services were launched by TNSTC,
KSRTC and NEKRTC had already launched AC service in 2+3 combination were deputed in sector:
  • Mysuru - Bangalore
  • Gulbarga - Bijapur
  • Gulbarga - Hyderabad
  • Bangalore - Davanagere
  • Bangalore - Shimoga

This was way back in 2009-10 period. Later these were withdrawn or not replaced as Volvo's were introduced on these routes.
SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - KSRTC | NWKRTC | NEKRTC - Updates & Developments

deepam

Super User
I really want it to be a successful, viable model !
I don't agree with the fancy head and back lamps because maintenance will be a question !
I really hope they clean and maintain interiors properly !
+++++++++++++
Let us hope this model of operation is successful to TNSTC and general public treats the buses well.

chaitanya

+++++++++++++++++++
I totally disagree that this is the first time AC services were launched by TNSTC,
KSRTC and NEKRTC had already launched AC service in 2+3 combination were deputed in sector:
  • Mysuru - Bangalore
  • Gulbarga - Bijapur
  • Gulbarga - Hyderabad
  • Bangalore - Davanagere
  • Bangalore - Shimoga
This was way back in 2009-10 period. Later these were withdrawn or not replaced as Volvo's were introduced on these routes.
SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - KSRTC | NWKRTC | NEKRTC - Updates & Developments
If i am not wrong they were operated under the brand name sheetal... I did travel in one of them on the bangalore mysore route and frankly 3*2 is a tight fit . i somehow feel tnstc should have gone for the 12m chassis and squeezed in 48 seats with single exit.

binaiks

As far as I know, khaki coloured uniform is worn by staff in TN and blue reserved for the senior ones !
Every state has their own uniform. But this different uniform for senior staff exists only in TN. All other STUs have uniform according to the class of service or according to grade of staff.

+++++++++++++++++++
  • Mysuru - Bangalore
  • Gulbarga - Bijapur
  • Gulbarga - Hyderabad
  • Bangalore - Davanagere
  • Bangalore - Shimoga
MSRTC had also brought "Sheetal" class of buses, which were also economy AC seaters.

If i am not wrong they were operated under the brand name sheetal... I did travel in one of them on the bangalore mysore route and frankly 3*2 is a tight fit . i somehow feel tnstc should have gone for the 12m chassis and squeezed in 48 seats with single exit.
This is a 12M to the best of my knowledge - and this one should be seating more than 48 even with two exits!

HRSH

For that fare range ,I think they need more seats !